Thread: Closeout issue

Forum Member

Default Closeout issue

Does anyone have any insight on what the actual issues are with the closeout module for 2009 and up. I have some old projects i would really like to button up. Everything else seems to be working smoothly. Just curious why it keeps getting pushed out? Maybe we'll see it soon. . . Maybe

Forum Member

I've been asking the same question since I was awarded in round 1 2009. "They" say it is a computer glitch. Must be some of those old Apple 2e's doing all the work...

Forum Member

Nah, don't blame the hardware, it's multiple software vendors in a sort period of time. And the Inspector General saying the closeout modules weren't compliant with reporting requirements. That's why a lot of the old ones had to be opened up again, and also why they're holding off on 2009 forward since there was a major change in the application. They don't want 2 major headaches at once with closeouts, but since it's their issue that's why they're not holding them against anyone for future awards.

Forum Member

I've never had a reward so doing a close out made me a little nervous. I'm starting to loose track of all the vender searches and bids for items, etc. I was told all that was necessary plus a major narrative?
    Where do we get info on close outs?

Forum Member

At minimum, print hard copies of all bids, receipts, correspondences etc. and throw them into a file or binder. It is recommended to organize them, just ask Kurt or Brian what format to use.

The Closeout "Performance Report Narrative" IS NOT a major narrative. KEEP IT SHORT & SIMPLE. Copy the "Statement of Effect" portion of your grant application narrative and change it from future tense to past tense.

Application: "The grant funds requested will be used to train 18 firefighters to the NFPA Firefighter I level."

Closeout: "The grant funds were used to train 18 firefighters to the NFPA Firefighter I level."

All they are looking for is confirmation that you did what you said you were going to do.

I've done dozens of closeouts, none of them took more than 10 minutes to do, and all of them have been accepted and approved the very first time.

Forum Member

Thanks, that does make me feel much better.....

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Troyboy67 View Post
    Thanks, that does make me feel much better.....
    The GMT provides an explanation on the Close Out Report.

http://www.fema.gov/firegrants/tools/tutorial.shtm

The last info that I had recieved the Close Out module would not be available until March.
    Last edited by onebugle; 01-30-2012 at 07:04 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm still waiting to close out a 2008 and I got the same "glitch" computer story.

Forum Member

Default 2008 Closeout

I have completed the 2008 Close out twice and just received an email today stating that our 2008 close out needs completed. Really????????????? I've talked to AFG both times. Time for another phone call tomorrow.

Thread Information