Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Austin Fire Exam, May 23rd 2012

Forum Member

*crickets*

Forum Member

be patient, they've almost figured out how to get all the women and minorities to the top of the list.

Forum Member

Stay calm. They've almost figured out how to get all the women and minorities to the top of the list

Forum Member

Be patient. They've just about got all the women and minorities moved to the top of the list, and it'll be out shortly

Forum Member

everyone be patient. theyve almost found a way to move the women and minorities to the top of the list, and then it will be posted.

Forum Member

It's been almost two months since interviews. Anyone else come to terms with them canceling this year's process?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by aliciaaaaah View Post
    It's been almost two months since interviews. Anyone else come to terms with them canceling this year's process?
    Yes, I've already filled out an interest card for the next hiring process. NEVER GIVE UP!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by aliciaaaaah View Post
    . I'm convinced that this year's process will probably be cancelled. I also heard that San Antonio will not be accepting applications until June 2014. It's unfortunante, but we can't give up...I refuse to give up. It's time to start studying again

Forum Member

Breezed through it so did not see everything but did not see anything about academy or added line firefighters

http://austintx.swagit.com/play/04302013-650

http://www.austintexas.gov/edims/document.cfm?id=188802

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo85 View Post
    . I'm convinced that this year's process will probably be cancelled. I also heard that San Antonio will not be accepting applications until June 2014. It's unfortunante, but we can't give up...I refuse to give up. It's time to start studying again
    Where did you hear about the June application date?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheHulk86 View Post
    Where did you hear about the June application date?
    Thank you for your inquiry on the application submission process for the San Antonio Fire Department. Our last entrance exam was given on November 4, 2012. The qualifying applicants from that test make up our current eligibility list. The current list will be good for one (1) year from the certification date. All eligible applicants will be processed from this list for employment with SAFD until the list expires.*

The first step is to submit an application and take the entrance exam. Your score on the exam will determine if you’ll continue in the hiring process. All applicants that successfully complete the hiring process will go through an intensive six months of training at our academy, regardless of any prior degrees and/or certifications attained.* If you have not already done so, please go to the SAFD webpage @ www.safdcareers.com. Please fill out the “Job Interest Card” and you’ll be notified when we’ll begin accepting applications.

Also, the webpage provides a review of the minimum qualifications under the "Applicant Phase" link.* If you meet those qualifications, you’re then eligible to test with us.* In the meantime, in order to prepare for the exam, you can download the study guide that‘s found on the webpage. This guide will give you an idea on the types of question asked on the exam. For more practice, you can go to a bookstore and purchase a Firefighter Exam book that has the same topics and same type of questions that’s found in the study guide.

Forum Member

I emailed the Statesman to see if they'd heard anything about the city and the union restarting negotiations and they said it's been entirely quiet on that front.

Forum Member

That doen't sound too promising.

Forum Member

2013 Austin Firefighter Applicants (09/16/13):

The 2013 fire cadet hiring process is currently under review by the U.S. Dept. of Justice. The City of Austin and AFD have cooperated fully with that review in order to ensure that this hiring process will allow us to select highly qualified firefighter candidates and remain in compliance with applicable legal standards.

Based on recent communications between the City and the Justice Department, the decision has been made not to post the test results at this time. This will allow the DOJ further time to evaluate the overall hiring process. We emphasize that all candidates who completed both the written and oral assessments remain active candidates at this time.

We expect to have further information concerning the status and timing of the 2013 hiring process posted to this website within the next two weeks. In the meantime, we can confirm that both the written and oral assessments have been scored by the test vendor. However, individual candidate scores will not be released at this time. We will advise you as soon as we have additional information about this process.

We thank you for your patience and your continuing interest in becoming an Austin firefighter.

Forum Member

In the meantime:

Candidates should continue to prepare for the physical requirements of the remaining phases of the 2013 hiring process. Specifically, you must be able to complete both the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) and the Medical Exam Treadmill Test to continue in the process. Information on these tests is listed here for use in your fitness training.

Forum Member

what a joke all this politically correct stuff is.

Forum Member

"We expect to have further information concerning the status and timing of the 2013 hiring process posted to this website within the next two weeks."

Today is exactly two weeks from the city/union contract deadline as well. Can't be a coincidence.

Forum Member

I thought there was an earlier post that doj was happy and on their way to spread happiness somewhere else????

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fire49 View Post
    I thought there was an earlier post that doj was happy and on their way to spread happiness somewhere else????
    I remember that. They said something about nothing was found when the posted scores from the writing exam.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fire49 View Post
    I was told by three FFs (all higher ranking) that nothing was found and the DOJ investigation was over.

Forum Member

I can't be the only one a little ticked off bc AFD is holding back info about the union/city contract negotiations! This is very frustrating!

Forum Member

Am I the only that believes this years process will be canceled? I also believe they won't let us know until the end of the month.

Forum Member

Will not be canceled just going to take an unknown time to resolve

Get certified get job

Forum Member

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/l...minorit/nZzTR/

Letter from DOJ was received yesterday. Curious to see how this affects 2013's process since it's a different test and interview vendor from last year.

Forum Member

Might try Fort Worth

Just might get hired before Austin figures it out

http://www.tcfp.texas.gov/job_postings/fort_worth.pdf

Thread Information