Forum Member

No results yet for me but it is about that time for them to start to trickle in. I just got good news from Kennewick I made there final list, now that is 3 departments im in the top 10 after the first interview. 2 that im in the top 5. Just hoping that one of the departments on Bates actually hires and they dont pull laterals like last time.

Forum Member

I got my test results back today as well as one of my friends. Another buddy received his yesterday.

Forum Member

How did everyone do? 88% combined.

Forum Member

I got a combined score of 88.7999

Forum Member

87.25 overall, not where I was wanting to be but still not horrible. My mech was up to a 97% but my HR was down at an 83%.

Forum Member

83% combined. I'm a little bummed because that probably isn't high enough to get any interviews, but it was my first testing experience so I suppose there will be chances to do better in the future. I got over 84 on HR and a little over 80 on mech.

Forum Member

Congrats! Luck wished in getting into a department in the near future.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ashleycw View Post
    83% combined. I'm a little bummed because that probably isn't high enough to get any interviews, but it was my first testing experience so I suppose there will be chances to do better in the future. I got over 84 on HR and a little over 80 on mech.
    That is not bad at all for your first Fireteam test! Good job

Forum Member

got an 87.9 last year and got interview with bellingham this time i got 88.8 no call for interview yet

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFWC View Post
    That is not bad at all for your first Fireteam test! Good job
    Thanks for the encouragement, FFWC.

Anyone gotten a call yet?

Forum Member

Looking like most of the departments won't contact until Summer if at all. Bham seems like the best bet. Most hires appear to be happening there.

Bellingham- The eligibility register will likely become active in mid summer and will remain active for one year. (I heard 1-4, maybe more. But no guarantee that they will hire from this list.)

Olympia - summer/fall. (1 vacancy)

South King (not likely), CKFR (1 maybe 2 or maybe none), Bremerton (unknown), SKFR (not likely), Seatac (unknown).

Forum Member

^NWDRE, your right. Talked with Bham HR and they said they wont even see the new scores until most likely June. They just made call backs from the last Bates test as well for chief interviews. 2 vancies for sure.

I got good scores so im hoping to get a call this summer!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NWDREX2 View Post
    Looking like most of the departments won't contact until Summer if at all. Bham seems like the best bet. Most hires appear to be happening there.

Bellingham- The eligibility register will likely become active in mid summer and will remain active for one year. (I heard 1-4, maybe more. But no guarantee that they will hire from this list.)

Olympia - summer/fall. (1 vacancy)

South King (not likely), CKFR (1 maybe 2 or maybe none), Bremerton (unknown), SKFR (not likely), Seatac (unknown).
    Bremerton now has 2 openings. I would say likely hiring will be towards the end of the year or first part of next year. The big question is whether we will hire laterals or entry-level.

Forum Member

Hi all,

I'm new to this process, and wondering two things:

1) If you've never done the CPAT test before (but done other things like it), is it advisable to go to the practice session? (I've been planning to go, but something has come up - I can still make it, if I need to, but thought I'd ask.)

2) More importantly, does anyone have any advice on how to improve your test score? I did alright, but I doubt my score is high enough to get an interview and would like to get better at it.

Thanks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Macondo View Post
    Hi all,

I'm new to this process, and wondering two things:

1) If you've never done the CPAT test before (but done other things like it), is it advisable to go to the practice session? (I've been planning to go, but something has come up - I can still make it, if I need to, but thought I'd ask.)

2) More importantly, does anyone have any advice on how to improve your test score? I did alright, but I doubt my score is high enough to get an interview and would like to get better at it.

Thanks.
    If you're wondering about the CPAT I would recommend going to Nationaltestingnetwork.com and check out their CPAT link. They have an instructional video that gives you the run down.

Are you in good shape? If you are you won't need to do the practice. The thing that mostly gets people is the stair climb at the beginning. But if you're able to charge through you make your time. The max time is plenty of time to complete it.

Regarding improving your test score...you just gotta keep taking the test. Study up on your mechanical stuff if you are lacking there. Get the FF exam books. If it was HR where you were falling short then think team centered not self centered and always try to find the positive in situations and with people. But honestly, this test takes a few times doing it to get it more. That's how it was for me at least.

Hope this helps.

Forum Member

Definitely helpful, thank you.

Forum Member

I would like to know how many of you out there scored over 92 combined. Also if anyone has heard when they are going to send test scores out to Dept. thanks for any info.

Forum Member

You will get an interview with a 92.
    Last edited by FFWC; 06-06-2012 at 07:14 PM.

Forum Member

Anyone heard anything?

Forum Member

Not a thing. By the way, how the heck do you score a 92 on that test?!!! Nice job...

Forum Member

I got a phone call from SKFR about doing an interview in the next month or so. Anyone hear anything from other agencies?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cub View Post
    I got a phone call from SKFR about doing an interview in the next month or so. Anyone hear anything from other agencies?

Hey Arctic,

If you don't mind me asking what was your Bates score? Preference points?

Forum Member

89.6% and no preference points.

Forum Member

Hi All- I got a 92.8 on my test. Hope I get a call soon! Anyone else heard anything?

Forum Member

I got a 92.3%, no calls, emails, or letters from any departments yet.

Thread Information