Forum Member

Default Received 1199A but no award notification? How does this work?

New to the world of receiving an AFG grant so hoping for some insight from the Pro's here. I received an 1199A Thursday and then had to print it out and have the bank fill it out and sign and it's in the mail.

Curious if getting the 1199A means we were awarded the grant or are we just still in the running?

From what I could find and have read we have been awarded the grant but I don't want to assume when I'm not 100% sure and it even says in the message this is not an award notification.

Btw, it's a vehicle grant so any help on where to go next if it is an actual award would be great as well. Just want to make sure everything is done correctly.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mach158 View Post
    New to the world of receiving an AFG grant so hoping for some insight from the Pro's here. I received an 1199A Thursday and then had to print it out and have the bank fill it out and sign and it's in the mail.

Curious if getting the 1199A means we were awarded the grant or are we just still in the running?

From what I could find and have read we have been awarded the grant but I don't want to assume when I'm not 100% sure and it even says in the message this is not an award notification.

Btw, it's a vehicle grant so any help on where to go next if it is an actual award would be great as well. Just want to make sure everything is done correctly.
    The 1199A is an excellent indicator of a potential award. It does not guarantee an award, but 99% of the time it results in an award. It could take 2-4 weeks to receive the award email.

You will have to follow your city/town's procurement procedures for purchasing the vehicle. Start with them on the process.

Also read the award documents carefully for AFG requirements for purchasing the vehicle.
    Last edited by onebugle; 01-13-2012 at 07:11 PM.

Forum Member

Does it matter if the form was mailed in or faxed in? When I printed off the 1199A it send to mail it to an address yet when I just checked the message I got in the mail center it said to fax it to a number and keep the original.

Does it matter which way it went or should I have another form filled out and fax it?

I assumed they would both say the same thing as to where to send the document but guess I was wrong. Hoping I didn't mess up or that it matters to much other then perhaps a little longer before they receive it.

Forum Member

Just curious, why would we need to sign and return the 1199A? I don't think we've had to do that in the past.

Forum Member

Is this because we're using the online system, and it was already signed in years past?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mach158 View Post
    Does it matter if the form was mailed in or faxed in? When I printed off the 1199A it send to mail it to an address yet when I just checked the message I got in the mail center it said to fax it to a number and keep the original.

Does it matter which way it went or should I have another form filled out and fax it?

I assumed they would both say the same thing as to where to send the document but guess I was wrong. Hoping I didn't mess up or that it matters to much other then perhaps a little longer before they receive it.
    It should not matter it just takes longer by snail mail.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by echelonff View Post
    Is this because we're using the online system, and it was already signed in years past?
    Something may have chnaged; perhapd your prior bank was bought out or merged with another, your point of contact, or Chief, or Treasurer might have changed and they need to have the people who are signed on for your bank account listed on the new 1199a. Just follow their advice and get er done quick.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Thread Information