Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Dallas Fire-Rescue 2012!

Forum Member

I'm heading out tomorrow morning for the CPAT practice. It will be my first go around so we will see how it goes. I've heard mixed opinions on the level of difficulty involved. No doubt it will be challenging.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Novasdaddy View Post
    I'm heading out tomorrow morning for the CPAT practice. It will be my first go around so we will see how it goes. I've heard mixed opinions on the level of difficulty involved. No doubt it will be challenging.
    Yeah, I'll be there as well.

Forum Member

I am confused.

I checked my application on the Gov't job site and it says that my name is on the eligible list. I pressumed that this meant I had passed the civil exam. However I called the recruiting office yesterday and they said that my application saying this does not mean I have passed the civil exam nessecarrly. Then I received a e-mail this morning with the required forms to move further along in the process. but the e-mail is pretty generic and does not say much.

How do they inform us if we passed or not? The e-mail I received does not say one way or another. So I am not sure if this was sent to everyone or just those that passed the exam.

Please help. I am much too excited to have to wait till Monday.

Forum Member

Do you guys think if I have a valid CPAT card here in CA, I can save myself a trip to TX? Trying to save a little money over here.

Forum Member

I'm guessing if you passed you received the email for the PHS form?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by xsheenx View Post
    Do you guys think if I have a valid CPAT card here in CA, I can save myself a trip to TX? Trying to save a little money over here.
    The question was asked before our test and they said you must take their CPAT.

Forum Member

@ blakerollins

The paper we got at the end of the exam said we would need to submit all the forms and phs by the 20th. And that we would receive our exam results in approx 2 weeks. So in short u will find out after u submit the teadious paperwork.
    Last edited by Firebing; 04-08-2012 at 07:39 AM.

Forum Member

If there is one universal consensus beatween the friends I have spoken with in regards to the hiring process, it's how drawn out it can be. Which is a bummer for the recruits lol. Stay positive and keep working through all the phases. On a similar note, if you haven't been or had the opportunity to partake in CPAT mentoring, I highly recommend it. Not as easy as I anticipated.

Forum Member

Anyone get an official email/notice from civil services on whether you passed the exam? Thanks in advance.

Forum Member

I called hem at about 4:30 and they said they have not sent them out yet to anybody.

Forum Member

Has anyone taken the accuplacer before? I was curious as to the level of difficulty in comparison to the civil service exam. More specifically, in regards to the math section.

Forum Member

Went through all of Dallas's process last year. Didn't take the job for a variety of reasons, but Dallas has a great system in place. The AccuPlacer is a basic math/english test. Check on-line for tutorials and you should do fine. To those who think the process is slow, it is much faster then most. Good luck to all.

Forum Member

Firefightercandidate did u get hired on somewhere else?

Forum Member

@ dctalk533

They said it would be approx 2 weeks from ur test date and you would be notified by mail or email (which ever you selected).

I does suck to have to fill out all the paperwork before you know if you even passed, but hey, its a weed out i guess.

Anyone going to the cpat workout tomo? Ill be there.

Forum Member

@ firebing

Thanks. I do recall the hr representative saying results should take two weeks. The puzzling issue is that my status was changed to "placed on eligible list". I'm sure those who are responding to these posts have the same status as I do. Questions is, why would my status change if I didn't pass the written exam. I don't want to spend money on mailing out my transcripts w/o knowing my official status. Again, thanks!

Forum Member

just in case anyone was wondering..you do not need to have witness signatures. leave em' blank, they will witness all of them per recruiting officer.

Forum Member

I called and asked if it was ok if my friend or wife witnessed and the lady in the recruiting office that was fine also, i hate leaving something blank ya know.

Anyone make it out to mentouring last night? good stuff!, meet alot of cool people, good competition

Forum Member

Yea I usually have a friend or someone like that witness them.

Hey, anyone else here also in the running for fire prevention officer with Dallas? Just curious.

Forum Member

Anyone receive written results yet? I'd think we would at least get them by tomorrow. But if it takes two weeks from test date, it might be as late as the 20th.

Any thoughts?

Forum Member

Still waiting. My only concern is Dallas receiving my college transcripts by the 20th. I really hope we hear something today or Friday.

Forum Member

Was just told they will be sending out notifications on if you passed today at 3:00/3:30 and you can also go to the neogov website and if it says referred then you have passed

Forum Member

Who or where did u hear this from?

Forum Member

Recruiting office

Forum Member

Found out I passed the test.

Forum Member

Passed. They said I would be contacted Monday since I was already a paramedic.

Thread Information