Forum Member

Default Raton, NM Fire Department?

Anyone know anything about Raton, NM Fire Service thinking about applying for them. ANy help would be great.
    Thanks

Forum Member

One of my buddies in the department I volunteer at just a conditional offer and will be going through their academy in about two weeks. He got called a couple of days after he interviewed. So they might be fast tracking things.

It is just South of the Colorado border, serving around 7,000+ citizens if I am not mistaken. Wikipedia, department website, and a little bit of legwork on some research should give you some info. They might also be training recruits to become haz-mat techs, but don't hold me to that. Just hear-say.

Good luck!

Forum Member

Anyone else with any other information?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBox View Post
    Anyone know anything about Raton, NM Fire Service thinking about applying for them. ANy help would be great.
    Thanks
    I would suggest taking time and exploring the town after the written. They are about 3 1/2 to 4 hours away from Denver.

Forum Member

Why is that? Is Raton NM a bad city?? Anyone else with any other information please post

Forum Member

it can be a nice quiet town, it does have its share of "thugs" however like any city and drugs are seeming to become quite a problem there, I too however am thinking of applying there, for the most part its not a bad little town, not much to do, but not bad, not great. good luck if you choose to apply. and I do believe they have some hazmat training involved and you do need to be an emt as well. They have hired kids 1 or 2 years out of high school before though and trained them, I would assume its not a bad place to get a start at but personally I wouldnt want to live there for too long.
    Last edited by jamesh23; 10-15-2012 at 03:05 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jamesh23 View Post
    it can be a nice quiet town, it does have its share of "thugs" however like any city and drugs are seeming to become quite a problem there, I too however am thinking of applying there, for the most part its not a bad little town, not much to do, but not bad, not great. good luck if you choose to apply. and I do believe they have some hazmat training involved and you do need to be an emt as well. They have hired kids 1 or 2 years out of high school before though and trained them, I would assume its not a bad place to get a start at but personally I wouldnt want to live there for too long.
    Jamesh23-great post. Everything I wanted to say, but you got to it first! The town is a little too small for me, but for the right person could be a great fit!

Forum Member

I been reading other forum on here about the department, is it true they pay from 9-10 dollars an hr. anyone know????

Forum Member

ya I think they start at $8.50 or $9 and thanks FranckNBeans, its all true, and yea, little small for my liking to, wouldnt mind getting a start there though

Forum Member

K thanks man for everyone who posted. Has anyone worked for them before?
    Last edited by KnoxBox; 10-19-2012 at 10:24 PM.

Forum Member

Thanks for everyone who posted. good information here any one else with anything else about this department glad to post please do so. Thanks

Thread Information