Thread: CAFS Skid unit

Forum Member

Another option is Snuffer Corporation out of Canada. Very very simple unit to operate, Turn on the motor, flip on the air compressor switch, stretch hose and charge line. there is no tank to pump valve to mess with. The units have built in lines for cooling the air compressor and pump so in case you would have forgot to crack your tank fill lline its not an issue and it always circulates. As long as it has water, foam and gas to run the skid motor you can walk away from it. If you run a company with short manpower this may be an option for you. We used to use our unit for overhaul on structure fires as well as brush fires. On really cold nights we would fire the unit up and leave the station so it did not freeze when we traveled. Unit is even able to accommodate a room and contents fire if you have a aggressive nozzleman. Our unit was purchased in 2000, i don't know if the same problem occurs now but it took us a little bit to get it in from Canada and having to pass customs. If you call them they would be able to answer those questions. The water pump is not that great if flowing just water, not alot of capacity but the main function is to supply the CAFS side of the unit. The model we have which i cant for the life of me remember the number, will supply 2 one inch CAFS lines or 1 1-1/2 line CAFS and 1 inch water line. It can draft however we have never tried it and usually fill off a 1-1/2 line from an engine.

Forum Member

Default UHP with foam may be a better choice

We have a local department who gave up their CAFS units for a HMA Fire ultra-high pressure system with foam; the department has found the unit easier to maintain, easier to use and more effective at putting out fires.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevils83 View Post
    We have a local department who gave up their CAFS units for a HMA Fire ultra-high pressure system with foam; the department has found the unit easier to maintain, easier to use and more effective at putting out fires.
    I understand, I also understand that you are with HMA, but as I pointed out I HAVE to buy a CAFS unit to comply with the grant.

Thread Information