Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default detroit fire department?!?!?!?!?

are they on a hiring freeze or what everytime i go to the city website and call i get the voicemail then the voicemal sends me to someone that is supposed to answer then i get there voicemail which of course is full and i cant leave a message. before i get criticized for wanting to go to detroit, im a michigander its in my blood and i honestly cant see myself happier anywhere else, there is alot of history and tradition in detroit and damn it i want to be a part of that so any help or contact points would help out alot thank u !?!?
    heres the numbers i have for them anyone let me know if there is another to contact?
    admin off: 313 596 2900
    training off: 313 237 2775

Talking

Here's some advice: punctuation, grammar, and spelling. Start there before you go looking for a job that actually involves saving lives.

Forum Member

Contact by Phone
    Phone: (313) 224-3710

communityrelations@detroitmi.g ov

Forum Member

Isn't detroit talking about laying off firefighters?

Forum Member

Pontiac.......

Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

hey sweet pea, sweet pete, what ever ur name is u dont have to be a jerk alright man i have recently been seperated out of the military medically nd just now back to 100%. I have been training my *** off and working hard everyday to get where im at, and just because i decided to not use proper grammar or punctuation u decided to get on here and bash me for it? Umm im on here looking to be a career fire fighter and instead of bashing me why dont you try to give me info and help me I mean thats what a fire fighter job is, to help people not to be *******s?

Forum Member

WOW, before you become hostile, settle down and take some of those meds. that the army probably prescribed you for your "medical condition".....yeah that's probably wrong of me to say, but before you go throwing out your "disabled military card" try loosening up a bit.

Capt was trying to help you out by directing you to somewhere that you could find the info on YOUR OWN! Do a little research and you'd be amazed what you find, and it's even more self-rewarding because you did it yourself.

In regards to the grammar and punctuation...everyone makes their mistakes, but when its so horrible to a point where its hard to read, obviously you need to sharpen your skills up considering most entry level written exams for Firefighter have non-other than SPELLING and GRAMMAR.

I gave you some free advice. Take it or leave it. And if you think THAT'S bashing you, the fire service is not for you.

Your post looked and sounded like a "punch-drunk" teenager. That won't gain you alot of respect here

Thread Information