Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Austin Fire Exam, May 23rd 2012

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by austin fire 2015 coa View Post
    Good point. I'm sure there will also be a number of people who get DQ'd during the background investigation.
    I'm going to make my guess 0-3 people DQ'd in background check. That thing took like 5 minutes!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by frostymug1001 View Post
    Good question. Allow me to hypothesize. here's a little data to back up where I think the holes are. We have 2 lists on the current applicants page, ID#'s in ranked order to 150(technically longer but that's irrelevant), then an appointment list with 136 ID#'s in no particular order. If you cross-referenced the top 150 ID's on the master against the 136 ID's on the appointment list, as one would logically expect, there are 14 ID#'s missing. This suggests that they are the 14 who did not accept the letter for anyone not following me. Looking at the ranks of those ID#'s on the master should tell you the ranks that dropped. When I did it, here are the ranks I show to have dropped from the process: 7, 45, 47, 49, 53, 58, 65, 82, 97, 106, 115, 131, 143, 147. Anyone Higher than 98 will now be in the top 90. This makes sense in my head, but it is bro-science at it's best, so somebody let me know if this doesn't work.
    looks like I moved up 10 spots. Still just out of the 90s, but I think it may be time for me to take the leap and hope enough people fail the CPAT to move me up. I imagine that out of what's left, that is the biggest eliminator of candidates.

Forum Member

Not sure if I said this already but another 'guy who knows a guy' rumor I heard is that the running in the academy will be 4-6 miles a day. They don't have 45 treadmills, and the topography around Shaw Ln. is flatter than Lubbock, so I'd guess there are minimal hills involved. I met up with Mr. International yesterday and we ran the 3 mile loop at town lake and did some stair climbing. We're tentatively planning on another run Wednesday if anyone wants to hit the trail. I'll probably head to the firefit thing today at 6PM if I'm not too tired from whatever I end up doing today.

Forum Member

I'm going to make my guess 0-3 people DQ'd in background check. That thing took like 5 minutes!
    Does anyone know if we are supposed to receive some type of confirmation once we've completed the background check? If so, what type of confirmation should we expect? Thanks in advance.

Forum Member

Not sure if I said this already but another 'guy who knows a guy' rumor I heard is that the running in the academy will be 4-6 miles a day. They don't have 45 treadmills, and the topography around Shaw Ln. is flatter than Lubbock, so I'd guess there are minimal hills involved. I met up with Mr. International yesterday and we ran the 3 mile loop at town lake and did some stair climbing. We're tentatively planning on another run Wednesday if anyone wants to hit the trail. I'll probably head to the firefit thing today at 6PM if I'm not too tired from whatever I end up doing today.
    Frosty maybe During the Weekend of the first step, we can plan a little group run??

Additionally, in regards to the background, does anyone know if we will need to provide transcripts and if so, when? I have one copy of my transcripts but I'm about to begin backgrounds at a different department and am meeting with my BI in January so I don't know if I should order another set in anticipation of AFD requirements.

Forum Member

Does anyone know if we are supposed to receive some type of confirmation once we've completed the background check? If so, what type of confirmation should we expect? Thanks in advance.
    I didn't get any confirmation, but my Chief told me this morning that they called him. My buddy's Batt chief in Houston has already gotten a call, plus a few of his old jobs let him know that they called. Apparently they are not asking for any personal reference information, only verifying the info you listed. If you just want to make sure it went through, you could call employers that you're friendly with and see if they've heard anything.

Forum Member

how are the out of towners planning on completing their xray and labs?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jagui169 View Post
    how are the out of towners planning on completing their xray and labs?
    I'm going to stick around on Monday January 12 and get my X-ray and labs done in the morning before my flight leaves.

Forum Member

Do yall think its appropriate to call them to confirm the background went through?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by wrttx View Post
    Do yall think its appropriate to call them to confirm the background went through?
    I'm definitely going to call once I've completed mine. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and I can't imagine how disappointed I'd be if I were to be DQ'D bc it didn't go through for some odd reason.
    wrttx likes this.

Forum Member

I'm definitely going to call once I've completed mine. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and I can't imagine how disappointed I'd be if I were to be DQ'D bc it didn't go through for some odd reason.
    Youre right. Ill be calling them Monday

Forum Member

Most candidates from this point forward that fail are because of the psych interview with the dept psychologist. Some also due to medical reasons after seeing the dept dr.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagui169 View Post
    looks like I moved up 10 spots. Still just out of the 90s, but I think it may be time for me to take the leap and hope enough people fail the CPAT to move me up. I imagine that out of what's left, that is the biggest eliminator of candidates.

Forum Member

I emailed them at StatusRequest@quicksi.com to verify that they received my back ground check. They said that they did receive it, and that it would take several days before we received an email.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco146 View Post
    Most candidates from this point forward that fail are because of the psych interview with the dept psychologist. Some also due to medical reasons after seeing the dept dr.
    In your experience, does the dept kind of indicate how many candidates remain after each step of the pre-hire screening process, or is it a waiting game until the final eligibility list? I was surprised they told us the number who accepted conditionals (136 out of 150).

Forum Member

Normally waiting

Forum Member

Unfortunately no. No one really knows until all the steps are complete and you get that final email offering you a job.

Quote Originally Posted by wrttx View Post
    In your experience, does the dept kind of indicate how many candidates remain after each step of the pre-hire screening process, or is it a waiting game until the final eligibility list? I was surprised they told us the number who accepted conditionals (136 out of 150).

Forum Member

I received a copy of my background check in the email this morning. Nothing crazy, just criminal checks in counties, drivers license report, sex offender list check, and credit report. Moving on to the next steps now.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kl.thorpe View Post
    I received a copy of my background check in the email this morning. Nothing crazy, just criminal checks in counties, drivers license report, sex offender list check, and credit report. Moving on to the next steps now.
    I had to track down an old supervisor, so didn't submit mine for a few days. What kind of turnaround from submission to email confirmation did you get?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by antstar13 View Post
    I had to track down an old supervisor, so didn't submit mine for a few days. What kind of turnaround from submission to email confirmation did you get?
    I didn't receive an email confirmation after submitting . So , I emailed the company to confirm that they received my submitted information. They emailed me back that they had. I received a copy of the background check via email 6 days after completing it.

Forum Member

I got a copy of my background check via email a couple of days ago. Everyone looking forward to January 10/11??

Thread Information