Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: San Diego City

Forum Member

Where did you hear that? Haven't heard anything, pretty active in the ems side of things in the county.

Forum Member

From a SDFD Captain. I know some people who received letters stating not selected.

Forum Member

Gotcha. Yea I guess it is about that time they said we would hear back. Thanks for the heads up! Good luck to everyone, if it doesn't work out stay in the hunt! It'll happen soon enough, keep working hard.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by useandaboo1 View Post
    From a SDFD Captain. I know some people who received letters stating not selected.
    Did the letter say not selected for the first academy or not selected period?

Forum Member

So I have a question. I got an email today to apply for the "open enrollee" positions for this academy. It says they will draw six lottery style and those six will get into the academy. My question is, once done with the academy do you have a job? The Miramar website says the city is "excellent" at hiring those who make it through, but I would like to hear from someone working for SD or someone who actually knows what they do with these six. Thanks in advance!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by skitahoe View Post
    So I have a question. I got an email today to apply for the "open enrollee" positions for this academy. It says they will draw six lottery style and those six will get into the academy. My question is, once done with the academy do you have a job? The Miramar website says the city is "excellent" at hiring those who make it through, but I would like to hear from someone working for SD or someone who actually knows what they do with these six. Thanks in advance!
    I recieved the same letter back in October for the 73rd open enrollee academy.I was not selected for the academy. I recieved the same letter yesterday (01/15/13)for the 74th academy.You are NOT paid to go through this academy. You're putting yourself through the academy with the POSSIBILITY of a job. It's a gamble, but its still an opportunity. Also found this video about the open enrollee academy

http://www.fdnntv.com/Finding-Job-Fire-Service

Good luck everyone.

Forum Member

Interesting concept

Guess if enough people retire, and funding for those slits is kept they pick up the open enrolle

But once again San Diego government and low pay

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by xsheen2x View Post
    I recieved the same letter back in October for the 73rd open enrollee academy.I was not selected for the academy. I recieved the same letter yesterday (01/15/13)for the 74th academy.You are NOT paid to go through this academy. You're putting yourself through the academy with the POSSIBILITY of a job. It's a gamble, but its still an opportunity. Also found this video about the open enrollee academy

http://www.fdnntv.com/Finding-Job-Fire-Service

Good luck everyone.
    You applying again? And I'm assuming you currently live in SD?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by skitahoe View Post
    You applying again? And I'm assuming you currently live in SD?
    I've got nothing to lose by applying again. Might as well roll the dice and hope for the best. I live in LA.

Forum Member

Got a letter in the mail today that stated the following:

"The San Diego Fire Rescue Dept has scheduled interviews for the 75th Fire Receuit Academy, TENATIVELY scheduled to begin October 14,2013. You are being offered an opportunity to participate in an oral interview for Fire Recruit"

Forum Member

yea they are interviewing for the 75th from the current list (Cat 1), then this next exam will be for the 76th. Not sure if they will do the 77th or not with this next exam.

Thread Information