Thread: Mesa, AZ 2012

Forum Member

Default Mesa, AZ 2012

Who all got there app in on time? They cut the apps off today at 12 noon. Instead of Thursday. They must have got there 1200 apps filled fast

Forum Member

I got my app in. It opened at 12:01 am Sunday morning AZ time, and I live in ND. An hour difference. I woke up at 1:00 am my time and my app was submitted by 12:03 am AZ time. I knew this would have closed early! I can't wait. I have family down there, and I just tested with Phoenix a few months ago!

Forum Member

I set mt alarm for 12:15am. I wanted to make sure I was in

MembersZone Subscriber

Luckily, I got mine in. Does anyone know how many they plan to hire, or any other details?

Forum Member

got mine in at like 1230am... was on a call. im surprised it was open til noon.

Forum Member

Default Walk ins?

is mesa allowing walk-ins like Denver?

Forum Member

ive never heard of a dept allowing walk-ins. for mesa, no, the application closed on the 9th @ noon.

Forum Member

any word on how many they are going to hire?

Forum Member

I wonder the same thing? How many?

Forum Member

I heard in the ballpark of 10-20 or 15-20 so thats pretty good odds with 1200 apps im sure not all wil show up so that leaves about 1000 then the test isnt to hard Ive taken a similar one with city of las vegas 2 years ago but they used the 9th ed of the study guide

Forum Member

Just got my invite today and I'm scheduled and ready to go for March. Anyone else get theirs? Also, has anyone seen the study guide or material they send? Is it material like what Phoenix gives you or is the type of material that Chandler/Tempe/Scottsdale sent that was optional?

Forum Member

I got the okay to schedule the test as well....So since they screened apps, does anyone know how many they accepted ?? 1200 apps to _____?

MembersZone Subscriber

I just received my study guide in the mail....phew that was fast! The fact that we have a study guide is frickin awesome! Also, I had heard that they want to do a class of 30 (heard this from a buddy who works for a neighboring department). 1200 is indeed great odds. We can only do our best and hope for the best!

Forum Member

Yeah mine came in fast too. This is a pretty intense study packet! I thought Phoenix's study packet was a lot of information to retain. I do like these kind of tests though, because I think it really does weed out the guys who just show up to test and hope for the best. The guys who really want it are the ones who are studying every chance they get, every day.

Forum Member

Just wondering Im a Paramedic also speak spanish read write it also, would that help me out. Has anyone ever taken there test, any tips or help you can give me let me know Thanks a lot

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ratamata View Post
    Just wondering Im a Paramedic also speak spanish read write it also, would that help me out. Has anyone ever taken there test, any tips or help you can give me let me know Thanks a lot
    Every one of the things you listed will help you tremendously. But, they aren't a guarantee. Study and hopefully you're already working on your interview prep.mgood luck!

Forum Member

Thanks Skitahoe, Do you have any idea howthetest is? Have you ever applied for them before.

Forum Member

Ratamata, I have no idea what kind of test they administer. You might be able to find out on their website or on here somewhere. If you've never taken a test before, brush up on your high school math and grammar and you'll be fine. I've never applied and missed this opening unfortunately. I just know that out west here, with the higher Hispanic populations, that being bi-lingual AND a paramedic means you can pretty much go where you want so long as you can navigate the interview, etc. Again, good luck!

Forum Member

ratamata, you have the study guide, read it, memorize it and you'll be good. as far as how many applied, assume the max, 1200.

Forum Member

Nice ive got my test coming up on March 13th @ 1pm! Been drilling all the info into my head! Good luck to everybody testing, give it your all! what dates does everybody else have to test?.

Forum Member

Hey Smoke_eater sent me a message so we can talk if you can man. Looks like I cant send you any messages. SO hit me up and ill reply. Thanks man will talk.

Forum Member

Hey Smoke_eater13 yeah send me another one I cant send you one. I replied to yours on my page that has your message on it. Thats how Ill reply to you on my page. So check it out and let me know

Forum Member

So how did everyone do? Who got invited for an interview? I made the cut, thankfully.

Forum Member

I made it. Interviews sometime in June. No scores, though. Just pass/fail.

MembersZone Subscriber

I got an interview as well. I am glad to see that they may have an academy next February.

Thread Information