Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Reciprocity help

I've been a Firefighter/EMT in Florida since Nov of 2006, but am probably going to be laid off soon, so me and my fiance are looking at moving to her home state of New Hampshire. I've already done a little homework, and know that they accept Proboard certs, which I have. I have NREMT, Proboard Firefighter 1 & 2, Proboard HAZMAT Op's, and PADI Rescue Diver, as well as many state certs such as, EVOC, Tactics 1 & 2, and more. I'm working on filing reciprocity, but am wondering how to speed up the process, and how the state even hires, anything really. If anyone could help it'd be greatly appreciated. You can also reach me at jaydenloose08@yahoo.com

MembersZone Subscriber fallujahff's Avatar

Well is it New Hamshire or North Carolina?
    "When you are safe at home, you wish you were having an adventure-when you're having an adventure, you wish you were safe at home"

--Thornton Wilder

MembersZone Subscriber

At this point it's either or. I'm keeping all my options open, and trying to find out everything I can. NH would be a lot easier on us since we're already up here.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jaydenloose08 View Post
    At this point it's either or. I'm keeping all my options open, and trying to find out everything I can. NH would be a lot easier on us since we're already up here.
    In NH you should have no issues if you have proboard certs, because like it was mentioned before they are a proboard state. I got certified in NH when I started in the fire service. Your national emt should transfer as well; to work as an emt in NH you will need to take a protocol test, which isn't too bad. Depends on where you would be going, if you are looking for "full time" work. There arn't too many full time depts up there, and the testing process is long. But if you want to be a volly up there, almost 70% of the state is volly. Good luck.

MembersZone Subscriber fallujahff's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jaydenloose08 View Post
    Gotcha--Answered the NC question on one of your cross-posts. Good Luck to you.
    "When you are safe at home, you wish you were having an adventure-when you're having an adventure, you wish you were safe at home"

--Thornton Wilder

Thread Information