Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44
  1. #1
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    238

    Default New Rosenbauer Cab/Chassis

    Wasn't there a thread in this Forum just the other day that contained a "sneak preview" type photo of the new cab that Rosenbauer is getting ready to unveil? Maybe I saw it some other place but I thought it was here. Anybody know?


  2. #2
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    242

    Default

    It was here. Didn't last long. Not sure what happened. U r not going nuts.
    Someone mentioned it resembled a Ferrara. Which it did. I doubt it was thou.

  3. #3
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctxffman View Post
    It was here. Didn't last long. Not sure what happened. U r not going nuts.
    Someone mentioned it resembled a Ferrara. Which it did. I doubt it was thou.
    That's what I thought! Maybe Rosenbauer got upset that a photo leaked out from their production facility prior to the official unveiling. I just got word of an event which I assume is going to be a formal unveiling of the new cab/chassis at the Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, TX in late February.

  4. #4
    Forum Member Fyrtrks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1999
    Location
    Binghamton,N.Y.
    Posts
    265

    Default

    I have a picture and drawing on file for this unit. I didn't take them nor did I acquire them from Rosenbauer. They were passed along. if you want copies of what I have email me.
    Fyrtrks

  5. #5
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeadOff View Post
    That's what I thought! Maybe Rosenbauer got upset that a photo leaked out from their production facility prior to the official unveiling. I just got word of an event which I assume is going to be a formal unveiling of the new cab/chassis at the Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, TX in late February.
    It will be Feb 22nd. I was fortunate enough to get an invitation! Very excited indeed

  6. #6
    Forum Member Rescue101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Bridgton,Me USA
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    I've got a sneak preview. Looks good on paper,I want to see one up close with a creeper

  7. #7
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    238

    Default

    Me too. Guess I'll go down to Texas next month to take a look see. I doubt that we would consider buying one until it's been out in the field for a couple of years or so to work out the bugs.

  8. #8
    Forum Member TOWER412's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Location
    Secaucus,NJ USA
    Posts
    73

    Default

    From my understanding it is a combination of a Ferrara and a Pierce Velocity. Also from what I had read I think on her or somewhere else that as of April you won’t be able to get Rosie's mount on Spartan's now that they have their own chassis.

  9. #9
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    12

    Default

    That's what is being unveiled, the new chassis

  10. #10
    Let's talk fire trucks! BoxAlarm187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TOWER412 View Post
    From my understanding it is a combination of a Ferrara and a Pierce Velocity.
    That's an interesting statement. I'd have to completely disagree with it based on seeing it under construction, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. ;-)

    Also from what I had read I think on her or somewhere else that as of April you won’t be able to get Rosie's mount on Spartan's now that they have their own chassis.
    Correct, there's a separate thread on here about the Spartan/Rosenbauer relationship.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer


    Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

  11. #11
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I've got a sneak preview. Looks good on paper,I want to see one up close with a creeper
    I like your quote stating that you want to see one up close with a creeper. I have watched your comments to the many situations addressed in this forum and for the most part you are right on. I realize that looks means alot to many fire departments throught out the United States. However what is under those looks really count in the performance of the apparatus. When it is all said and done, what is under those looks are the same components that every manufacturer is using in today's market. The most serious problem with today's apparatus is "ELECTRICAL". With the event of Multplex coming into its own, the electrical problems should be resolved almost immediately. So I don't feel its going to take two (2) years to get all the bugs out.

  12. #12
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bryn Athyn, Pa.
    Posts
    1,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by retiredchiefone View Post
    I like your quote stating that you want to see one up close with a creeper. I have watched your comments to the many situations addressed in this forum and for the most part you are right on. I realize that looks means alot to many fire departments throught out the United States. However what is under those looks really count in the performance of the apparatus. When it is all said and done, what is under those looks are the same components that every manufacturer is using in today's market. The most serious problem with today's apparatus is "ELECTRICAL". With the event of Multplex coming into its own, the electrical problems should be resolved almost immediately. So I don't feel its going to take two (2) years to get all the bugs out.
    I'm not sure that I'm ready to buy in on it taking Rosie less than two years to get the bugs out. Granted, they are using the same drivetrain components and for the most part, the same pumps. But those components and the chassis that they are put into have to be engineered, then assembled. That's where problems can and most likely will occur. So I go along with R101 on this one.

  13. #13
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    55

    Default Amen to that

    Quote Originally Posted by chiefengineer11 View Post
    I'm not sure that I'm ready to buy in on it taking Rosie less than two years to get the bugs out. Granted, they are using the same drivetrain components and for the most part, the same pumps. But those components and the chassis that they are put into have to be engineered, then assembled. That's where problems can and most likely will occur. So I go along with R101 on this one.
    IMHO if your committe dosn't have a creeper, measuring tapes, real camera (not a cell phone), a checklist standard for every visit. You don't have an apparatus committee - you have a junket.

    Also in my day we left a questionaire with the driver & wrench to fill out and mail to us.

    They gotta last twenty years + take your time deciding.

  14. #14
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    55

    Default

    BTW rumor is that Rosie is selling ladders in China and the cab for the Rosie frame comes from China to bolt on in Minnesota.

  15. #15
    Forum Member SFD_E73_RET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    KC area
    Posts
    301

    Default

    Looks like it's got some "Furion" in it

  16. #16
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fyrtrks View Post
    I have a picture and drawing on file for this unit. I didn't take them nor did I acquire them from Rosenbauer. They were passed along. if you want copies of what I have email me.
    Can you share as well?

    Lyndond@gmail.com

  17. #17
    Forum Member Rescue101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Bridgton,Me USA
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Oh,I've got the paperwork on that too,and it ISN'T pretty.

  18. #18
    Forum Member Rescue101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Bridgton,Me USA
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    RC1,In my 44 years here we bought a couple UNDERspecced rigs. While neither ever caused us any BIG problems in their time here,we were LUCKY. Both were bought for pure $ reasons with NO thought to the consequences of having drivelines too small for their intended purpose. That does NOT happen anymore, anything we buy will be heavy spec with the biggest brakes I can buy and a bulletproof driveline(or as close as you can get with electronics). One of the underspecced rigs was bought as a 10 year "stopgap"Engine in 1978. It retired from service on august 14,2009. That's why we plan on 15,know it will be at least 20 and BUILD them for 30 year service life. T.C.

  19. #19
    MembersZone Subscriber npfd801's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Somewhere in Illinois
    Posts
    2,216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by getasupply View Post
    BTW rumor is that Rosie is selling ladders in China and the cab for the Rosie frame comes from China to bolt on in Minnesota.
    Pretty confident that the same folks that built HME and Spartan's cabs are building the Rosenbauer cab, Marion...
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

  20. #20
    Let's talk fire trucks! BoxAlarm187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by npfd801 View Post
    Pretty confident that the same folks that built HME and Spartan's cabs are building the Rosenbauer cab, Marion...
    That's correct...
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer


    Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Rosenbauer Chassis?
    By captainchaos in forum Apparatus Innovation
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-25-2013, 12:33 PM
  2. International Chassis vs GMC Chassis Ambulance
    By jsbuzz in forum Apparatus Innovation
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-17-2008, 10:48 PM
  3. Rosenbauer
    By 10House in forum Apparatus Innovation
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 02-24-2008, 09:49 PM
  4. Rosenbauer like ALF??
    By buckdog in forum Apparatus Innovation
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-04-2006, 08:40 AM
  5. Central States Spartan Cab & Chassis vs HME Cab & Chassis
    By AsstEngineer292 in forum Apparatus Innovation
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-09-2005, 07:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts