Forum Member

Default SAFER v. AFG App

Is it only me, or is anybody else frustrated by the fact that the SAFER application modules are not consistent with the AFG application modules? Is it too much to ask to make the basic stuff line up between the applications? What's the point of breaking out false alarms v. good intent in the SAFER app but combining them in the AFG app? The list of basic inconsistencies goes on...

Here's a novel thought - if the modules were consistent, then perhaps applicants wouldn't have to re-enter basic information multiple times in a given application year?

Forum Member

As much as I enjoy copying information from one application to another or trying to match up items or re-run reports from the last grant - what you are saying does make perfect sense to me and probably most others. However, that is all the more reason that I don't see it happening.

Forum Member

Yea, that all sounds good, BUT, that would be to easy and it would make sense. We cant have that in goverment. What kind of world would that be.
    Jeff

Forum Member

Thanks WVFD and EMT6126. At least I know i'm not the only crazy one that thinks this way.

You've both helped turn my frustration this morning in bringing over info from AFG to SAFER for multiple apps into a bit of humor.

happy granting all!

MembersZone Subscriber

What a novel idea.......stream line the process. Push one button and all of the pertinent info from one application finds its way into the next. Nice and easy and simple. Right.....we are talking about the federal government. The same government that cannot correct the close out module.

Even better it could save $$$$$$ to expand the programs. That's right......it's the federal government.....saving $$$$$ is not an option.

Forum Member

If you think it's frustrating, think of how I feel having come from the software world and know how straightforward of a process it is to do that stuff. Most of the consulting projects I worked on was bringing up legacy applications to a new design while streamlining processes, did the same thing when doing in-house work at the last job on multi-continent MIS systems so the execs could see what was going on. Amazing what happens when common sense is applied to both front-end and back-end applications to ensure data integrity and accuracy.

After all, when you click a new app all the address and other information moves over, it's just reading fields from a database and populating text boxes, same process with different field names does the same thing for other parts of the application.... Even dropped the hint about their internal systems and how easy custom reports for their people would be to create....maybe one day I'll tool around DC and drop in to make some suggestions. Or maybe I'll just beat my head on my desk. One of those....

Forum Member

You have to remember :
    COMMON SENSE & Government do not mix.
    Just like water & oil.

Thread Information