Thread: online classes

Forum Member

Default online classes

My name is jim i work as full time f/f in FL, im laied up right now with dislocated elbow and am looking for some online classes can anyone help me with some web's?

Forum Member

What type of classes are you looking for?
    If your going to cry about doing the job you signed up for do us all a favor and quit, there are plenty of dedicated people standing in line for the best job in the world.

Firefighter/Paramedic

Forum Member

http://www.wiu.edu/catalog/2010_-_20...ms/general.php

Degrees at a Distance
    The Degrees at a Distance Program (DDP) is a certificate program of 13 fire-related, upper division courses recognized by the National Fire Academy (NFA). Members of the fire service may choose to take any number of these courses to enhance their professional growth, and the NFA will award certificates for successful completion. The certificates meet the national fire service and training standards established by the U.S. Fire Administration’s National Fire Academy and the Department of Homeland Security.
    For fire service personnel who would like to take one or more of these courses, and at the same time work toward completing a bachelor’s degree at WIU, the degree associated with the DDP is the Bachelor of Arts in General Studies. The NFA has an agreement with WIU’s General Studies degree to provide undergraduate certifications in:
    Fire Administration and Management
    Fire Prevention Technology
    Through completion of one of the certificates, firefighters will be able to focus their General Studies degree in a fire-related academic area and have the certificate posted on their academic transcripts.

tcd
    Forum Member

Not sure if you're looking for fire-related online courses or online education in general. One of the best sites to research online degrees and certificates is http://www.geteducated.com. This site lists lists just about every offering from public and private universities and doesn't just return information that a for-profit organization paid to have listed.

I typed in "fire" and it returned 3 different institutions offering certificates through Masters degrees related to firefighting.

Another great source of information on online education is http://www.degreeinfo.com. They have active forums with folks that can provide great advice on info on online programs.

Forum Member

Ive been a firfighter for 28 yrs so if u can't be a brouther than keep your opinions to yourself

Forum Member

¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tigg902004 View Post
    Ive been a firfighter for 28 yrs so if u can't be a brouther than keep your opinions to yourself
    Did you go to school?
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

tcd
    Forum Member

What is this post in response to?

MembersZone Subscriber

Tigg, I think you were taking offence to Firemedic 61's signature line. I dont think that it was directed at you.

If you are still looking for online classes check out St Pete College. They have on-line fire classes and you pay in state tuition.

stay safe,

rob

Forum Member

LMAO. That's great man. I don't think I've ever seen a signature misinterpreted!

Forum Member

Oh great, now my signature has offended someone. What's next?
    If your going to cry about doing the job you signed up for do us all a favor and quit, there are plenty of dedicated people standing in line for the best job in the world.

Firefighter/Paramedic

Forum Member

"""If your going to cry about doing the job you signed up for do us all a favor and quit, there are plenty of dedicated people standing in line for the best job in the world."""

Hay don't talk about Obama and me like that

Floater for life!!

i have taken 2 classes through Fireetraining.com and so far so good...only has Building construction, company officer, and prevention but is working on more classes 1st part of next year.
    42-B "The Night Train"

Thread Information