Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Dallas Fire-Rescue 2012!

Forum Member

Jcamo--I had a lady that did my poly. Very polite and told me I had passed and wished me goodluck.

Forum Member

Congrats for those who got the call! Im still waiting, sure would be nice to see that 214 number call today Best of luck to everyone.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JCamo View Post
    I know this is off the current topic but did anyone else that is currently going through or has previously gone through the hiring process have any issues with the any of the technician that administered the polygraph? I only ask because it has been bothering me ever since I took the polygraph how the technician that performed mine was very unprofessional and in some instances disrespectful and rude.
    I had a guy that gave me a full on interrogation during mine. My anxiety was pretty high during all of it too. Possibly the same guy but I wouldn't let it get to you.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jasonlee363 View Post
    Are you from out of town or local? Do you know of anyone else that received a call?
    I am local, and I know of another local guy that got the call.

Forum Member

I don't understand why they say call on 24th to get ranking but they are a currently calling people. congrats to those that have got it tho. Any fully certified guys with experience get a call? (By that I mean those of us that would be fast-tracked)
    TheHulk86 likes this.

Forum Member

My thought is, they will continue to call over the next week wrapping things up by the end of that week. Seeing as how the following Monday is the 24th, it would make sense to tell everyone to call who hasnt recieved a call. If I dont hear anything by then Im assuming its because I didnt get the job. Your "ranking" is just for personal gratifcation I guess. As unfortunate as it may be, if you rank #91 your out. That being said, who really knows whats going on lol

Forum Member

I asked for my rank when she called, and she said I would get it when I went in for fingerprint/drug test/etc... When I called on the 13th, the first lady I spoke with told me not to call for 2-3 weeks. She said if I didn't get a call soon, that there was still a chance I was in the second class.

Forum Member

Default Got the call

got the call the other day, and was told that they'll keep in touch with me next week for finger prints/drug test/med exam. Also asked them when will they anticipate the academy cause i'll be moving from Ca. (Oct. 10th) but not to give my 2 weeks til all paperwork is signed and exams are processed.

Forum Member

Anyone coming from an out of town area:
    Looking for a few people to possibly rent a house rather than an apartment of possible. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Forum Member

Congrats to all who have gotten the call. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys. @juiceboxmedic I was hoping they would share the academy date soon. The only bad thing about not telling your employer is that you might not have 2 weeks of notice. My company has known about the process for a few months now, so they've been prepared if I was to get the call.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kcam23 View Post
    Congrats to all who have gotten the call. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys. @juiceboxmedic I was hoping they would share the academy date soon. The only bad thing about not telling your employer is that you might not have 2 weeks of notice. My company has known about the process for a few months now, so they've been prepared if I was to get the call.
    Well I already put my last day for the 6th, but my last actual work day is on the 26th. I have family that will be taking me in for the duration of the academy.

Forum Member

Here's to the start of a new week of phone calls! Good luck to everyone.

Is anyone going to be driving from the South Fort Worth area? I'm looking to see if anyone might be interested in saving a little gas and ride-sharing to academy? You can PM me if so.

GO COWBOYS!!!
    slickphilj likes this.

Forum Member

@juiceboxmedic Do you have your fire and medic certs?

Forum Member

@jasonlee363 I my medic cert

Forum Member

@kcam23 I live in south fort worth, but I need to get that phone call first lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Texas817 View Post
    @kcam23 I live in south fort worth, but I need to get that phone call first lol
    Awesome. Hang in there. Keep us updated.

Forum Member

Interviewed about a month ago. Everything went very well, in my opinion. With that said, I'm still waiting on the call. Nervous to say the least.

Forum Member

Gentlemen,
    I received a call last Thursday and they said that I was through the process and hired. They stated that they will be contacting in a few weeks for fingerprinting and drug screening. I am waiting to notify my work until after that process. Good Luck to those that have not gotten the call. I will pray for you all. With that said is there anyone driving from the Mckinney, Allen, Addison, Frisco area that would be interested in car pooling? Please let me know.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TALONLB32 View Post
    Gentlemen,
    I received a call last Thursday and they said that I was through the process and hired. They stated that they will be contacting in a few weeks for fingerprinting and drug screening. I am waiting to notify my work until after that process. Good Luck to those that have not gotten the call. I will pray for you all. With that said is there anyone driving from the Mckinney, Allen, Addison, Frisco area that would be interested in car pooling? Please let me know.
    Congrats on the Call. Can't wait to get started.

Forum Member

I am still waiting on THE call. I called the dept this morning and was told to call back on Monday, 24th. The lady wouldn't even tell me if they were still contacting applicants. Let me know if anyone knows any additional information! The wait is killing me.

Forum Member

It takes a decent amount of time to call 90 people (or 50 for the upcoming academy). Atleast that is how I'm justifying no call yet...haha.

Quote Originally Posted by TALONLB32 View Post
    Gentlemen,

Forum Member

Default dfd

i called this morning they said to call back on the 24th for ranking list. I asked if they are still calling people for the academy she didn't know or wouldn't say... I assume if we are not called by friday and have to wait for list probably not hired. Still hoping to get a call though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by slickphilj View Post
    i called this morning they said to call back on the 24th for ranking list. I asked if they are still calling people for the academy she didn't know or wouldn't say... I assume if we are not called by friday and have to wait for list probably not hired. Still hoping to get a call though.
    That may not be entirely true. When I called, they told me not to call back, and if I didn't hear from them, it either meant I was in the Feb. class or not in. I'm assuming they're calling all of the Oct class, and then the Feb class. Either way, everyone will know by the 24th.

Forum Member

Just got my call to set up my time for my fingerprint, physical, etc... Has anyone else received their big call for the academy?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kcam23 View Post
    Just got my call to set up my time for my fingerprint, physical, etc... Has anyone else received their big call for the academy?
    So that's your second call from DFD?

Thread Information