Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    johnsb,

Let's recap shall we?

1) You came on here after a supposed visit to Pierce's manufacturinf facility talking about trucks you saw for import to China and pictures you took.
    It wasn't a "supposed" visit, I was there. There are dozens of FF's from different depts there EVERY DAY. Why would I lie about a common occurance???
    2) When asked why you didn't post the pictures you posted some absolute horse schitt about secrecy and not wanting to cause Pierce any problems.
    Pierce may not have any "secrets", but then again they may have some processes they would rather not have on the net. And there's a lot of employees in the pics, some may not want to have their pic on the web.
    3) When told by almost everyone here that there were no secets where you were or Pierce wouldn't have let you take pictures you refused to listen and posted some more absolute horse schitt.
    I wasn't told there were no secrets by anyone that positively identified themselves as an official representative of Pierce Mfg., so I guess those are all "opinions" are'nt they?4) The you post an absolutely immature post ranting and raving about "nah ner, nah ner I am not posting the pictures." (frankly who gives a flying schitt, anything you took pictures of most likely can be seen in the recent deliveries section at Pierce's website)
    If you don't "give a flying schitt", why are you still #itching??5) When you are caught posting as an employee of a Pierce dealership you just go farthe off the deep end. You deny it, but hinestly I believe you are an employee of a Pierce dealership. Funny how when I was selling firre apparatus the first thing I did was come on FH.com and tell EVERYONE that I was a salesman, I did the same type of announcement when I stopped selling apparatus too. Honesty still is the best policy.
    If I were a saleman, I would have said I were a salesman. How am I going to sell anything if I pretended not to be a salesman. That defies all logic. And I don't really care what you believe, because you know nothing about me.6) While I don't drink the kool-aid, I have no axe to grind with Pierce. I just get so damn tired of the "Pierce uber alles" attitude of the fanatics. We have 2 Pirece egines where I work and they are nice engines, not perfect as they have spent their time in the shop in their first year dealing with warranty issues, but very nice engines.
    Where did I say that anything that's not a Pierce is a piece of "schitt"?? I went to the Pierce factory for a pre-build conference, (like I said in the first place) I was impressed by the factory, and had a good time. That was the whole point of the post. You evidently think there is some hidden secret squirrel goverment black ops agenda to it.firepundit,

This really had nothing to do with the supposed Pierce hatred you are insinuating. It had to do with telling someone the premise of why he wouldn't post his pictures he took at Pierce was nonsense and him getting all ****y about it. It really was that simple.
    Do me a favor, don't tell me what I need to post and I'll do the same for you. Please don't get all ****y about it if I decide not to post a pic, I do believe I have the right to not post pics if I want.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    Privacy? If Pierce or any other apparatus maker didn't want you there, you wouldn't be there. They have always told me, any thing I shot was OK with them to post. If they have something secret, you are not going to see it or even hear about it.

You can always look on Pierce's web site and see the delivery's that has been photoshop on the back ground!!

You would be welcome to come to my fire house and shoot the apparatus photos and post them.

K
    And again, not posting the pics. I really don't see why it's a big deal that I'm not posting them. The post was about having a good experience.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    Please define BEST. Ya, MY mileage does vary. Do they build a nice vehicle? Yes. But there are others building equal or better depending on what you want and how you want to do it. BEST is a VERY subjective view. T.C.
    No Schitt. Ever heard of an opinion? Did you not understand it when I said "In MY experience"....

Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

johnsb,

This whole topic exploded when you posted the absolutely ridiculously nonsensical crapola that Pierce let you take pictures of something that you feel you can't post because it might be secret. Seriously, you aren't this naive are you?

Let me ask you a really simple question, one even you may get the point of. Let's say Brand Q Fire Trucks (Fictional made up compnay just to illustrate a point) wants to know how Pierce does something in the factory. Hmmmm, they sit around and brainstorm and finally one of them says "HEY! Let's go tour the factory and take pictures of what we want to know about." But one of the others says "OH NO! We can't do that because even though they let you take pictures you are not supposed to look at them or show them to anyone else to protect any secrets Pierce might have." DO YOU GET IT? IF THEY HAD ANYTHING THEY DIDN'T WANT ANYONE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU WOULDN'T HAVE SEEN IT, LET ALONE BEEN ALLOWED TO TAKE PICTURES OF IT. So get over the bullschitt, and either post the pictures (frankly I don't care if you do or not), or shut the hell up about it.

This entire topic has made you look like a petulant child, and frrankly pretty damn foolish too.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Let's talk fire trucks! BoxAlarm187's Avatar

Guys, let it go. All of you. Just let this thread die, please.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Forum Member

johnsb,

This whole topic exploded when you posted the absolutely ridiculously nonsensical crapola that Pierce let you take pictures of something that you feel you can't post because it might be secret. Seriously, you aren't this naive are you?

