Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Forum Member

Default New Rosenbauer Cab/Chassis

Wasn't there a thread in this Forum just the other day that contained a "sneak preview" type photo of the new cab that Rosenbauer is getting ready to unveil? Maybe I saw it some other place but I thought it was here. Anybody know?

Forum Member

It was here. Didn't last long. Not sure what happened. U r not going nuts.
    Someone mentioned it resembled a Ferrara. Which it did. I doubt it was thou.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ctxffman View Post
    It was here. Didn't last long. Not sure what happened. U r not going nuts.
    Someone mentioned it resembled a Ferrara. Which it did. I doubt it was thou.
    That's what I thought! Maybe Rosenbauer got upset that a photo leaked out from their production facility prior to the official unveiling. I just got word of an event which I assume is going to be a formal unveiling of the new cab/chassis at the Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, TX in late February.

I have a picture and drawing on file for this unit. I didn't take them nor did I acquire them from Rosenbauer. They were passed along. if you want copies of what I have email me.
    Fyrtrks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LeadOff View Post
    That's what I thought! Maybe Rosenbauer got upset that a photo leaked out from their production facility prior to the official unveiling. I just got word of an event which I assume is going to be a formal unveiling of the new cab/chassis at the Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, TX in late February.
    It will be Feb 22nd. I was fortunate enough to get an invitation! Very excited indeed

I've got a sneak preview. Looks good on paper,I want to see one up close with a creeper

Forum Member

Me too. Guess I'll go down to Texas next month to take a look see. I doubt that we would consider buying one until it's been out in the field for a couple of years or so to work out the bugs.

From my understanding it is a combination of a Ferrara and a Pierce Velocity. Also from what I had read I think on her or somewhere else that as of April you won’t be able to get Rosie's mount on Spartan's now that they have their own chassis.

Forum Member

That's what is being unveiled, the new chassis

Let's talk fire trucks! BoxAlarm187's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TOWER412 View Post
    From my understanding it is a combination of a Ferrara and a Pierce Velocity.
    That's an interesting statement. I'd have to completely disagree with it based on seeing it under construction, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. ;-)

Also from what I had read I think on her or somewhere else that as of April you won’t be able to get Rosie's mount on Spartan's now that they have their own chassis.
    Correct, there's a separate thread on here about the Spartan/Rosenbauer relationship.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I've got a sneak preview. Looks good on paper,I want to see one up close with a creeper
    I like your quote stating that you want to see one up close with a creeper. I have watched your comments to the many situations addressed in this forum and for the most part you are right on. I realize that looks means alot to many fire departments throught out the United States. However what is under those looks really count in the performance of the apparatus. When it is all said and done, what is under those looks are the same components that every manufacturer is using in today's market. The most serious problem with today's apparatus is "ELECTRICAL". With the event of Multplex coming into its own, the electrical problems should be resolved almost immediately. So I don't feel its going to take two (2) years to get all the bugs out.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by retiredchiefone View Post
    I like your quote stating that you want to see one up close with a creeper. I have watched your comments to the many situations addressed in this forum and for the most part you are right on. I realize that looks means alot to many fire departments throught out the United States. However what is under those looks really count in the performance of the apparatus. When it is all said and done, what is under those looks are the same components that every manufacturer is using in today's market. The most serious problem with today's apparatus is "ELECTRICAL". With the event of Multplex coming into its own, the electrical problems should be resolved almost immediately. So I don't feel its going to take two (2) years to get all the bugs out.
    I'm not sure that I'm ready to buy in on it taking Rosie less than two years to get the bugs out. Granted, they are using the same drivetrain components and for the most part, the same pumps. But those components and the chassis that they are put into have to be engineered, then assembled. That's where problems can and most likely will occur. So I go along with R101 on this one.

Forum Member

Default Amen to that

Quote Originally Posted by chiefengineer11 View Post
    I'm not sure that I'm ready to buy in on it taking Rosie less than two years to get the bugs out. Granted, they are using the same drivetrain components and for the most part, the same pumps. But those components and the chassis that they are put into have to be engineered, then assembled. That's where problems can and most likely will occur. So I go along with R101 on this one.
    IMHO if your committe dosn't have a creeper, measuring tapes, real camera (not a cell phone), a checklist standard for every visit. You don't have an apparatus committee - you have a junket.

Also in my day we left a questionaire with the driver & wrench to fill out and mail to us.

They gotta last twenty years + take your time deciding.

Forum Member

BTW rumor is that Rosie is selling ladders in China and the cab for the Rosie frame comes from China to bolt on in Minnesota.

Looks like it's got some "Furion" in it

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrtrks View Post
    I have a picture and drawing on file for this unit. I didn't take them nor did I acquire them from Rosenbauer. They were passed along. if you want copies of what I have email me.
    Can you share as well?

Lyndond@gmail.com

Oh,I've got the paperwork on that too,and it ISN'T pretty.

RC1,In my 44 years here we bought a couple UNDERspecced rigs. While neither ever caused us any BIG problems in their time here,we were LUCKY. Both were bought for pure $ reasons with NO thought to the consequences of having drivelines too small for their intended purpose. That does NOT happen anymore, anything we buy will be heavy spec with the biggest brakes I can buy and a bulletproof driveline(or as close as you can get with electronics). One of the underspecced rigs was bought as a 10 year "stopgap"Engine in 1978. It retired from service on august 14,2009. That's why we plan on 15,know it will be at least 20 and BUILD them for 30 year service life. T.C.

Quote Originally Posted by getasupply View Post
    BTW rumor is that Rosie is selling ladders in China and the cab for the Rosie frame comes from China to bolt on in Minnesota.
    Pretty confident that the same folks that built HME and Spartan's cabs are building the Rosenbauer cab, Marion...
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Let's talk fire trucks! BoxAlarm187's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by npfd801 View Post
    Pretty confident that the same folks that built HME and Spartan's cabs are building the Rosenbauer cab, Marion...
    That's correct...
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Thread Information