+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 First ... 4567
    MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by LVFD301 View Post
    Sorry for slamming the door on the way out, but you all have a drink on me! Got my 1199a for my regional comms!
    That's OK Blake, that's the way we like to see someone leave. We will be seeing you soon enough in the "Comm Grant Hell" saloon down the street as soon as you dive in to start managing that sucker! LOL! Congrats glad I could help ya!
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    That's OK Blake, that's the way we like to see someone leave. We will be seeing you soon enough in the "Comm Grant Hell" saloon down the street as soon as you dive in to start managing that sucker! LOL! Congrats glad I could help ya!
    Kurt, I am getting you a rag mounted to a plaque. A POLISHING rag. You did a great job polishing up the turd I wrote - and I really appreciate it!

Forum Member

Nice going Blake: At least some needy depts are getting all the money this year for comms.

Forum Member

If we have not recieved a DJ yet, does that mean taht we are still being considered or are more dear johns going to occur throughout the process. Thanks for all of the inof on this forum.

Stay safe.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by pyromedic811 View Post
    If we have not recieved a DJ yet, does that mean taht we are still being considered or are more dear johns going to occur throughout the process. Thanks for all of the inof on this forum.

Stay safe.
    What it means is you did not get rejected by the computer. AFG is a 2 hurdle race. You have to beat the computer first, then beat the peer panel to score a win. Right now you are still in the race and have gone to the peer panel however, you can still get a rejection notice if the peer panel did not rate your grant hgih enough. Keep your fingers crossed you have a better than 50-50 chance at this point.
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Peer level DJ's still to come. If you are still waiting you have already done better than about 70% of the rest of us

Forum Member

Kurt, Have you heard anything on the rumor mill of when the next round of DJ's might go out. I have not recieved one yet, nor have I got an 1199. I know it is early, but honestly the suspense is killing me. This is only the second grant I have writen and the last ones DJ came early! If awarded will we get the 1199 first or does that depend?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYSTARR View Post
    Kurt, Have you heard anything on the rumor mill of when the next round of DJ's might go out. I have not recieved one yet, nor have I got an 1199. I know it is early, but honestly the suspense is killing me. This is only the second grant I have writen and the last ones DJ came early! If awarded will we get the 1199 first or does that depend?
    No news is good news here right now guy. No telling or rumor as to when the peer review rejections notices will surface. Its not usually till they get pretty close to giving all the money away and they are a little more than haflway through that now. If you are going to get awarded, you will recive anotice to file an 1199a.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Billy: Come on over to the waiting Bar and have a drink. You made it to peer review and thats a good sign this year.

MembersZone Subscriber

Reading the article this morning about the department turning down 2.1 I think it was in safer. Will that get redistributed or sent back to the general coffers. I know it should get re-issued but with things running like they are on the hill it makes you wonder.

Forum Member

Since it was a 2010 SAFER it won't be reallocated, the deadline for that is long gone. Same reason the $5mil from Cleveland and so many others went into thin air, or to Pakistan. Same difference.

That's also why they changed the award procedure so awardees have 30 days to click that button online to accept it. If not, bye-bye money, on to the next person.

MembersZone Subscriber

OMG are you kidding me? Really! Boy if ever a Chief needed a PIO here it is. The Chief makes a public quotation in the newspaper that the city " does not have a staffing problem and is safe" and yet he affixes his electronic signature to an application that is submittted and is supposed to be an attestment to truth and accuracy of all statements contained within. I mean how do you request $2.1 million dollars from a hiring grant and not indicate that there is a significant saftey risk due too lack of proper staffing.AFG PG evens warns him to read the thing before submitting to make sure it is accurate and truthful.I would love to see a copy of that application.
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Here's the link to the story:

http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/D...ew-3242091.php

Fire Chief Geoff Herald said that while he would love to have the new firefighters on board, "I have to deal with the reality and the fiscal restraints the city is under. I am both a taxpayer and the fire chief."

Herald added that the department is fully staffed in that it can continue to have 25 people on each shift, but there is some overtime generated when firefighters are out on sick leave or vacation.

"We are not having problems meeting our staffing requirements," he said. "The city is safe."
    I think the Chief missed the session for Fire Chief 101: Think before you speak.

Forum Member

If that's the case then they probably had to stretch the truth to get a 2.1 million safer grant approved.
    Problem is most of these cities can't afford the add on costs for pensions and benefits.
    Also note in the waterbury Ct. story how they wanted concessions in the new contract for new hires.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 First ... 4567

Thread Information