Thread: Stop smoking

  1. #1
    Banned

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4

    Default Stop smoking

    Smoking is a bad habit it is really taking the smoker death day by day very slowly we must quit smoking it can be the caused of so many diseases like heart lungs and liver problems.......

  2. #2
    Forum Member
    EastKyFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Nippa, KY
    Posts
    3,124

    Default

    What's this "we" crap? I don't smoke. Do you smoke? If you do, what's this self-righteous thread all about, anyway?
    “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

  3. #3
    MembersZone Subscriber
    BULL321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Western, NC
    Posts
    3,432

    Default

    I was going to read his post but I got to run to the store to pick up a pack of smokes, cause I'm out.
    Stay Safe
    Bull


    “Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

    Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL

  4. #4
    Forum Member
    tfpd109's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    On the flatest land around! (In central Il.)
    Posts
    618

    Default

    Glad he didnt mention Copenhagen!

  5. #5
    Forum Member
    Miller337's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Casey22 View Post
    Smoking is a bad habit it is really taking the smoker death day by day very slowly we must quit smoking it can be the caused of so many diseases like heart lungs and liver problems.......
    You know Casey your right, smoking will more than likely shorten my life. I have a feeling I'm gonna live a longer pain free life than you though becouse I don't push my beliefs on others.

    I suspect you are very young so, I will try to be kind. I can't tell you how many young firefighters I have reached out and pulled out of traffic while smoking my cigar. They are so intent on their task or trying to be of assistance that they lose their situational awareness. You are probably a nice kid but if you bug me again about my smoking not only will I watch the bus mow you down I'll drive it.

    Now why don't you go start a nice thread about leather vs plastic helmets. Something everyone can agree on.

  6. #6
    Forum Member
    Reese Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    FF-EMT 126 NE & Central Florida
    Posts
    61

    Default

    I've been more worried about carbon monoxide and cyanide poisoning in IDLH environments lately, rather than carcinogens from ciggies I smoked ten years ago, but thanks for the warning! (LOL)
    I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we who know the work which the fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling. —Chief Edward F. Croker


  7. #7
    Forum Member
    BryanHarris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I watched many videos and articles related to cancer because of smoking, they were really hard to read and watch. I’ve reduced my amount of cigarettes per day now and I think I’ll leave it in a month’s time.

  8. #8
    Forum Member
    EastKyFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Nippa, KY
    Posts
    3,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miller337 View Post
    You know Casey your right, smoking will more than likely shorten my life. I have a feeling I'm gonna live a longer pain free life than you though becouse I don't push my beliefs on others.

    I suspect you are very young so, I will try to be kind. I can't tell you how many young firefighters I have reached out and pulled out of traffic while smoking my cigar. They are so intent on their task or trying to be of assistance that they lose their situational awareness. You are probably a nice kid but if you bug me again about my smoking not only will I watch the bus mow you down I'll drive it.

    Now why don't you go start a nice thread about leather vs plastic helmets. Something everyone can agree on.
    Chillax. This is a spam thread, just like the post above this one. These things are automatically generated by advertising spammer types, usually in other countries. That's why the English is so weird.

    These things pop up on FH.com and many other forums on a regular basis. The usual MO for the human posters here has been to report the post and then try to post lots of funny replies before the webteam closes it. The "poster" that started this one had also started 3-4 others the same day. Somehow they're apparently gone, while this one survives.

    So feel free to join the fun by mocking the OP and making jokes about the topic, because there ain't no feelings to hurt. It's not a human.
    “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

  9. #9
    Forum Member
    Miller337's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF View Post
    Chillax. This is a spam thread, just like the post above this one. These things are automatically generated by advertising spammer types, usually in other countries. That's why the English is so weird.

    These things pop up on FH.com and many other forums on a regular basis. The usual MO for the human posters here has been to report the post and then try to post lots of funny replies before the webteam closes it. The "poster" that started this one had also started 3-4 others the same day. Somehow they're apparently gone, while this one survives.

    So feel free to join the fun by mocking the OP and making jokes about the topic, because there ain't no feelings to hurt. It's not a human.
    What, you'r kidding me. I want to crush someones hopes and dreams not just spar with yet another electronic device which was created to annoy me.

  10. #10
    Forum Member
    EastKyFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Nippa, KY
    Posts
    3,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miller337 View Post
    What, you'r kidding me. I want to crush someones hopes and dreams not just spar with yet another electronic device which was created to annoy me.
    I feel your pain. But such is life. I guess you'll have to do F2F dream-crushing.
    “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Smoking Ban
    By MFDExplorer51 in forum New York
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-13-2010, 07:50 AM
  2. Smoking?
    By nVelazquez in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 05-29-2010, 08:53 PM
  3. Smoking
    By DennisTheMenace in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-10-2005, 04:30 PM
  4. STOP - STOP I SAY... I SAID SSTTTOPPPPP!!!!
    By MalahatTwo7 in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-13-2003, 03:17 AM
  5. No Smoking!!
    By NJFFSA16 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-30-2002, 12:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register