Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Denver Health Paramedic

I want to move to Colorado and looking for a job. I am in a couple processes for fire departments but looking to get Denver sooner than later. I was thinking about starting at Denver Health as a paramedic.

Has anyone worked for them or currently work for them? What are your likes/dislikes? Is it a good company to work for? Pay, benefits, hours, etc?

Any help would be appreciated!

Forum Member

I haven't worked for them but know several people who do and I'm very familiar with EMS in the metro area.

DH (previously known as and often referred to as DG/Denver General) has a reputation as one of the better agencies to work for in the state as a straight medic. The pay is better than the other agencies in the area (excluding FD), many of which are private. Last I heard they do 12 hour shifts. You will probably very busy... they have very few buses considering the population they serve. Other agencies near Denver to look at are Thompson Valley EMS and AMR *Colorado Springs division*. One is on the north side of the metro area, the other south. They also have strong reputations.

Forum Member

Cool, thanks for the info Lucid. I've been mostly hearing they are a good company to work for. Keeping my fingers crossed I get a call back from them.

Forum Member

Best of luck to you! Colorado is awesome. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions about the area.

Forum Member

4 10's is the shift. Lot's of calls during sometimes averaging 8-12 a shift. They only take Medics with a ton of experience. Good Luck

Forum Member

Anyone know anything about the paramedic school that they run out of Denver Health? I'm thinking about applying, but since I am out of state I want to make sure it's a good program.

Forum Member

Denver Health and HealthONE are the best programs in Colorado. Both programs are more competitive to be accepted for that reason, so absolutely, you should apply! Denver Health also tends to favor hiring paramedics who went through their program and did well.

FFDOH63 - you might also check out the paramedic tech positions at the hospitals just as a back up (Denver Health, Swedish, Aurora South, St. Anthony - busy, main trauma hospitals). I frequently see job postings, but not sure how much experience they require. Did you check out Arvada Fire - think they are looking for paramedics, with FFI.

Forum Member

Thanks Elson I've applied at Arvada as well, just waiting for that process to start. I'll look into the other hospitals also.

Forum Member

Check out Cunningham Fire if you haven't already - just posted for paramedic firefighter - may need Colorado certs but I don't know your experience so it may work

Forum Member

Front Range Firefighter Candidates,
    Hopefully nobody gets too grumpy about the content of this post, but I wasn’t able to find a “For Sale” section in the forums. This thread is geographically specific to the front range and I'd prefer not to ship this. If you don’t like the content, just move on to the next post.

I am located in Colorado Springs and have available what I am calling a “Firefighter Candidates Kit”.
    It includes a lot of what you’ll need to get ready for or improve your candidacy and testing and interviewing process:

MIR Pro Weight Vest 50 lb. – Great for training for the CPAT. After using this to train for my CPAT’s I knocked a minute and a half off my time vs. putting a weight vest on for the first time at my first CPAT.

Captain Bob’s Gold Package – Includes:
    Captain Bob’s book Becoming a Firefighter----The Complete Guide to Your Badge!
    “It’s Your Turn in the Hot Seat” CD program
    “Conquer Job Interviews” CD Program
    “Conquer Job Interviews” DVD

Battalion Chief Paul Lepore 3 book package
    “Smoke Your Firefighter Interview”
    “Smoke Your Firefighter Written Exam”
    “The Aspiring Firefighter’s 2 Year Plan”

Norman Hall’s Firefighter Exam Preparation book 2nd Edition (2 copies)

ARCO Master the Firefighter Exam book 15th Edition

Everything together retails for over $350. My price for the package is $200. I don’t want to separate it out. I’d much rather sell as a complete “kit”.

Everything has been gently used and is much better off finding a candidate who needs it rather than sitting in a box in my garage.

Respond to this post with your email and I’ll send a photo of everything.

Thread Information