Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 243132333435363744 ... LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Austin Fire Exam, May 23rd 2012

Forum Member

Is nobody reading my posts? I broke it down with the main points. They told us what they were looking for ...again..in the PDF and in the video.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by STACEFIVE View Post
    I feel like they babied us through the whole process. Seriously, I felt so pampered with the snacks/vendors, phone calls and the fact that they literally gave us the answers/ responses they were looking for (on the PFD and right before the interview!!!!!). I mean...seriously ..wow. I've taken over a dozen tests and this is the first time where I felt like I wasn't just a number/replaceable. Like they really care about the candidates well-being. That says a lot.
    By "literally giving us the answers" would be considered given an unfair advantage. Why can't you understand this would mean you've been given an unfair advantage over your male counter part?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSplinter View Post
    By "literally giving us the answers" would be considered given an unfair advantage. Why can't you understand this would mean you've been given an unfair advantage over your male counter part?
    I think you are misunderstanding my post. Or, I'm not understanding yours.
    "Why can't you understand this would mean you've been given an unfair advantage over your male counter part?" How has what I've typed so far given females an unfair advantage over their male counter-part? I think you have skipped over some of my posts following the posts of others.

Again, let me break down what I have typed...even further.
    Points being:
    The resources/info they have baby-fed us with the PDF, videos...etc...etc have made the hiring process amazingly accessible to people of all backgrounds. That means all of you....and I. With all their outreach efforts for this candidate pool, and the increased level of female applicants it is safe to assume that the more female applicants the more chance there will be for more females to score on the top.

EX: The if there were a bucket of just oranges...the chances of picking an orange is %100. When one throws in some apples..the chances of picking an orange is lowered.

No where did I state that females were given an advantage.

That aside...AGAIN, PDF and online resources which was available to ALL candidates and the video told us what they were looking for. I'm not sure if I can break this down even further.

Forum Member

*were available to all

Forum Member

Y'all must not have been paying attention in the video orientation before the interview if you didn't walk into that room knowing exactly what they wanted you to say. The woman even gave the main points they were looking for. And as for the leaked questions from two years ago, they may have changed the process since then but you still should've been using those as a guideline. Just because the process changed doesn't mean they aren't still looking for people who understand the importance of safety, teamwork, and learning.
    STACEFIVE likes this.

Forum Member

Simmer down guys lol
    STACEFIVE likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Recio30 View Post
    Simmer down guys lol
    Lol Da fudge is going on here?

Forum Member

Lol arrogance...pure arrogance

Forum Member

By the way it's "BREAK it down" not "BRAKE it down"people might actually take you more seriously if you can actually use the right word when you come in with that **** ***** attitude Hooah?!

Forum Member

"Cocky arse attitude"

Quote Originally Posted by Dame803 View Post
    By the way it's "BREAK it down" not "BRAKE it down"people might actually take you more seriously if you can actually use the right word when you come in with that **** ***** attitude Hooah?!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dame803 View Post
    "Cocky arse attitude"
    Minor spelling mistake. Not a big deal.

Forum Member

And no personal attacks please.

Forum Member

I feel like they babied us through the whole process. Seriously, I felt so pampered with the snacks/vendors, phone calls and the fact that they literally gave us the answers/ responses they were looking for (on the PFD and right before the interview!!!!!). I mean...seriously ..wow. I've taken over a dozen tests and this is the first time where I felt like I wasn't just a number/replaceable. Like they really care about the candidates well-being. That says a lot.
    While we're on the subject of spelling...It's PDF, not PFD. I'm just saying...

Forum Member

I don't understand how that would be considered arrogance when I considered that there must be a misunderstanding and my main objective was to clarify my point. Again, I also don't understand resorting to personal attacks and name calling. I digress. Good luck to you all.

Forum Member

I think you are misunderstanding my post. Or, I'm not understanding yours.
    "Why can't you understand this would mean you've been given an unfair advantage over your male counter part?" How has what I've typed so far given females an unfair advantage over their male counter-part? I think you have skipped over some of my posts following the posts of others.

Again, let me break down what I have typed...even further.
    Points being:
    The resources/info they have baby-fed us with the PDF, videos...etc...etc have made the hiring process amazingly accessible to people of all backgrounds. That means all of you....and I. With all their outreach efforts for this candidate pool, and the increased level of female applicants it is safe to assume that the more female applicants the more chance there will be for more females to score on the top.

EX: The if there were a bucket of just oranges...the chances of picking an orange is %100. When one throws in some apples..the chances of picking an orange is lowered.

No where did I state that females were given an advantage.

That aside...AGAIN, PDF and online resources which was available to ALL candidates and the video told us what they were looking for. I'm not sure if I can break this down even further.
    Btw, thanks for the lesson in probability...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSplinter View Post
    Btw, thanks for the lesson in probability...
    Hmm. I don't understand the hostility and bullying.

Look at it as this way- If we were in the academy together, and you weren't comprehending how the panel on an engine works or a ladder drill, or a search and rescue drill or maybe a make and break drill-If I were to break it down for you the way I did on here about the testing process, I do no feel I would be met with such hostility. I feel I would be met with someone who would appreciate the time and effort I took to explain whatever it was they needed clarification on or was not understanding. I feel like this is me being judged on something that some are misconstruing. If this were real life, and we were in the academy together, I would be doing the exact same thing because I'd have your back. I have done this during fire academies and not once have I been called arrogant. A lifesaver maybe, but not arrogant. As far as typos and spelling goes, one simply needs to refer to my other posts if they are doubting my credibility.

Again, I digress. AND again, I wish all luck.
    aloysiusjones likes this.

Forum Member

I think the fact that we all know that this process has a high possibility of being canned is getting under the skin lol

Forum Member

Stacefive one of the issues I see is that you are insinuating that females are smarter than males. I basing it off your statement that more female will be ranked higher than male because more females showed up. What does more females showing up have to do with anything? You are only basing it on the fact that they were there. I took offense to that and I'm sure some of the other guys did too. We don't know how we are going to be ranked and for you to state a female is going to be ranked higher than me because she was there is insulting. I'm not saying its not possible that females won't be ranked high, anything is possible. I just need more information besides they are going to be high on the list because they were there.

Forum Member

That's the way I took, now if that's what you meant is a different story.

Forum Member

Any guess on how much longer it will be before we get our scores back?.... I hope its no longer than mid august

Thread Information