Let me ask you a really simple question, one even you may get the point of. Let's say Brand Q Fire Trucks (Fictional made up compnay just to illustrate a point) wants to know how Pierce does something in the factory. Hmmmm, they sit around and brainstorm and finally one of them says "HEY! Let's go tour the factory and take pictures of what we want to know about." But one of the others says "OH NO! We can't do that because even though they let you take pictures you are not supposed to look at them or show them to anyone else to protect any secrets Pierce might have." DO YOU GET IT? IF THEY HAD ANYTHING THEY DIDN'T WANT ANYONE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU WOULDN'T HAVE SEEN IT, LET ALONE BEEN ALLOWED TO TAKE PICTURES OF IT. So get over the bullschitt, and either post the pictures (frankly I don't care if you do or not), or shut the hell up about it.
    Why are YOU bringing it up again???
    This entire topic has made you look like a petulant child, and frrankly pretty damn foolish too.
    I'd say the one's that look like petulant children are the ones that keep complaining after I said I wouldn't post them (you for instance), and [B]it doesn't matter why I said I wouldn't post them[/B], people just need to accept it and move on. The other point is that I was accused of being something I wasn't and that person has dropped it because they were given bad info, and the rest of you should drop it as well.

BoxAlarm187,

You are right. I will drop this. It is pointless and senseless to continue.

Besides, I have grown weary of watching johnsb implode.
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

BoxAlarm187,

You are right. I will drop this. It is pointless and senseless to continue.

Besides, I have grown weary of watching johnsb implode.
    Buh-bye.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsb View Post
    Buh-bye.
    Oh no johnsb...it isn't buh bye...to paraphrase Clint Eastwood in Heart Break Ridge.

"With all due respect, johnsb, you're beginning to bore the hell out of me."

Now unless johnsb posts to me again I am done here.

Have a nice day.
    Maybe it's not too late

Oh no johnsb...it isn't buh bye...to paraphrase Clint Eastwood in Heart Break Ridge.

Have a nice day.
    Everyone knows that Toyne is better anyways.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Except for those smart enough to buy a US Tanker.
    Fyrtrks

I am still kind of partial to our, one and only in the State of Wisconsin, HME.

Although, given my druthers I would take a good old Mack CF any day of the week.
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

Have a nice day.
    I wasn't paraphrasing Clint, it was SNL. I bore the hell out of ya, but yet you keep coming back....

Oh no...I don't care who you are, that's funny right there!!
    Let me be the first to admit, my experience with Toyne is limited, but those we had here in St. Paul just didn't quite hack it...one may even go so far as to call them junk.
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

MembersZone Subscriber

Wow, a lot of animosity over nothing, some of you guys need to get some frustrations out huh? Maybe some of you could take the latest Fire Apparatus rag into the bathroom and kill two birds with one stone?

So the guy doesn't post pics of other people apparatus?So what, I wouldn't either unless asked specifically. I figure that if I'm at the factory to see my truck, any pics I snap of someone else's aren't really for me to publicly post. Maybe no one cares, but since that's not the purpose of my visit, I wouldn't make them public.

I wasn't paraphrasing Clint, it was SNL. I bore the hell out of ya, but yet you keep coming back....
    Um, genius, I WAS PARAPHRASING CLINT EASTWOOD, not you. And YES, I know you were doing the airline stewardess "Buh Bye" at the plane door skit from SNL.

My last comments were not to you, they were light hearted comments to FWDbuff. But I guess you weren't smart enough to figure that out.

I eagerly await your next attempt at being clever...because so far all they have been is failed attempts. By the way, are you sure you can talk on here? You might post something Pierce wants kept secret. HEY, maybe they didn't want you to tell anyone they were selling tucks to China...FOR SHAME!!

Either way, Have a nice day!
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

I eagerly await your next attempt at being clever...
    Speaking of boring. Why don't you just ask him for a date and get it over with.

Way to welcome a new forum member, by the way. No wonder it has been so dead around here lately.

Quote Originally Posted by firepundit View Post
    Speaking of boring. Why don't you just ask him for a date and get it over with.

Stop reading what I post, or put me on ignore, if I bother you that much. It really is that simple.

Way to welcome a new forum member, by the way. No wonder it has been so dead around here lately.

What new forum member? johnsb has been here longer than you have.
    Funny thing is people get called out on their BS all the time on here. I guess maybe you hadn't noticed.
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

Funny thing is people get called out on their BS all the time on here. I guess maybe you hadn't noticed.
    And I have to call you out for your BS and calling me a liar. If you think my reason for posting the pics is not valid, I really don't have a problem with you and others saying you think it would be okay and Pierce wouldn't mind. It's not going to change my mind, but I don't have a problem with you saying it.
    But when you call me a liar based on bad info or your uninformed opinion, I will set the record straight. I don't care if I come across as clever to you. I'm not in the habit of needing approval from someone who acts like a jerk and attacks me for something that didn't even concern them in the first place. I guess I'm still amazed that you would make such a big deal out of something so trivial as me not posting some pics no matter what the reason. It's not even your molehill to make a mountain out of.

MembersZone Subscriber

And I have to call you out for your BS and calling me a liar. If you think my reason for posting the pics is not valid, I really don't have a problem with you and others saying you think it would be okay and Pierce wouldn't mind. It's not going to change my mind, but I don't have a problem with you saying it.
    But when you call me a liar based on bad info or your uninformed opinion, I will set the record straight. I don't care if I come across as clever to you. I'm not in the habit of needing approval from someone who acts like a jerk and attacks me for something that didn't even concern them in the first place. I guess I'm still amazed that you would make such a big deal out of something so trivial as me not posting some pics no matter what the reason. It's not even your molehill to make a mountain out of.
    Let it ****ing go. The horse is dead.

Thread Information