Forum Member

Default If you are looking for a great book to read- American Sniper...

I found a great book. The full title is American Sniper- Autobiography of Most Lethal Sniper in US Military History by Chris Kyle.

I read about half of it in the bookstore yesterday. I had to order it off Amazon today ( I had some rewards points to use which made it free. when you have no $$$, free is always good). I could not put this book down. I sat in the store for some 5 hours reading.

This is the blurb from Amazon:

From 1999 to 2009, U.S. Navy SEAL Chris Kyle recorded the most career sniper kills in United States military history. The Pentagon has officially confirmed more than 150 of Kyles kills (the previous American record was 109), but it has declined to verify the astonishing total number for this book. Iraqi insurgents feared Kyle so much they named him al-Shaitan (“the devil”) and placed a bounty on his head. Kyle earned legendary status among his fellow SEALs, Marines, and U.S. Army soldiers, whom he protected with deadly accuracy from rooftops and stealth positions. Gripping and unforgettable, Kyle’s masterful account of his extraordinary battlefield experiences ranks as one of the great war memoirs of all time.

A native Texan who learned to shoot on childhood hunting trips with his father, Kyle was a champion saddle-bronc rider prior to joining the Navy. After 9/11, he was thrust onto the front lines of the War on Terror, and soon found his calling as a world-class sniper who performed best under fire. He recorded a personal-record 2,100-yard kill shot outside Baghdad; in Fallujah, Kyle braved heavy fire to rescue a group of Marines trapped on a street; in Ramadi, he stared down insurgents with his pistol in close combat. Kyle talks honestly about the pain of war—of twice being shot and experiencing the tragic deaths of two close friends.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by cheffie View Post
    I found a great book. The full title is American Sniper- Autobiography of Most Lethal Sniper in US Military History by Chris Kyle.
    I've heard it's a good book.. I'd add it to the list if I didn't already have like 10 books waiting for me.
    Another fantastic book in the same vein is Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

Thread Information