Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Baltimore County Fire Dept. 2012

Forum Member

I passed my physical test yesterday. I asked about when the first class is expected to start and the lady told me some time around Dec./Jan.

I saw quite a few people fail the test.

Forum Member

Nice work! There were a few that failed the day i went as well. do you know how many more testing days they have?

Forum Member

No clue, it has to be ending soon though.

Forum Member

Should be hearing something by September? Anybody know if thats the word on the street?

Forum Member

Anybody heard anything yet?

Forum Member

Wooooo hoooo!! Just got the email an hour ago, have my interview on Sept. 19th. Hopefully this is the final step in obtaining my life long dream!
    inkling410 likes this.

Forum Member

That's excellent...Good for you! Will everyone who passed the written & physical receive an interview? How are they determining it? Thanks...

Forum Member

Thanks. Being called doesn't mean i'll get hired, but it sure gives me a shot. Wish I had an answer for you, but I know as little as you do. I would imagine they won't interview EVERYONE that passed. I know they said during the physicals that the usually look for the people with the best times. As far as the written, all i know is I passed. I'm not sure how they grade it, or how everything stacks up at the end.

Forum Member

Ouch. Haven't heard anything. Here's to hoping something tomorrow or the next day. Hey col, how do you feel you did on the physical. I know they don't tell you times but do you feel like you sprinted through it or what?

Forum Member

I got the email today wahooo!!! Interview is on sept.19. Good luck to everyone who got the email.

Forum Member

Jasper173: I definitely went as fast, and safe, as I possibly could. I would prob guess that I was in the very low 7's on overall time. The biggest thing was not slowing down in between events. Just had to keep your head down and hustle

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by col.squirt View Post
    Jasper173: I definitely went as fast, and safe, as I possibly could. I would prob guess that I was in the very low 7's on overall time. The biggest thing was not slowing down in between events. Just had to keep your head down and hustle
    Thanks. Guess I shouldn't hold my breath then. I thought I did very well. Better than I expected even. While I don't imagine I was in the 7-minute area, I would be surprised if it was more than 10. I felt I moved at a great clip the entire time. Probably could have moved a little faster but not by much. I don't know how you get around the 7 minute area. The two stair events alone at minimum have to add up to 2 and 1/2 or so. Plus all the walking in between. Who knows?

I wonder how, if at all the written test weighs in on who gets interviews. I thought I did excellently on that.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper173 View Post
    Thanks. Guess I shouldn't hold my breath then. I thought I did very well. Better than I expected even. While I don't imagine I was in the 7-minute area, I would be surprised if it was more than 10. I felt I moved at a great clip the entire time. Probably could have moved a little faster but not by much. I don't know how you get around the 7 minute area. The two stair events alone at minimum have to add up to 2 and 1/2 or so. Plus all the walking in between. Who knows?

I wonder how, if at all the written test weighs in on who gets interviews. I thought I did excellently on that.
    It wasn't that hard to get in the 7's, honestly. Not trying to be arrogant or dicky, but it all comes down to training in the gym, and how badly you want it. The CPAT is also in the 7-8 minute range, so its def doable. The physical was definitely challenging, but it was also fair.

Over the last year and a half, i've lost a significant amount of weight, and I worked my *** off to make sure I was ready for any physicals I may be invited to take. It all comes down to prep, determination, and pure hard head attitude of pushing as hard as you possibly can. Here where I live, testing is so extremely competetive, that you HAVE to be at the top of your game. I'll get off my soap box now ;-)

Good luck to all of those out their taking the interviews!!

Forum Member

I got an interview with BCFD! I am scheduled on the 20th at 1300. I couldn't be happier to have just made it this far. Good luck guys you got this!

Forum Member

I am taking the interview on Sep. 24th. I wonder how many people also got that email.

Forum Member

I am guessing quite a few. If interviews are scheduled throughout five days.

Forum Member

Think i read on a previous thread on here, that the last time the test was given, something like 4000 people took it. They called 2000 out of that 4000 for the physical. They then called 600 out of that 2000 for the interviews. They then hired 30, lol!! Who knows what the #'s were this time.

Do your best to impress, boys and girls, because odds are they have a decent amount of us to choose from.

Forum Member

I scored in the 95th percentile or better on the written & completed the physical in a very fast & safe manner...I haven't received an interview email yet though, is there a number I should call or can call to inquire? Thanks anyone for the help! (Not being arrogant by the way, just stating my performance would warrant an interview if that is what it is based off of.)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by j4321 View Post
    I scored in the 95th percentile or better on the written & completed the physical in a very fast & safe manner...I haven't received an interview email yet though, is there a number I should call or can call to inquire? Thanks anyone for the help! (Not being arrogant by the way, just stating my performance would warrant an interview if that is what it is based off of.)
    How did you find out you scored in the 95th percentile or better? All I received was a letter saying I passed the written?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by col.squirt View Post
    How did you find out you scored in the 95th percentile or better? All I received was a letter saying I passed the written?
    Because someone with an elementary school education at minimum could have scored in the 95th percentile or better...Haha, I'm slightly teasing...No, but really, the test was a basic competence test and I'm confident of a low margin of error for myself so I estimated 95th percentile or better...Sorry if I was misleading!

But yea, I hope I can find out if I should get an interview...The only thing that crosses my mind that could be a point of disorganization for them is that I opted to complete my physical fitness test during a practice session and didn't go my otherwise scheduled one...So I just hope that their paperwork reflected that & that I'm able to interview...Thanks

Thread Information