Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chapel Hill FD

Forum Member

Default Chapel Hill FD

Was just wondering who all applied and if anyone knew how many they were looking to take?

MembersZone Subscriber

Applied but not sure on how many they looking on taking.

Forum Member

I appied but don't know how keen they are about someone from the West Coast. So we will see.

Forum Member

I applied, I'll be coming down from Ohio, I just wasn't sure if anyone had heard how many they could potentially be taking.

Forum Member

Has anyone heard anything yet? I was able to get a hold of HR a few weeks ago. They said they were still sorting through about 300-400 applications...

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy24 View Post
    Has anyone heard anything yet? I was able to get a hold of HR a few weeks ago. They said they were still sorting through about 300-400 applications...
    Just got this today -

"Thank you for participating in the application process for the position of Firefighter. We appreciated the opportunity to learn more about your background and experience.

As you may know, this was a highly competitive recruitment process. With many outstanding candidates participating, the selection decision was very difficult. However, after carefully reviewing your qualifications along with several other candidates, we have decide to pursue those candidates whose background and experience was considered to be more closely related to the needs of the current vacancy.

Again, thank you for your interest in employment with the Town of Chapel Hill. We appreciate the time and effort that you expended in competing in this process. We wish you the best in your job search and hope that you will continue to have an interest in our town and community. "

Don't really know what they are looking for; have previous FF experience, 6 years of military exp., and EMT. Anyway best of luck to everyone else.

Forum Member

Figures, As soon as i post in this forum i get the "Thank you for your time" letter. Best of luck to those who made the cut!

Forum Member

I got my email yesterday saying that I need to call them and register for my agility test. I also have my FD I&II and am currently active duty military. Did anyone else get this email?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mcorey04 View Post
    I got my email yesterday saying that I need to call them and register for my agility test. I also have my FD I&II and am currently active duty military. Did anyone else get this email?
    Congrats man. Maybe they were looking for FF I&II, which would explain why I didn't get picked up. Just hard to knock that out while on active duty.

Good luck with the rest of the process.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    Congrats man. Maybe they were looking for FF I&II, which would explain why I didn't get picked up. Just hard to knock that out while on active duty.

Good luck with the rest of the process.
    I got my FF I&II before I joined. I don't get out for another 5 months so I'm hoping that the process takes that long.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by doubled8206 View Post
    I applied, I'll be coming down from Ohio, I just wasn't sure if anyone had heard how many they could potentially be taking.
    What part of Ohio are you from? I'm from Gallipolis which is in south east Ohio.

Forum Member

I got the same email. The only thing is im one class from having my fire 1 and 2.

Forum Member

Hmm, It looks like they were trying to fill an entry level position. Congrats!

Thread Information