Forum Member

Question Interesting phone call today

Took a call from a vendor who congradulated us on our training grant, only one problem, we haven't officialy been awarded the grant yet. We only have an 1199 update. Told him thank you, but we don't have the award yet, the line went quite for a few seconds. I ended up transferring him to the chiefs voice mail.
    Has this happen to anyone else? I wonder if this vendor knows something that I don't?

Forum Member

I'll bet this falls under the scenario of someone told someone else about your 1199a, and that someone told another person, pretty soon you have an award that the vender was told about.

Just a thought.

Forum Member

Happens every year. Everything except scoring is FOIA, and odds are someone who knows what department you're with and knows you posted here about the 1199A, probably told someone else, who told the person that called you under the impression it was already a done deal. Remember folks, there are hundreds if not thousands of lurkers in these forums including DHS and vendors. It ain't just us chickens pecking around for info.

Great minds think alike, both chief and I posted the same thing at the same time.

Forum Member

Brian, like you said

Forum Member

Great minds think alike, both chief and I posted the same thing at the same time.[/QUOTE]

And that is why you guys are so good

Forum Member

I get emails all the time from companies that want to sell me the list of recipients before they make it to the public lists. Somehow they get them and the vendors pay to have them. I don't play that game. Departments know how to find me and know that I will take care of them.
    Jason Brooks
    IAFF Local 2388
    IACOJ

Forum Member

Most of the time they aren't exact either, it's just a rankings list they get through FOIA, or who knows, in this day and age could be they're dropping money in somebody's pocket to get the listing. We've had several contacted after denials congratulating them on their award for what they were just turned down on. Which I'd be PO'd about if I was actually paying someone for that, I'd expect a little higher degree of accuracy. And with the bid regs in place what's the point of contacting people early anyway since odds are salespeople were contacted at app time for pricing so I don't know a salesperson worth their salt that doesn't keep in contact with the customers they quote.

Thread Information