Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Dallas Fire-Rescue 2012!

Forum Member

Forum Member

The academy has been awesome. I'm glad to be working and doing something that I enjoy waking up for every day. I've made some good friends, and learned a lot. We just finished EMT school, and that was pretty cool. We go back to the academy on the 22nd, so we'll be seeing y'all around.
    Novasdaddy likes this.

Forum Member

Have any of you made plans for March class guys to meet up before academy starts?

Forum Member

Well, 314 guys, looks like we'll be seeing y'all in just a few days. I know it may seem like it took forever to get here, but it will fly by so fast. Our first day back from EMT is tomorrow, and it's hard to believe we only have 2 months left. Make sure you work your tails off when it's time to work, but have a blast when you can. If any of you have any last minute questions before you start on the 27th, feel free to ask me on this thread, or in a PM. I'll make sure I check this every day. KCCO and see ya' soon.

Forum Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by FirefighterfromTexas

Is DFD still sending everyone hired to get their paramedic? If not how is this affecting the rotation on the rescue units for those that are coming in with a paramedic card, or are already working for DFD?
    Everyone who gets hired must complete paramedic training and certification/licensure as a condition of employment.

If you are already a paramedic, you must still jump through all the hoops as a newly-trained, yet awaiting certification firefighter with the exception of attending the entire paramedic training program. You must still complete a bridge course, protocol exam, hospital internship, and paramedic internship (as a third person on an MICU).

Depending on how you perform in the bridge program, the department reserves the right to send you through the entire program just as a new person off the street would have to attend. History has shown that alot of folks who get hired and are already have their paramedic certification bring with them habits that are counter to the way DFD wants things done.

Good, bad, or indifferent - that's just the way Dallas does it.

# 561

http://www.firehouse.com/forums/t123597-29/ (Dallas Fire-Rescue 2012!)

Forum Member

Hello everyone. Just wanted to get on here and sort of introduce myself I guess. I ranked #37 on the new list and have my physical this upcoming Tuesday (10/14/14). It looks like if all goes well I'll be in the November Academy. I'm coming from out of state and will be in town Sunday evening through Tuesday afternoon (10/12-10/14). If anybody is open to or looking for a room mate I'll be looking for a place to stay while in academy. I've noticed quite a few people stay at the Reserve at White Rock so I'll be checking that place out along with a few others on Monday but I wanted to see if there is anyone on the department (new recruit or not) looking for someone to split the rent with. Feel free to PM me and maybe we can meet up in a few days. Congratulations to all who've made it through and good luck to any new recruits currently going through the process! Any tips or advice on the upcoming process are greatly appreciated as well.

Thread Information