Forum Member

Just got an e mail from Bremerton, made the list but not top 3. Here is a copy of that e mail.

"Congratulations on passing the examination process for the position of Firefighter-EMT. Your name has been placed on the City of Bremertonís Civil Service Eligible register. The register will remain in force for a period of one year.

Per Civil Service Rules, the top three candidates (for each vacant position) on the register will be certified to the Fire Chief, as positions become available. Currently you are not among the top three on the register. We do not give out ranking."

Anyone hear the same, different, or from other departments in the consortium?

Forum Member

@washedupFF: I got that same email. Encouraging to finally hear from 1 of the departments.

Forum Member

I got the same email as well.

Forum Member

Just read on Dailydispatch that South King passed there M&O Levy and got a SAFER awarded to them. They are going to fill 9 positions. Last time they had interviews they just hired Laterals.

Forum Member

@Cbar84, thanks for that bit of news, very exciting information. Did they use the Bates test last time as well? Another iron in the fire!
    First to get contact please post.

Forum Member

FYI, i received a call from Bellingham and have an interview with them End of this month. Thanks for the heads up about South King Fire.

Forum Member

@jscott, when did Bellingham call you?
    Thanks

Forum Member

Bellingham called about 2 weeks ago now, letter went out last week. Good news for South King!

Forum Member

SKFR just opened on National instead of using BATES scores- looks like they are emphasizing on hiring laid-off (or soon to be) Union Firefighters as well as Veterans.

Forum Member

@j2two: They will still be pulling scores from Bates. One of the requirements of the SAFER grant is that they advertise to a diverse pool of candidates. Pulling scores from National Testing Network and Bates I guess fulfills that diversity requirement.

Forum Member

I took a class from a couple SKFR guys and will shoot them an email to see what they say about it.

**Just wanting to see what you all think, I can re-take my NTN later this month but I scored an 86.34 HR and a 94 Mech. for an 88.8 overall with the 70-30% ratio. Do you guys think i should try to better it or stick with it? I would love to get into TVFR process so I looked at last years cutoff and it was a 89.17, but they took some of the lower scores because people dropped out.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cbar84 View Post
    I took a class from a couple SKFR guys and will shoot them an email to see what they say about it.

**Just wanting to see what you all think, I can re-take my NTN later this month but I scored an 86.34 HR and a 94 Mech. for an 88.8 overall with the 70-30% ratio. Do you guys think i should try to better it or stick with it? I would love to get into TVFR process so I looked at last years cutoff and it was a 89.17, but they took some of the lower scores because people dropped out.

I think you will be right on the Verge. I know alot of guys with that very similar score- i saw the same on TVFR's cut off being 89.0 avg on the 70/30 score. so im assuming this will be the same. try and get that HR up to an 88-90 and youll be golden. that seems to be threshold for the last couple callbacks from national and last years (2011) Bates test.

Forum Member

Cbar-

I think TVF&R is pulling scores this week. I believe the scores from the last class were pulled from the 2009 test and as we've seen people are scoring better on this test every year, I've heard of people scoring upwards of 96%, which was unheard of 3 years ago...hope it works out for you but I agree with J2, might be close.

KTF
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PNW-206 View Post
    Cbar-

I think TVF&R is pulling scores this week. I believe the scores from the last class were pulled from the 2009 test and as we've seen people are scoring better on this test every year, I've heard of people scoring upwards of 96%, which was unheard of 3 years ago...hope it works out for you but I agree with J2, might be close.
    TVR&R is having a class right now, or maybe they just finished it, that was pulled from the NTN list last year. I was got called in for a interview after some people cancelled. I was at the bottom of the testing with a 89.03 i think 70/30. I think that was there first time pulling from the NTN test. They give preference points to the NTN test making it tough to get a interview. If you get called in for a oral board get ready for 2 oral boards back to back with 24 questions

MembersZone Subscriber

TVF&R would be a great department to work for. I am hoping to get up to the Seattle area to take the NTN and PST tests. As for the two interviews with TVF&R, am I correct to say that its 12 questions per interview?

Forum Member

Anyone get anything from South King County F&R yet? The pre screen is scheduled for next week, not alot of time. The posting closed on the 15th of Oct.
    Thanks for any info.

Forum Member

yeah, I received a phone call. Interviewing 80. Interviews taking place this wed/thur/fri.

Forum Member

Default Skfr

Quote Originally Posted by j2two View Post
    yeah, I received a phone call. Interviewing 80. Interviews taking place this wed/thur/fri.
    Thanks brother, when did you receive the call?

Forum Member

Last Friday mid-afternoon got the call. She stated she had most all times open for the interviews so im hoping i am in the top group. Never know though. Good luck!
    Last edited by j2two; 10-22-2012 at 06:07 PM.

Forum Member

Did you take your test through National Testing or Bates? Do you mind saying what you got?

Forum Member

I took it with both bates and NTN. I got an AVG of 93.X for both (That is using the formula: HR mutiplied by .70 and Mech by .30 then adding the two numbers together). I have no idea what score they pulled. My friend had a great NTN score with a combined 91 and didnt get a call. Maybe they added pref points ontop of the scores so it bump the minimum score up? Its hard to know since no one else i know got a call.

Forum Member

Not sure what they did to decide who they were going to take, cause I have a couple buds with preference points who scored well into the 90's (one scored a 96) and didn't get calls. I'm a vet with combined score of 88, no call. A female colleague of mine scored a combined 85, and she got the call. What is going on with the world? Glad I paid all that money to NTN to not get an interview. Anyone know if they are done with calls?

Forum Member

Pretty sure pref points haven't been applied to scores yet since SKF&R asked applicants to bring dd214's to the interview...besides, the coast guard isn't REALLY military service, is it

This class of 10 will probably be dominated by laid off FF's and/or post 9/11 vets, just a guess. Second hiring grant with potential for more hires down the road to be determined. The "female colleague" is probably in the same boat with everyone else who isn't an unemployed IAFF FF or veteran, just an applicant without federal preference points.

Forum Member

Thanks for your valuable insight DoYourJob re: coast guard not being a branch of service. Displaced firefighters might be getting calls, but i can tell you post 9/11 vets are not being chosen. With an 88, I'm not surprised I didn't get a call, but a combat vet with a 96 who didn't get a call seems jacked. You spend to much time lurking/ creeping peoples profiles and not enough time contributing.

Forum Member

I am sure they are overwhelmed with the amount of people they are needing to contact. I hear they are still contacting people....patience....
    Last edited by NWDREX2; 10-23-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Thread Information