Forum Member

Default Kennewick Interviews

I got an email the other day from Kennewick fire department stating that I made the top 30 and they were inquiring if I would still be interested in an interview because they were going to be calling to schedule interviews in about a month.... This was a great start to the year for me because I had 6 interviews last year and made 4 lists, 2 of which will possibly be hiring. I was never really good at interviews until I started to practice and research how to interview for the fire service. I would really recommend Capt. Bob's Gold Package and Smoke your Firefighter interview. I took something from both and it worked. My last interview I was ranked #21 after the written and jumped to #3 after. Take what you can from both and run with it. It really helps......

Forum Member

Have you heard if and how many they will be hiring? Or are they establishing a list? I agree, great way to start the year!

Forum Member

i have an interview as well. I hear that they just re-establish the list every year and when they need to hire they pull from it. any other info on them?

Forum Member

No other information than that. I don't even know what to expect from a 45 min Interview. All of my other ones have been 20-30 min...

Forum Member

Just got an email from Kennewick and I made the list. #4 out of the 30 interviewed and #7 with the carryover from the last list. Pretty excited.... Now im in the top 10 at 3 departments I just need one of them to hire.

Forum Member

What other lists are you on Cbar? I'm in the NW just curious.

Forum Member

Hillsboro, Or. Im ranked #3, Hanford Im on the hiring list and they won't give me my rank, Bothell, Initially #23 but I know 10 people on that list that have been hired already so should be in the top 15 now. Then im on Lacey's eligibility list but they have not done interviews yet, I heard that they applied for a SAFER Grant to re-open a station. I just did pretty well on my NTN 86.3 HR and a 94.4 Mech. So I am expecting some interviews off of that test. And finally just waiting on my Bates results. Hopes are not to high for that one because I haven't met anybody yet that has landed a job off of it.
    How about you how has your testing been going? Are you on any lists?

Forum Member

Cbar84,
    Im also on Kennewicks eligibilty lists and wondering if you noticed that the number one guy is expired? Then two and three will expire in 5 months, kinda confused.. Im also on Bothells list too. Sounds like you are testing very well.. Good job

Forum Member

Good for you man. Ya I was in the same boat was on several lists and ended up getting picked up in August. This is a tough area to get hired man sounds like you're doing the right things. I was in the same boat took me 2 years. Keep it up man and it will pay off.

Forum Member

Armey! I saw that too! It looks like it is just carryover from the past lists and that is it. It seems to be revolving! And by that I mean that when they expire they will re-establish the list and there will be people with different expiration dates!
    **KCFF- thanks it's good to hear all the hard work will pay off and that others were in the same boat! If you don't mind me asking where did you get picked up at? I've been at it really testing and interviewing hard for 3 years now and this third Year has been a major breakthrough I finally got overbthe testing/interview wall!

KTF
    Forum Member

You'll get it Cbar just keep at it. Good job with getting on list, its always nice to have some light at the end of the tunnel. Keep it at

Forum Member

Thanks! 3 years of fighting and scratching seems like it is starting to pay off! How is academy?

Forum Member

Got picked up by VRFA

Forum Member

Nice my buddy is up at North bend for VRFA right now.

KTF
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cbar84 View Post
    Thanks! 3 years of fighting and scratching seems like it is starting to pay off! How is academy?
    Its going great I'm loving it. 7 1/2 weeks down only 6 to go!

Forum Member

Anybody hear anything from Kennewick on if they are going to hire off this list?

Forum Member

I haven't heard anything either. I'm sure hoping we hear something soon. Also, I did read in the IAFF news letter that 3 firefighter did retire from Kennewick Fire.

Forum Member

Just got a call about a chiefs interview. They are Hiring 3 and interviewing from the list which was just established in Aug. The board will include the Chief, 2 Deputy Chiefs and an HR Rep.

Anyone else have any other info?
    Last edited by j2two; 09-17-2012 at 05:03 PM.

Forum Member

I just received a call today. Chiefs interview next week!

Thread Information