Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Dallas Fire-Rescue 2012!

Forum Member

Hope everyone is doing good on the test. Does anyone have any parking advice? As in where is a good spot and how early to get there to get a good space.

About how many people are in the room testing at one time?

Forum Member

I'm going this Saturday and am glad to hear it's a good workout. I'm also going to get a good idea of where to go on Monday. I bought a generic civil service study guide at Half-Price Books and have been taking the practice tests they offer.

Forum Member

I have been trying for sometime now to get a ride along with a fire dept in the DFW area with no luck. I first tried Dallas but was told it was not possible seeing how I am currently in the application process. Then I tried Frisco but was told they do not allow ride alongs. I thought about sending someone a e-mail with another dept but most of the emails I can locate on line are for high ranking folks and don't want to ruffle any feathers. Then I thought about just randomly stopping by a fire house for info but I don't want to over step my bounds. Please help me if you have any advice on this matter. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by blakerollins View Post
    I have been trying for sometime now to get a ride along with a fire dept in the DFW area with no luck. I first tried Dallas but was told it was not possible seeing how I am currently in the application process. Then I tried Frisco but was told they do not allow ride alongs. I thought about sending someone a e-mail with another dept but most of the emails I can locate on line are for high ranking folks and don't want to ruffle any feathers. Then I thought about just randomly stopping by a fire house for info but I don't want to over step my bounds. Please help me if you have any advice on this matter. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Set up your private message box

Forum Member

Done fire5555

Forum Member

Does anyone have the exact address of the testing building? I had it in an email, but cannot find it now.

Forum Member

Does anyone remember when they said we would recieve our written pass/fail results?

Forum Member

I checked my status on Gov't jobs and my status changed to placed on eligible list. I'm hoping this means I passed the written test. I won't know for sure until I get an official notice. Anyone else have this status? Thanks in advance.

Forum Member

I have the same status

MembersZone Subscriber

mine too. one step down.

now what? i know we download the forums tomorrow and submit them but when do we contact for the acu placer? i forgot
    Last edited by markus1990; 04-05-2012 at 09:48 PM.

Forum Member

The paper we were given after the test said there would be forms to download today but there isnt any. I wonder if they made a mistake due to Good Friday. hhhhmmmmmm

Forum Member

I haven't been able to DL the "forms" from the Dallas website. Has anyone else had any luck with this?

Forum Member

Forum Member

Does anyone know how many people tested?

Forum Member

Have any of you guys been to any off the CPAT practice sessions?

Forum Member

I'm heading out tomorrow morning for the CPAT practice. It will be my first go around so we will see how it goes. I've heard mixed opinions on the level of difficulty involved. No doubt it will be challenging.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Novasdaddy View Post
    I'm heading out tomorrow morning for the CPAT practice. It will be my first go around so we will see how it goes. I've heard mixed opinions on the level of difficulty involved. No doubt it will be challenging.
    Yeah, I'll be there as well.

Forum Member

I am confused.

I checked my application on the Gov't job site and it says that my name is on the eligible list. I pressumed that this meant I had passed the civil exam. However I called the recruiting office yesterday and they said that my application saying this does not mean I have passed the civil exam nessecarrly. Then I received a e-mail this morning with the required forms to move further along in the process. but the e-mail is pretty generic and does not say much.

How do they inform us if we passed or not? The e-mail I received does not say one way or another. So I am not sure if this was sent to everyone or just those that passed the exam.

Please help. I am much too excited to have to wait till Monday.

Forum Member

Do you guys think if I have a valid CPAT card here in CA, I can save myself a trip to TX? Trying to save a little money over here.

Forum Member

I'm guessing if you passed you received the email for the PHS form?

Thread Information