Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to WI

Forum Member

Default New to WI

Hello everyone I have just moved to WI from OK. I was wanting to know where to get FF1 and FF2, I have no training that will transfer here. I have looked online but I am only finding academies and they are all at least two hours away.

Forum Member

Whereabouts in Wi are you living? Most of the technical colleges offer certifications along with an Assosciate program if you'd be interested. Try googling Wi Fire Service, and search around. Also it might be possible checking out some volunteer departments if you live out in the more rural areas, and they might be able to sponsor or put you through some classes on their expense.

Forum Member

I live in Ashland. I did apply to be a POC, but without EMT basic, which I am testing for soon, I don't think they will take me. I have looked into my local Vo Tech but I couldn't find anything and I haven't gotten a return call from the person I was suppose to talk to at the school. Thanks for your help.

Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Was your training in Oklahoma IFSAC approved? If so, a direct transfer is possible.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Thread Information