Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Dallas Fire-Rescue 2012!

Forum Member

Ranked #112

Not where I wanted to be, but I'm still holdin out some hope for the spring class.

According to recruiting , 60 for academy in October.
    30 in April. Hiring list is good until April 2013.

Forum Member

I made the cut guys #78. Congrats to everyone who made it, and to those who have not never give up!!!

Forum Member

For those who didn't make the cut, did they give you a number still? I'm about to call, just wanted a heads up. Lil nervous 😁

Forum Member

Got my ranking this morning. I am #111 so this is the end for me this year. Oh well there is always next year.

Forum Member

Hey guys,

What number are ya'll calling? I can't seem to get through to anybody. Thanks.

Seth

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Texas817 View Post
    I made the cut guys #78. Congrats to everyone who made it, and to those who have not never give up!!!
    Congrats Texas817. PM me if you're still interested in doing a carpool to Academy. (Did they tell you Oct. Academy?)

For all the guys that didn't make it, keep your heads up. You made it through a rigorous process, and should be proud.
    blakerollins likes this.

Forum Member

yes im #78, she said 60 in octorber, 30 next year. message me your email. Id like to get some tips before I start academy

Forum Member

I got ranked 91, FML. Im hoping that maybe the 60-90 there will be an opening with someone not being able to go, but man...one effing spot

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutsOut14Nov View Post
    I got ranked 91, FML. Im hoping that maybe the 60-90 there will be an opening with someone not being able to go, but man...one effing spot
    I would bet that between now and March, someone will drop or not be able to attend. If you read last year's thread, there were guys that had this happen.
    blakerollins likes this.

Forum Member

It's crazy. I've been all depressed thinking that last Friday was the end of it all and everybody had gotten their call but I called this morning and to my surprise I was told I was #79. I couldn't believe it. I'm so looking forward to this. I will be running like crazy from now on just to make sure I'm in my best shape once I get into the academy. Congrats to all who were able to get in and I hope the best for those who didn't.

Forum Member

Does anyone know if DFD will have sub-rookies for this recruitment phase? Also, does anyone know how many dropped out from last years academies? Thanks in advance.

Forum Member

Well, Im out for now. Ranked in the 90's. Lady on the phone said I was in "good position" for the spring academy, fwiw. Hopefully there will be some good news down the road. Congrats to all of you who made the initial cut.

Forum Member

Looks like time has come for me to move on. Didn't make top 90. Gotta keep head up. Long process. Congrats to all.

Forum Member

Hey Everybody, been following this forum since the beginning as a guest!! Its been a grueling, exciting and long process!!!! First I would like to congratulate everyone that made the cut, and all the ones that didnt u guys keep ur head high and there is always a next year. Never give up. As for me I decided that if i made the cut I will join the forum. So I called yesterday and the lady told me that my rank is # 85, so I am guessing tha'ts March Academy. I am really excited to meet everybody and start a great and fulfilling career One problem though I havent worked out in 4 months!!! So now I have to hit the gym and whopp myself back into shape. I was wondering if there is anybody that got their ranks from 61 to 90, aka March guys, that would like to start a program and work out together!!! I live in Addisson and I my membership is with L.A Fitness.

Forum Member

I'd be willing to be that 4 months is the short end for some people who are going in to the Academy. You're thinking correctly though, in wanting to get started now. Congrats on the great news.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dctalk523 View Post
    Does anyone know if DFD will have sub-rookies for this recruitment phase? Also, does anyone know how many dropped out from last years academies? Thanks in advance.
    It wasn't that many. The class I watched only had one drop and two that have to go back through emt

CV7
    Forum Member

Hey Everyone, i'm also new to the thread but i've been following from close to the beginning. Congrats to everone who made it and let's get ready for a one of a kind career. To those who didn't, keep up the hard work and don't give up. I live in Fort Worth and I made the Oct. cut so I was wondering if anyone else from this area made it and would like to try to set up a carpool to save us some gas money. If anyone is interested PM me or just hit me up on the thread. Goodluck to everyone and prayers to the Burcie family and friends.
    Last edited by CV7; 09-25-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Forum Member

Have any of you guys in April's class hear anything yet?

Forum Member

put a job interest card into Fort Worth, they should be taking apps in the near future

http://fortworthtexas.gov/hr/FireRecruitment/

also if you do not have any or enough certs get them!!!

texas has plenty openings

http://www.tcfp.texas.gov/job_postings/jobs.asp

Forum Member

Anyone from the October class know when they're supposed to be calling about getting our gear and uniforms?

CV7
    Forum Member

Hey Kcam23, I was wondering the same thing. I think it's once your background and DT come back they call you. I just received my call this morning to get fitted and pick up so i'm sure if you havn't been called yet it'll happen pretty soon. Good luck and let me know when you get the call.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CV7 View Post
    Hey Kcam23, I was wondering the same thing. I think it's once your background and DT come back they call you. I just received my call this morning to get fitted and pick up so i'm sure if you havn't been called yet it'll happen pretty soon. Good luck and let me know when you get the call.
    Got the same call this morning. Oct. 10th will be here before we know it. I can't wait to get started.

Has anyone else gotten the call for Oct. or March class? Congrats to everyone who got the call, and hopefully the ones who didn't, try again. One year ago, they hired around 200, so the next big class could be just around the corner. Keep your heads up and keep pushing.

Forum Member

anyone know what it takes to be the driver engineer? long time dream has always been to drive the engine

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Texas817 View Post
    anyone know what it takes to be the driver engineer? long time dream has always been to drive the engine
    Dallas. Quite a few years on the job

Forum Member

Does anyone know if the current recruitment list will be extended? Thanks in advance.

Thread Information