Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Dallas Fire-Rescue 2012!

Forum Member

Hey March Guys, I was Looking through the thread and I only see 3 that made the (61-90) cut.
    Texas817 #78
    Sam88 #79
    Me # 85.
    Is there any more guys from March that is on this thread, just wondering, who is local who is not. The reason is it would be nice if we can get as much of us as possible so we can may be exchange info, or meet, and get to know each other. U know being in the same class and all.
    So if anybody else would like to post their rank, or know anybody in March class, we can get together, even work out together if possible.
    Just a thought though. Good luck to everyone.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fire49 View Post
    Dallas. Quite a few years on the job

You can drive the engine at any rank. Driving is one of the first skills learned in the academy.
    Texas817 likes this.

Forum Member

Yea I think it would be a good idea to meet up or something. I live in Irving so hopefully you guys are pretty close.

Forum Member

Im in, I live in south fort worth.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Burke714 View Post
    You can drive the engine at any rank. Driving is one of the first skills learned in the academy.
    Forgot you are correct, you do drive in the academy

I meant when you get to the fire station day to day

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fire49 View Post
    Forgot you are correct, you do drive in the academy

I meant when you get to the fire station day to day
    You can drive after 10 shifts. As of right now....

Forum Member

Also, if anyone is looking for a place we have an open room. We live in Dallas. Right by whiterock lake. Cool place. Real close to academy. Rent is around 425 plus utilities. Usually like 120ish. Let me know.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by upallday View Post
    You can drive after 10 shifts. As of right now....
    Thank you for the correction

Interesting

Forum Member

Alright, Sam88, and Texas817, I have my private messeging on right now, go ahead and open yours guys and send me ur numbers or emails whichever u like. I live in Addison by the way. But we still should meet, and if u know anybody else that wanna be a part of this, it would be great. The more we are to get to know each other the better

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by upallday View Post
    Also, if anyone is looking for a place we have an open room. We live in Dallas. Right by whiterock lake. Cool place. Real close to academy. Rent is around 425 plus utilities. Usually like 120ish. Let me know.
    If you move in with upallday you also get access to his neighbor's ping pong table!

Forum Member

Got all of my gear today, and got to meet a few classmates. Made it a little more real getting all my uniforms, bunkers, and the everything else. 7 days guys. For anyone who is picking up your gear tomorrow, make sure you allow a few hours. It takes a while.

Forum Member

Heads up to Oct recruits: There should be an email sent to you with two attachments that you'll need before the 10th. One is a "New Employee Setup Form", and the other is a supply list of items you'll need for the Academy. It's a pretty large list of items, so you might want to get started soon.

Forum Member

anyone setting at the training center to day, so they are not late tomorrow????

Forum Member

Well I have a bit of a funny story. When I called to get my rank I was told I was #244. Needless to say, this was a bit of a bummer. However, a gentleman called me today regarding transcripts and said I was on the list for the March class. What?! Apparently, I ranked #86. Not sure what the mix up was but I couldn't be happier right now!!!
    Brockrocks and iizshawn like this.

Forum Member

great news!!! I have not heard anything from them. You have any clue when academy starts?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Texas817 View Post
    great news!!! I have not heard anything from them. You have any clue when academy starts?
    I would probably still be in the dark had I turned in the correct documents lol. I asked him three different times if he had the right guy. I even called the recruiting office to confirm my rank. Still doesn't seem real, I had already accepted that I just didn't cut it. No word on a start date.

Forum Member

Does anybody know if people have declined their offer? I was told i'm ranked #100 so i'm still holding out hope somehow they'll make it to me. Hope everything is going well with everybody in the october class.

Forum Member

I'm sitting @ 103, but after reading Novasdaddy story, I'm going to call the recruiting office again to double check my ranking. I hope DFR decides to extend the hiring list or folks decide to decline their offer. God speed.

Forum Member

Plus some may not pass med or other

And with the period of time some may get hired by other depts

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dctalk523 View Post
    I'm sitting @ 103, but after reading Novasdaddy story, I'm going to call the recruiting office again to double check my ranking. I hope DFR decides to extend the hiring list or folks decide to decline their offer. God speed.
    I just called and she told me I'm #99. So I guess somehow I moved up one spot.

Forum Member

I got the call for transcripts as well, I asked since I was 91, why they needed them. He said that they are contacting the next 10 ranked in case of dropouts, he also said there have been 2-3 dropouts thus far. Not sure what this means for me or the rest of us, but its looking up.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nickt2447 View Post
    I just called and she told me I'm #99. So I guess somehow I moved up one spot.
    I called the recruiting office today and found out I moved one spot. Sitting @ 102. God speed.

Forum Member

I called yesterday to triple check that I was in fact, on the list for the March class. She said the office is relocating to Dolphin St. (I'm assuming she was referring to the academy) and that I should be getting a call in a couple weeks. Good luck to those of you on the edge of getting hired. A lot can happen between now and March! If any of the guys in the current, October class still check this forum I would really like to hear how the academy is going for you. Thanks One more note, I found a really great video on Youtube made by one of the recruits from class 306. Here's the link, http://youtu.be/GhTP-BjQG9c

Forum Member

I just wanted to throw this out there. A few of us that will be starting in March met up today to introduce ourselves. If there is anyone else that has been following this forum that was in the 61-90 rank, feel free to shoot me an email. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we would love to meet you prior to the beginning of the academy. Just let me know.

Forum Member

Has anyone from the March class heard anything?

Thread Information