+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 25 First ... 234567815 ... Last
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Dallas Fire-Rescue 2012!

Forum Member

Passed and set up for accuplacer on 23rd.

Forum Member

Anyone know what their policy on drug use is like? I tried marijuana one time, two years ago, in Canada - do you think they'll let that slide?

Forum Member

Yes. Just be honest about it in your pre-polygraph form and personal history packet. The truth worked for me.

Forum Member

Haulin,

Did they give you a date and time to take your accuplacer or did you schedule it yourself?

Forum Member

They give u options

Forum Member

Huh. I got an email saying congrats and that I passed, but with zero accuplacer information. I'm coming from out of state so maybe that's why? I'll have to call on Monday and figure all that out.

Forum Member

The paper you got when you took the test has the number to call and what you need to do.

Forum Member

I wonder how many passed out of the number that took the exam.

Forum Member

Does anyone know if you can just have your school directly mail your transcipt to them instead of including it in the whole package...also i'm outside the Dallas County what has anyone else outside done about the notarized seal on the CPAT form?

Forum Member

Don't know about transcripts. I'd just call and ask buddy.

U don't have to CPAT waiver notorized in Dallas county, just notorized in general. Mine was done in Denton county.

Forum Member

anyone know what parts of the accuplacer we must take? Arithmetic and algerbra? or just Arithmetic?

Forum Member

^^^I was under the assumption that most Accuplacer test where universally the same. Which would include the more advanced math (algebra, pre-cal). I was going to purchase a study guide for the math section as a refresher since I have been out of college for about a year now. I could be completely wrong about this, btw. This is just what I gathered from my research.

Forum Member

Well somene at El Centro told me we only take Arithmetic math, no algebra. Id like to get confirmation from someone first, cant get a hold of that Ron Johnson guy who is on the packet.

Forum Member

anyone scheduled for the cpat practice run this sat?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Texas817 View Post
    Well somene at El Centro told me we only take Arithmetic math, no algebra. Id like to get confirmation from someone first, cant get a hold of that Ron Johnson guy who is on the packet.
    That would definitely be preferred. I had to leave Ron a message and wait a while for him to get back with me.

Forum Member

you all might read thorugh this thread, alot of the same questions came up witht he last group:::

http://www.firehouse.com/forums/t118936/ (Dallas fire rescue hiring 2011!)

Forum Member

Got schedule for the Accuplacer... I was so confused as to how they were scheduling it, because I hadn't heard anything about it, but when I turned in my packet they took care of it right there.

Time to go workout some more, I really need to work hard to pass the CPAT...

Forum Member

I'm waived for accuplacer cause im a medic, they scheduled me for practice CPAT this sat. I'll post how it goes. Anyone else gunna be there???

Everyone i talked to that has done a CPAT says just set a pace and dont stop or rest, dont try a sprint thru it or you'll gas out early. Its mind over matter, if you dont mind a little pain, it dont matter

Forum Member

Recieved confirmation from ron, arithmetic only. Im still not confident, I bet some algebra will pop up.
    Last edited by Texas817; 04-20-2012 at 09:35 AM.

Forum Member

Anyone from Los Angeles CA taking the accuplacer exam in LA or city in close proximity? Let me know where you will be taking the test. Thanks in advance.

Forum Member

Passed the CPAT practice yesterday, but I'm still going to keep working on the stairmaster section at the gym. My legs were like Jello when I got off. I didn't fall, but I had to focus on my steps as I ran with the hose. Passed with 1 min 23 secs left, but I'm shooting for 1:45 at a minimum. Good luck to everyone.

Forum Member

How did you go about setting up a practice CPAT run? I have been to a couple of the weekend meetings but never had the opportunity to get on the stairmaster. Seeing as how I'm most concerned about that in particular I would like to give it a go.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Novasdaddy View Post
    How did you go about setting up a practice CPAT run? I have been to a couple of the weekend meetings but never had the opportunity to get on the stairmaster. Seeing as how I'm most concerned about that in particular I would like to give it a go.
    This past Saturday they did a practice CPAT for all those who had last names A - L. This Saturday will be M - Z, and then the next Sat. after that will be a makeup day/second practice for those who want it. You don't have to sign up for it ahead of time, just show up the day of and get your name on the list.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dctalk523 View Post
    Anyone from Los Angeles CA taking the accuplacer exam in LA or city in close proximity? Let me know where you will be taking the test. Thanks in advance.
    Taking mine @Fullerton College tomorrow. $30proctor fee if you were never a student there.

Forum Member

I'm planning on coming up to Dallas Saturday for a wedding...gonna try to make the practice exam walk through. I had a question, does anyone know if you are disqualified at some point will you be notified by email or do you just have to keep going through the steps until they say you can't?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 25 First ... 234567815 ... Last

Thread Information