Forum Member

Default Linden, New Jersey

Hey everybody. Just was wondering if anybody has heard anything about Linden being able to hire or anything about the department

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmigs View Post
    Hey everybody. Just was wondering if anybody has heard anything about Linden being able to hire or anything about the department
    I have a few friends on linden and can find out this week down at the convention. Give me an idea ofwhere you stand and Ill see what they say.

Forum Member

Yeah i know a few guys on there but there is a lot of hear say so i was curious as to if anyone on here has heard anything,. which convention?

Forum Member

Well not sure if you heard, they laid people off, just recently re hired them. I am not sure of their situation now, but its New Jersey, wouldn't hold your breathe if your not a vet.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireFighterCanididate1 View Post
    Well not sure if you heard, they laid people off, just recently re hired them. I am not sure of their situation now, but its New Jersey, wouldn't hold your breathe if your not a vet.
    I called a friend since misinformation will quickly be given by all of the experts that dont have a job. They did lose an engine company and laid off 6 but they have since been rehired with an additional 8 hired behind them. They are currently looking for about 8 more to put another ambulance in service.

I asked about vets and was told off the past 2 lists that only 5 were vets out of about 45 hired. He also said the handful of vets on the new list have gone to the PD and arent transferring overe mentioned that the end of the contact will cause about 10-15 openings. Add that to the 8 for the ambulance and your at around 35 on the list with people getting dq'd.

Forum Member

fmbamember thx for the info. Hope the ambulance route pans out

Forum Member

When the application came out Belleville was listed as hiring from all of Essex County, during the year + process of the administration of the exam then changed the hiring area to their town only. The just hired 8 guys, all town residents, instead of veterans from all of Essex County. They did this to get to relatives, and to avoid vets. If you are a veteran or volunteer that should have been ahead of the relatives I mean residents , You have grounds for a lawsuit. Post if you think you should have been hired and maybe we can work together.

Thread Information