Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Austin Fire Exam, May 23rd 2012

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Neano View Post
    Where did you hear Jan? Cause the email they sent out states March and May. Classes of 45-50. I am currently ranked in the top 30. Extremely excited that the process is moving again.
    I got the same email. January is impossible. They're not even doing the orientation until early December. I spoke with a guy from 975, he said they're filing an injunction, but dont think it'll be in time to interfere with these classes. I'm trying not to get my hopes up about this

Forum Member

Frosty did you get your next email after confirming you were still interested?

Forum Member

I got the email stating March/May academies as well.

Anyone know if there is plans for an out of state all-in-one process?

Forum Member

Im in! Pretty excited but crossing my fingers there is no hang ups. I havent recieved any email after confirming, if any of u do it would be cool if u posted that u did, just in case. I would hate to miss an email. Anyhow are any of u guys going to fire fit? Im not a small guy and have already passed a cpat but thought about going to meet some other candidates and maybe get some cardio.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrInternational View Post
    Im in! Pretty excited but crossing my fingers there is no hang ups. I havent recieved any email after confirming, if any of u do it would be cool if u posted that u did, just in case. I would hate to miss an email. Anyhow are any of u guys going to fire fit? Im not a small guy and have already passed a cpat but thought about going to meet some other candidates and maybe get some cardio.
    I received an email after I sent in my letter. This was it's contents:

Thank You

This email acknowledges AFD has received your signed and accepted Conditional Offer of Employment letter.

Also, I'd love to go to the Fire Fit program!! Unfortunately, I'm out of State :/ If you go, do you mind posting a typical workout routine you guys complete?

Forum Member

Thanks, if i go ill post the routine for you.

Forum Member

Frosty did you get your next email after confirming you were still interested?
    I did, I got the same message jprz.51 just posted after I accepted and returned the letter.
    Another interesting note, I heard from a friend today that they are actually taking roughly 120 from this list. I don't see how this is possible as the consent decree seems to state specifically that they can hire a max of 90, but she works there so maybe she knows something different.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jprz.51 View Post
    I got the email stating March/May academies as well.

Anyone know if there is plans for an out of state all-in-one process?
    I highly doubt it bro. I've never seen them do this, and the fact that they said that the process is on an extremely tight timeline and the academy starts in march tells me they don't really deal in tight timelines. I'm sure you're already planning on this, but if I was outside of ATX I'd probably schedule all dates as tightly together as possible and maybe just fly in for a couple days.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrInternational View Post
    I had the same thought. I would feel a little funny showing up at 6'4" 230, but if other big guys are going to go I'm down. Maybe we should start our own workout group? Did anyone go to the session yesterday at 6A or 6P? I was on shift

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by frostymug1001 View Post
    I highly doubt it bro. I've never seen them do this, and the fact that they said that the process is on an extremely tight timeline and the academy starts in march tells me they don't really deal in tight timelines. I'm sure you're already planning on this, but if I was outside of ATX I'd probably schedule all dates as tightly together as possible and maybe just fly in for a couple days.

That's too bad. I hope that at least they allow me to schedule everything in one week. I was already planning on staying for about a week.

anyone have any idea of when we will be hearing about the next steps?

Forum Member

That's too bad. I hope that at least they allow me to schedule everything in one week. I was already planning on staying for about a week.

anyone have any idea of when we will be hearing about the next steps?
    I'm assuming since none of us have recieved another email that they are going to wait till the Dec deadline to see how many replies they get. Then send out for the next round of testing.

Forum Member

I'm assuming since none of us have recieved another email that they are going to wait till the Dec deadline to see how many replies they get. Then send out for the next round of testing.
    It's amazing how I was able to wait so patiently for this process for over a year but have a difficult time now that it's moving on. haha.

Forum Member

I did, I got the same message jprz.51 just posted after I accepted and returned the letter.
    Another interesting note, I heard from a friend today that they are actually taking roughly 120 from this list. I don't see how this is possible as the consent decree seems to state specifically that they can hire a max of 90, but she works there so maybe she knows something different.
    If they are going to hire exactly 90 people, than they need look at more than 90
    Because some will be dropped along the way for various reasons

Forum Member

I had the same thought. I would feel a little funny showing up at 6'4" 230, but if other big guys are going to go I'm down. Maybe we should start our own workout group? Did anyone go to the session yesterday at 6A or 6P? I was on shift
    You mean they are going to discriminate against overweight and slow people???

Thought the Feds said no discrimination allowed?????

Forum Member

It's amazing how I was able to wait so patiently for this process for over a year but have a difficult time now that it's moving on. haha.
    Haha. I hear ya. I have been checking my email way too often.

Forum Member

Im 6'2" , so i feel ya about feeling funny going to a program designed for small candidates but yah im down to go or just workout anytime really. I work 7 to 2 so i would have to do the pm session. Anyhow PM me or hit me up here bro.

Thread Information