Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1522232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Dallas Fire-Rescue 2012!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HB_Dude View Post
    hey guys to answer the question of where you ranked you can call the DFD number and talk to Ms. Eldridge she has all the info. I just got the call on Monday so two days ago. I don't see how the rank matter though, just that we all got in!!!!!! I'm so stoked. I'm moving the first week in OCT from Huntington Beach Ca. Can't wait to meet everyone and start our careers! I am so pumped!
    Huntington beach!!!!

Boy are you in for culture shock
    No beaches
    Mountains
    Deserts
    Welcome to Texas

From ex San diegoian

Cheaper to live here!!!!!!!!!

Forum Member

Any certified guys get "the call"? Those that that would be fast tracked I mean?

Wow. That's crazy. Guess since I haven't heard yet. I didn't interview as well as I had hoped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcam23 View Post
    That's what my interview panel told me too. They explained it that every step was just a qualifier for the interview, and the interview was the end-all be-all.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheHulk86 View Post
    Wow. That's crazy. Guess since I haven't heard yet. I didn't interview as well as I had hoped.
    Hulk, I wouldn't count yourself out yet. Stay optimistic . Call Ms. Eldridge, you may be lined up for the March class. If not, you still never know how far they may make it down the list come March

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HB_Dude View Post
    hey guys to answer the question of where you ranked you can call the DFD number and talk to Ms. Eldridge she has all the info. I just got the call on Monday so two days ago. I don't see how the rank matter though, just that we all got in!!!!!! I'm so stoked. I'm moving the first week in OCT from Huntington Beach Ca. Can't wait to meet everyone and start our careers! I am so pumped!
    Hey, I'm Moving from mission viejo, Ca. Wondering if any out of state guys want to get a place. Im driving out on the 3rd.

Turn on your private message ability. Shoot me a message if anyone is interested.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Firebing View Post
    Any certified guys get "the call"? Those that that would be fast tracked I mean?
    There were quite a few certified guys that were getting their fingerprints, drug tests, and physical with me. They were asking me if I had my certs, because they were curious if the first class was fast track.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kcam23 View Post
    There were quite a few certified guys that were getting their fingerprints, drug tests, and physical with me. They were asking me if I had my certs, because they were curious if the first class was fast track.
    Maybe two classes at once, a fast track and a full academy class

Go back and read the previous class postings

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fire49 View Post
    Maybe two classes at once, a fast track and a full academy class

Go back and read the previous class postings
    That's true. It's very possible.

Forum Member

Has anyone given Ms. Eldridge a call yet today?

Forum Member

I called a while ago for rankings. she said to call back monday. might give it another shot this afternoon

Forum Member

Congratulations for those who have been given an offer! Dallas is one of the best and I'm proud to work here. For people moving out of state check out The Reserve at White Rock, good prices and about ten mins from the academy. Let me know if you need details, I live here and about ten other guys who got hired last year. Here are a few tips for the academy... Clean shaven, be early, take pride in your uniform, work hard- there is always somebody watching, if you're not in shape now don't expect this academy to get you there, you should have been preparing and last work hard and enjoy a great fulfilling career! Good luck! If anybody has questions on anything let me know.

Forum Member

I called the recruitment office today. I was told to call back on Monday the 24th. God speed everyone.

Forum Member

Hey Delson, I'm driving out about that time either the second or third, I will be getting a Uhaul w/ trailer for my car, If you want to "smokey and the bandit it" I am down well East bound and down haha. as for a roomate I found another recruit from reno, I can ask if he is down for one more I am pretty new to this site and dont want to give out personal info either contact DFD for recruit Snow's info or or I will try to message you someway on here. @Fire49 "culture shock" haha love it buddy. I'm ready to dive right in!!!! though I have an advantage I spent my summers in the south as kid and gotta little cowboy in my blood already! I can't wait and Am PUMPED! @the guy who with the reply back at me awaiting his rank to see if he made it, I didn't look at from your point of view, sorry if i offended didn't mean too. For those of you who haven't got the call yet stay positive and keep working keep building and making your self a well rounded canidate. for what its worth I have been testing a very long time, testing is a roller coaster of up's and downs. Stay the course and stay motivated and positve. look at everything for as a chance to improve and make yourself better. Every step is a step forward and up. Do vol. work in the community and live life as if your capt is always watching you. believe me it will help. I was told by this old salty retired fireman "Any job big or small do it right or not as all." I made this my credo. words are words I know but live life through actions. I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here but if it helps someone I would love to pass it on. sorry for the book people.

QUOTE=Delson;1341270]Hey, I'm Moving from mission viejo, Ca. Wondering if any out of state guys want to get a place. Im driving out on the 3rd.

Turn on your private message ability. Shoot me a message if anyone is interested.[/QUOTE]

Forum Member

God speed to everyone waiting for ranks.
    HB_Dude likes this.

Forum Member

are they just going to create a link on the recruiting page to post rankings? anyone know

thanks

Forum Member

@slickphilj I don't think so. This is the first I've heard of that. Everyone else has been told to call today, that hasn't gotten a call.

Today is the day...Good luck to everyone who is calling in to get their rank. Keep us updated.
    Last edited by Kcam23; 09-24-2012 at 10:14 AM.

Forum Member

I just called the recruiting office and got my ranking. I didn't make the cut. With that being sad, this entire recruitment process w/ Dallas was a great learning experience. Yes I'm bummed out, but I'm not going to sulk in it. God speed everyone.

Anybody call and get some info yet?

Forum Member

Alas, my journey has come to its end. I didn't make the cut . Congrats to all those who did! Well deserved Its been a great experience.

Thread Information