Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Dallas Fire-Rescue 2012!

Forum Member

thanks, im local.
    she also told me 200 left in the run.

Forum Member

Had my interview today. I guess I've done everything that can be done at this point. Time to wait! They said at least four more weeks of interviewing before any decisions will be made. Good luck to everyone that is still in the running, may the best men/women get the position. No doubt they deserve it

Forum Member

Finally received a phone call for poly & interview today *phew*

Forum Member

@iizshawn awesome!! when are you scheduled for?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Texas817 View Post
    @iizshawn awesome!! when are you scheduled for?
    No date yet, I was doing registrations for my niece and they left me a voicemail, going to call in a few minutes to get a hold of them

Forum Member

Setup for poly on 5 and interview on the 6th
    They called from a 214 area code if you're wondering.

Forum Member

For anyone who hasn't gotten the call for poly or interview, have you checked your status on the governmentjobs.com website? I'm not sure when they update the status', but you might be able to see if it says anything other than eligible. For all I know, it could've said this since the accuplacer was passed, but I thought I'd look to see what mine said after the interview.

Name:  Status.jpg
Views: 989
Size:  6.1 KB

Forum Member

Mine says the same thing. Not sure what it said prior to interview. To be honest, I had forgotten about checking the Dallas city website. Hopefully we will know something towards the end of September!

Forum Member

So is this panel interview the last step? Is their not an interview to follow with the chief?

Forum Member

As far as I know the panel interview is the last step until you get a job offer. After that comes a drug test and fingerprints.

Forum Member

Finally got a call from them yesterday to set up my poly and interview. They said they would be doing them till the end of September. Follow up today with fax numbers for recent employers.

Forum Member

Had panel interview Tuesday. Lasted about an hour and a half. Got a "good job" from one of the panel members at the end so I think it went pretty well. Was told interviews were being done till the middle or end of September and I should be able to call by that time if I was interested about my rank. If you haven't had your interview yet the job questionnaires they send to your past employers can hold up the process. 2 weeks after I gave them fax numbers I got a call back saying they did not receive one for my current employer and I would not be scheduled for an interview until that was received. Gave them my supervisors email, it was filled out and turned in the same day, got a call the next day to schedule the interview. Also I saw a past post about someone asking if people that have taken the interview already had certs. or degrees. I only have my medic and the main certs. that go with it (ACLS, CPR, PALS)
    Last edited by medicx; 08-23-2012 at 01:45 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kcam23 View Post
    For anyone who hasn't gotten the call for poly or interview, have you checked your status on the governmentjobs.com website? I'm not sure when they update the status', but you might be able to see if it says anything other than eligible. For all I know, it could've said this since the accuplacer was passed, but I thought I'd look to see what mine said after the interview.

Attachment 22301
    Status was updated to that after taking the civil service test

Forum Member

Okay. I hadn't checked it since my civil service, so I wasn't sure if it had changed. I was also told to wait until the 15th, and then call to get my rank. I'm not sure which waiting process feels longer; between CPAT to Poly/Interview, or Interview to final rank.

Forum Member

I also heard that they were doing one group of 45 in Oct. and one of 45 in Feb, but does anyone know if that's the highest 45 ranked go in Oct and the rest in Feb?

Forum Member

One more week closer. Hope everyone's interviews have gone well. Is there anyone still waiting to hear for their interview call?

Forum Member

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Kcam23 View Post
    One more week closer. Hope everyone's interviews have gone well. Is there anyone still waiting to hear for their interview call?
    I'm still waiting. Getting kinda nervous. I've called and been assured I'm still in the process but, I know ppl that have have had an interview that took the poly after me. Does anyone know how they rank ppl before the interview?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jasonlee363 View Post
    I'm still waiting. Getting kinda nervous. I've called and been assured I'm still in the process but, I know ppl that have have had an interview that took the poly after me. Does anyone know how they rank ppl before the interview?
    I heard that a lot of the hold ups were due to employers not returning the faxed forms. You may check with your current and previous employers, to make sure they've sent that in. That would suck if they caused you to miss the opportunity. Or, if you call DFD, ask them if they have received all of the info needed from employers.

Forum Member

How has everyone interviews been going? Getting down to the end.

Forum Member

This may be a little early in the game but I know that some of you coming from out of town may be looking for a place to live once class starts in October. I was hired on the department during the last recruitment and will have a room opening up at the beginning of the month - The Reserve at White Rock. Nice apartments only 10 min from the academy. About 10 or so of us now live here from classes that recently graduated. Rent would be $425 (+ utilities, cable/internet). Usually comes out to $500 or so a month with everything. PM if you want any further details and I can get you my contact information. Good luck to those of you left in the process. This is without a doubt, the best job in the world!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by shmanky808 View Post
    This may be a little early in the game but I know that some of you coming from out of town may be looking for a place to live . . . . .This is without a doubt, the best job in the world!

I'm married, and the offer doesn't apply to me, but I'd bet that no one is willing to contact you. Call it superstition, bad ju ju, who knows...but it'd be foolish for someone to assume they already have spot, before any rankings are posted.
    On a separate note, that's a pretty good offer.

Forum Member

Had my interview 8/30.
    I feel it went well.
    According to the interview panel:
    - 280 still in the process.
    - Class of 50 people in October.
    - Class of 40 people in April.
    - Your rank after interviews determines which Academy you're placed in . (1-50 Oct. , 51-90 Apr.)

Good luck to everyone.

Forum Member

So does that mean the rest who don't make the April cut would start the whole process over or are they on any list anywhere?
    Quote Originally Posted by xsheenx View Post
    Had my interview 8/30.
    I feel it went well.
    According to the interview panel:
    - 280 still in the process.
    - Class of 50 people in October.
    - Class of 40 people in April.
    - Your rank after interviews determines which Academy you're placed in . (1-50 Oct. , 51-90 Apr.)

Good luck to everyone.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheHulk86 View Post
    So does that mean the rest who don't make the April cut would start the whole process over or are they on any list anywhere?
    I was told that they may or may not extend the list as they see fit. I don't know anynore about it.

Forum Member

I wonder when we can call to get our ranking?

Thread Information