Forum Member

Default Greetings from Belleville, IL

Hey all!

Greetings from Belleville, IL, just east of St. Louis, MO. I'm a member of Belleville FF Local #53. Been on in Belleville for six years, and I'm an Engineer/firefighter now. I'm also serving on the executive board of the union as treasurer. I started in the Fire Service in 1992 at age 19 when I joined the US Air Force. I did three years up in Anchorage, Alaska, at Elmendorf AFB Fire Department, then got stationed at Scott AFB, near Belleville. Although I am originally from upstate NY (born in Rome), I liked Illinois so much that when I got out of the military, I stayed here.

I'm a third generation firefighter. My grandfather (dairy farmer) then my mother (RN) were members of the Lee Center, NY, VFD. I'm proud to carry on the family tradition.

I'm looking to network and learn from all of the different folks out there doing the best job in the world!

I'm also entered in the FDIC Battle of the Bands this year. My band, Jack's High, has been together three years or so and we have played all around the area, including our FD's big benefit chicken and beer dance twice. We play local gigs a couple of times per month. We just got featured in the local paper, seen here: http://www.bnd.com/2012/01/06/200487...eeds-your.html

You can vote for us here: http://vote.jackshighband.com

I'm glad to be a member of the forums!

JFab
    Last edited by JFab; 01-10-2012 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Typo

Thread Information