Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: rehab truck

Forum Member

Default rehab truck

i will post these pictures of our new rehab truck to start a new thread
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

Very nice. Very nice indeed. I'm jealous. Wish we had something like that.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Forum Member

So you post pics to tease us and no details? Come on, SPILL THE BEANS!

Forum Member

It has seating capacity of 8 with the thought of getting firefighters into a climate controled envirement if needed,it has 2 refrigerators than run on the kussmaul plug at the station and switch over to truck power once running for gatorade and water bottles and perishable snack items will be stored also in them.It has 3 quick pop up canopys 10 x 10 on board and a 24 foot automatic canopy on the officers side to be used for shade with 13 fold up camping style chairs. It has 2 cooldraft misting fans for use under the canopy and we currently have 6 of the cool shirt system (vest you put on with hose attached to cooler that circulates cool water thru the vest to help lower your body temp) with plans to purchase 6 more it has 3 igloo coolers that carry water and gatorade with a coffee maker on board and also high calorie snacks. It also carries 7 portable tables for holding of snacks and any hot foods that we purchase depending on length of call it also has the bauer 13 cfm mobile cascade compressor and a 2 bottle refill station on the rear compartment for unlimited refilling of air bottles, it also has the rv style bathroom on it and 1 light tower on the top of the cab. I can't think of any thing else to mention i hope this answers your questions let me know if you have any other questions. To me its kind of a 2 in 1 truck mobile cascade/ rehab the department decided to name it rehab 1

Nice truck! Never seen one before.

Forum Member

Awesome rig!

Forum Member

I've gotta be honest here. Unless this is a very large or very wealthy department, this rig seems a little over the top. So many departments sing the blues over the lack of money for training and/or firefighting equipment. Then they buy rigs like this that only serve a support role. Unless every other rig (used for actual firefighting) is state of the art, I wouldn't want to see money go for this.

Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Come on Captain...If they have all they need then why not? I mean holy cow, take a look at all.the specialty rigs YOUR FD has.
    “The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing, and becomes nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn and feel and change and grow and love and live.” Leo F. Buscaglia

This place gets weirder and weirder every day...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Come on Captain...If they have all they need then why not? I mean holy cow, take a look at all.the specialty rigs YOUR FD has.
    If they have all they need then I say go for it! They know better than me if they need it and can afford it.

Yes we have a lot of special apparatus. We also have over 8 million people in an area of about 300 square miles. One big reason for the high number of special units is that four out of five of NYC boros are islands and it doesn't take much to tie up the bridges and tunnels. We need redundancy built in. We also need to be able to handle multiple incidents. Terrorist trend has been toward multiple widespread attacks.

Special apparatus still make up a relatively small portion of overall fleet.

Quote Originally Posted by captnjak View Post
    If they have all they need then I say go for it! They know better than me if they need it and can afford it.

Yes we have a lot of special apparatus. We also have over 8 million people in an area of about 300 square miles. One big reason for the high number of special units is that four out of five of NYC boros are islands and it doesn't take much to tie up the bridges and tunnels. We need redundancy built in. We also need to be able to handle multiple incidents. Terrorist trend has been toward multiple widespread attacks.

Special apparatus still make up a relatively small portion of overall fleet.
    GOTCHA!! Thanks for finally clearing up what FD you are a member of.
    “The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing, and becomes nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn and feel and change and grow and love and live.” Leo F. Buscaglia

Forum Member

I don't consider us to be large, around 93,000 people in town and we cover 53 sq. miles and we are all volunteer department with only our chief being paid. We receive our budget from the city and they make sure we have what we need to do the job. This rehab was purchased at the same time as we purchased 5 Crimson pumpers which completed a recent upgrade to our entire fleet. Our oldest first out is a 2009 crimson and our reserve engines are 1993. This rehab replaced a 1995 rescue truck that had been converted to a rehab to meet our needs. Our rehab is available to any of our surrounding departments all they have to do is just call, It has been to Galveston for a large oil tank fire and to southeast Houston for an apartment fire. This unit isn't just for structure fires, it can be used on long duration calls also etc; gas leaks, grass fires, assisting our police departments Swat team and we still have money for training and I consider us as one of the best trained department in the Houston area.

Forum Member

Congratulations! Now we just have to work on the whole rank thing.

Congratulations! Now we just have to work on the whole rank thing.
    Nah, seeing what we both post here we are both pretty rank!!

Forum Member

Dang ... He walked right into that one.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by capt611 View Post
    I don't consider us to be large, around 93,000 people in town and we cover 53 sq. miles and we are all volunteer department with only our chief being paid. We receive our budget from the city and they make sure we have what we need to do the job. This rehab was purchased at the same time as we purchased 5 Crimson pumpers which completed a recent upgrade to our entire fleet. Our oldest first out is a 2009 crimson and our reserve engines are 1993. This rehab replaced a 1995 rescue truck that had been converted to a rehab to meet our needs. Our rehab is available to any of our surrounding departments all they have to do is just call, It has been to Galveston for a large oil tank fire and to southeast Houston for an apartment fire. This unit isn't just for structure fires, it can be used on long duration calls also etc; gas leaks, grass fires, assisting our police departments Swat team and we still have money for training and I consider us as one of the best trained department in the Houston area.
    had the privilege of attending the Harris County Weekend at TEEX earlier this year, and was very impressed with the level of training and professionalism of the folks in my class from that area. They were very well trained and prepared.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    Dang ... He walked right into that one.
    I assure you I didn't walk right into anything. Caught it from a mile away.

I assure you I didn't walk right into anything. Caught it from a mile away.
    Stop trying to drive a wedge Bobby, the good captnjak and I are getting along famously now!

Forum Member

Smile

Stop trying to drive a wedge Bobby, the good captnjak and I are getting along famously now!
    Actually, it's gotten a little boring around here since we stopped yelling at each other.

Thread Information