Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Dallas Fire-Rescue 2012!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Delson View Post
    So that's your second call from DFD?
    Yes. I got my call to let me know I was in on the 13th, and got my second call today.

Forum Member

this thread is depressing now

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kcam23 View Post
    Yes. I got my call to let me know I was in on the 13th, and got my second call today.
    Okay. Any word on when te academy might actually start in October? Have your received a packet in the mail yet? I too received a call on the 13th.

Forum Member

Anyone get a "ur hired" call today?

Anyone that would be fast tracked get a call yet?

Forum Member

I had my interview on Friday the 14th. Its looking like early interview takers are getting called first. So far Delson, Kcam23, Kcam23's friend, TALONLB32, and juiceboxmedic are in. While I was waiting for my interview, I over heard some one else getting "the call". Thats 6 people out of the 90 that DFD is looking to hire. Only 84 positions left. God speed everyone!

Forum Member

Default dfd

I had my interview in sept. on the 28th. no call today, so depressing. anyone know how many people got interviewed?

Forum Member

I received my second call today to set up my Fingerprinting and Physical. I go in this Thursday at 8:00am. Anyone else going to be there at that time and date?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TALONLB32 View Post
    I received my second call today to set up my Fingerprinting and Physical. I go in this Thursday at 8:00am. Anyone else going to be there at that time and date?
    Since there are two classes with one later, might be trying to focus on getting the oct class together first

Forum Member

I hope so man. Im curious about us fast track guys. Wonder when we will start.

Forum Member

Does anyone know what the physical consist of?

Forum Member

Any of you guys who got your call from out of town? When did you interview?

Forum Member

Congrats to everyone who's gotten the call. Hopefully there's some action today. For the guys who are in, did your status change to "hired" on the city's job page?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by locolobo View Post
    Congrats to everyone who's gotten the call. Hopefully there's some action today. For the guys who are in, did your status change to "hired" on the city's job page?
    I checked mine just a few minutes ago, and it still shows the "placed on eligible list" status. I don't think it would changes until you sign a contract with the city. Which I don't think a contract will be offered until you pass the physical, background, fingerprint, etc... I'm not positive on that, but that's just my opinion.

Forum Member

Hey Guys,

I received my first call on Thursday as well and signed for my fingerprint and physical today. I will be moving down from Colorado the first week of Oct. I was told that this first academy will start on Oct. 10th with 60 guys. I was wondering if anyone else was moving from out of town or lived in town and needed or wanted a roommate. Thanks and good luck guys.

Also, what web site are you finding where it says if you are eligible for hire and/or hired
    Last edited by Sizzle; 09-18-2012 at 04:18 PM.

Forum Member

I interviewed at the end of august and just received my call on thursday.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle View Post
    Hey Guys,

I received my first call on Thursday as well and signed for my fingerprint and physical today. . . . Thanks and good luck guys.

Also, what web site are you finding where it says if you are eligible for hire and/or hired
    Congrats and welcome to Texas. What all did they do for the physical? As for the website, it's www.governmentjobs.com. The same site that we applied on.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle View Post
    Hey Guys,

I received my first call on Thursday as well and signed for my fingerprint and physical today. I will be moving down from Colorado the first week of Oct. I was told that this first academy will start on Oct. 10th with 60 guys. I was wondering if anyone else was moving from out of town or lived in town and needed or wanted a roommate. Thanks and good luck guys.

Im looking to move out around the 3rd. Turn your private message option on in settings.. Shoot me a pm of you're looking for a place. I'm looking for some academy guys to rent with. Shoot me a message

Forum Member

For those who had later interview dates, are ya'll going to call on the 24th? Also, is DFD hiring 50 for the 1st academy or 60? Any updated info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! God speed!

Forum Member

It sure has been quiet the past couple of days. Calm before the storm? Hopefully a hiring storm for the March guys, ha! Has anyone else heard of anyone that recieved a call outside of the forum?

Forum Member

Hopefully, the October guys are still getting calls, novasdaddy

Forum Member

Had my physical and fingerprinting today. Everything went pretty well, but make sure you don't plan anything for the day that you go. The wait at CareNow was extremely long. 2-2.5 hours. Over all I spent 5-6 hours doing just that. I met quite a few other applicants, and it was cool to BS. As for the Academy date, it is confirmed as Oct. 10th.

Forum Member

I was looking at past threads for Dallas hiring and I did find some pretty interesting stuff. Apparently all of our final rankings are based solely on the score we were given during our interview. So regardless of all your test scores, certifications, degree, military experience or even if you are mayor’s nephew, the only thing that now matters is what the interview panel had to say.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kcam23 View Post
    Had my physical and fingerprinting today. Everything went pretty well, but make sure you don't plan anything for the day that you go. The wait at CareNow was extremely long. 2-2.5 hours. Over all I spent 5-6 hours doing just that. I met quite a few other applicants, and it was cool to BS. As for the Academy date, it is confirmed as Oct. 10th.
    So how long was the physical itself if you were there for 5 hours. It is a pretty intense check up?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JCamo View Post
    I was looking at past threads for Dallas hiring and I did find some pretty interesting stuff. Apparently all of our final rankings are based solely on the score we were given during our interview. So regardless of all your test scores, certifications, degree, military experience or even if you are mayor’s nephew, the only thing that now matters is what the interview panel had to say.
    Are you serious. Nothing else matters?

Forum Member

If you look at the 2011 thread starting around page 50, I think, it is mentioned a few times.

Thread Information