Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Forum Member

Nicely said firemedic 61

Forum Member

Yeah ditto. Very nicely put. I particularly liked the "pussification of our country" part. Sad, but so very, very true. Great post.

Forum Member

Where can I sign up for the fireteam test? Is it done at different places throughout the state?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CodyK View Post
    Where can I sign up for the fireteam test? Is it done at different places throughout the state?
    www.nationaltestingnetwork.com

Forum Member

Getting back to the question, I have recently taken the ft exam and got a 92 in reading/ 93 in math / 76 on video and 69 on mechanical.
    Not that I can confirm these statements true but after talking to other locals, those are pretty average scores. Usually high in reading and math, mid 70's to 80's in the video and all over the place in mechanical but mostly low numbers like low 70's, low 60's.
    I purchased the practice test offered from nationaltestingnetwork.com which is specifically for our fl fireteams exam and while it was a great introduction to the format, the mechanical portion along with all the others were extremely simplified.
    I've tried to find more specific study material on mechanical aptitude and most of the resources I've found in books or online is close, but not of any help.
    I am not trying to breach the wavier I signed so I can't offer any examples. However, if anyone happens to recommend any resources where I can find mechanical aptitude help, please let me know as it would be highly appreciated.
    Thanks for your time and help,
    Smith
    Last edited by WorkHarder; 06-21-2012 at 11:39 PM.

Forum Member

I recently took the fireteam test as well. I had no idea what to expect. I did pay for the practicexam that you can buy, so I guess I kind of had a general idea. I'm not a big fan of the test to be honest. I made it thru though and glad I did, but the fireteam test disqualified more than half the applicants. I'm not sure of my scores but I'd like to know. Maybe my 4yr degree is part of the reason, I don't know. I didn't make it to the chiefs interview, but I guess I can be happy I made it as far as I did, and this being my first time going thru the process. Maybe next year.

Forum Member

How long have you been applying for Want2BAFF? I just finished mine up as well and am about to start sending out applications.

Forum Member

That was my first try. Unfortunately I'm pretty limited as to where I can go. But if you can apply everywhere. Tons of applicants!

Forum Member

if you don't mind me asking and i'm not 100% sure if this counts as breaching the fireteams wavier, but what were your scores like?

Forum Member

Unfortunately I never recieved my scores, I just got the call that I had moved on to the physical agility. I dont even know if I can get the info; I felt like I did horrible.

Forum Member

Hm..I wonder if the testing has changed recently because I took mine, got the scores posted on line a couple days later and then now have to select what departments I want to send them too. Assuming you took the FL fire teams? Or did you have your scores transferred from another state?

Forum Member

I took the fireteam in another state, but figured the tests were pretty much the same. I dont know, I just wasn't a huge fan of the fireteam test but I did pass, so I cant complain too much.

Forum Member

There ya go. Well good luck from here on out. I'll try to stay in contact as I'm just starting to put out applications as well.

Forum Member

You too buddy. Where in Fla are you?

Forum Member

South West area. about an hour South of Tampa

Forum Member

That's cool, tons of depts to apply to in FL.

Forum Member

Greetings,

My name is Bill Hicks and I am in my 18th year in the fire service, and currently serve as a fire chief. I am also a doctoral candidate at Eastern Kentucky University and my dissertation topic involves investigating the current status of firefighter reciprocity among the 50 states. I am seeking members of the fire service who may have experience in moving from state to state and seeking reciprocity, or recognition of certification issued by your old state, in a new state. Also, if you came from the military and sought reciprocity for DOD certificates, I would like to hear from you as well. If you have not experienced this, please forward the link below to anyone who you may know that has done this.

For those that have such experiences, I am humbly asking you to give 5 minutes of your time to answer a short series of question found at the link below on your experiences with seeking reciprocity, or recognition when you moved from one state to another, regardless of being paid or volunteer members in your department.

Also at the end of the survey you will have a space to share any experiences you may have had when dealing with reciprocity of fire service certifications in your department and with your state. Also feel free to forward this to any fire service member(s) who you feel would have something to say on the topic.

Your anonymity is protected throughout the process. Just click or copy the link below to begin.

https://ekussem.co1.qualtrics.com/SE...Z1aVMb9w1QhYtD

Also, if you would like to share your experiences with me in more depth after taking part in the survey, please leave your email in the beginning of the comments section at the end of the survey.

Thread Information