Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default seeking trade for Minitor II crystals/filters

Not sure if this post is appropriate to this forum. If not, I apologize and the FH gods can delete it.

We were recently given a lot of working Minitor IIs. A friend told us that if we can find crystals and filters that match our frequencies, he will donate his time to install and tune some of them. Anyone have recommendations on where to look for crystal/filter trades. Also if anyone is interested, PM me for our current pager surplus inventory sheet. Thx.

Forum Member

Unless your dispatch has gotten authority to page on wide band, those pagers will be no good after the switch to narrowbanding. Only Minitor 5's will work. At least that's what every radio person I've talked to has told me.

not true, more bs from the /\/\ salesman.
    Your wide band pagers will still work with the caveat that the signal strength will be reduced and the volume may be lower in areas that are already diminished signal strength.

Yes the v's are the only /\/\ pager that were designed to be narrowband.

That said, min II's are true dinosaur's that will be hard to get parts for.
    I just retired my min III that I've had since new 15 yrs ago. it finally died. not worth the cost to repair it.

Forum Member

So I really didn't need to trade in my Min IV for this worthless Min V, there's gonna be a lot of mad people in my area if that's the case......

Forum Member

Our County went narrowband a year and a half ago. Our Minitor III and IV pagers still work. Yes, the Minitor V is the only one that can be programmed for narrowband, but the others still receive the signal and alert. Same with scanners, they still work fine, only the volume is slightly lower. The real issue with narrowband conversion is in having transmitters capable of narrowband. So, changing to Minitor V's wasn't necessary.........

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HFD147 View Post
    Our County went narrowband a year and a half ago. Our Minitor III and IV pagers still work. Yes, the Minitor V is the only one that can be programmed for narrowband, but the others still receive the signal and alert. Same with scanners, they still work fine, only the volume is slightly lower. The real issue with narrowband conversion is in having transmitters capable of narrowband. So, changing to Minitor V's wasn't necessary.........
    Be careful when doing this. Everything will work just like you stated until the FCC allocates a frequency right next to your current channel. At this point all your pagers will have all sorts of issues.

Thread Information