Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: The Little Birdy has whispered yet again.......

UOTE=FWDbuff;1341012]Not my Magic 8-Ball.....Little Birdy's......I use an Ouija Board.[/QUOTE]

Well.Both of them LIE!!!!!!!.Hehe

Oh contrare. IF you can get your hands on a FDNY Spec,you TOO may have a FDNY Engine. For a significant increase in price.The Mgf's(Most)will build to any spec as long as it's legal.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodbridge View Post
    What I am trying to say is that many departments will go out and purchase a certain make fire apparatus just because the F.D.N.Y. has awarded a bid , and runs that model engine !
    and those departments should be embarrassed....they obviously know little about FDNY and the trucks they get.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    and those departments should be embarrassed....they obviously know little about FDNY and the trucks they get.
    I have seen some departments go as far as trying to match the lettering, so there rigs will look like a F.D.N.Y apparatus. Who am I to judge anyone !!

Forum Member

Word is KME was awarded the bid! That's the word out of Nesquehoning,Pa today.

Forum Member

Red face New KME Orders

The City of Boston, just added a order for 3- rear mount 109' aerials and the City of Atlanta just ordered 7- engines and 3-TDA's !

Forum Member

That's good news for KME

The City of Boston, just added a order for 3- rear mount 109' aerials and the City of Atlanta just ordered 7- engines and 3-TDA's !
    Yep...low bid. I know many of the AFD guys...and they HATE the new engines, they also don't care for their new Pierce platforms either.

Quote Originally Posted by TFD-PIPEMAN View Post
    Word is KME was awarded the bid! That's the word out of Nesquehoning,Pa today.
    NEGATIVE. Little Birdy shook the Magic 8-Ball this afternoon. Magic 8-Ball said "The bids have all been validated (gone over by the bean counters and tech guys and verified as legitimate) however NO BIDS, I REPEAT NO BIDS HAVE BEEN AWARDED AS OF THIS TIME.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Little Birdy sent me an email about an hour ago. He said he was minding his own business, eating his lunch when all of a sudden the Magic 8-Ball fell off the shelf onto the floor and erupted into a ball of fire, screaming "THE CONTRACT WAS AWARDED TO KME THIS MORNING." and then Magic 8-Ball melted into a puddle of goo, and passed into the next world.
    Last edited by FWDbuff; 10-23-2012 at 02:29 PM.

Forum Member

WOW! What was the total price and how many engines?
    Last edited by ZMastr28; 10-23-2012 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMastr28 View Post
    WOW! What was the total price and how many engines?
    IIRC it was for 80+ add ons, and somewhere in the neighborhood of $100,000 cheaper than Seagrave and FFA's prices.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    NEGATIVE. Little Birdy shook the Magic 8-Ball this afternoon. Magic 8-Ball said "The bids have all been validated (gone over by the bean counters and tech guys and verified as legitimate) however NO BIDS, I REPEAT NO BIDS HAVE BEEN AWARDED AS OF THIS TIME.
    I figured there was something wrong with that 8 ball when you said Negative. LOL
    ZMastr28 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SCOOBY14B View Post
    Yep...low bid. I know many of the AFD guys...and they HATE the new engines, they also don't care for their new Pierce platforms either.
    Gwinnett didn't have a great experience with them either, but at least they are out of commercial cabs now.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Quote Originally Posted by GTRider245 View Post
    Gwinnett didn't have a great experience with them either, but at least they are out of commercial cabs now.
    Nope...back to SUTPHEN pumpers for us!!! First one is in production.

Forum Member

I give the owner of Kme Fire Apparatus credit for having the guts to go out and bid on 90 pumpers with a 5- year full warranty, I see that the giant coolaid plant and the beer can plant down in Florida did'nt have the nerve to even bid on the FDNY apparatus. I hope that everything works out well for the owners and employees of KME, this order should keep the company busy for the next 3- years without any layoffs ! It is nice to see a business from Pa, getting the work.
    ZMastr28 likes this.

I see that the giant coolaid plant and the beer can plant down in Florida did'nt have the nerve to even bid on the FDNY apparatus.
    Maybe because they are too smart? And as for Seagrave, they were $100,000 over because they have "been there, done that and knows how much it costs."

Forum Member

Ferarra was $100,000 higher than KME per truck; Seagrave was $200,000 higher than KME per truck. Utimately the successful bid was only $550,000 per truck over three years plus FDNY 5-year bumper-to-bumper warranty. Sure hope KME didn't underbid because they could lose their shirt; or if the product were to be unsatisfactory the contract could become void.

Forum Member

Is it possible that perhaps the pervious apparatus were over priced? I beleive KME will make out just fine on this deal, this is too big to fail for them! They have a very good record on the left coast with the largest fleet holding up just fine.

Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Yeah, um, never too big to fail sounds good until you look at GM and Chrysler. No one thought they would fail because they were so large. Too big to fail? That's what Elite Power Products thought when they got the Montgomery County contract. Yeah, guess what happened to them...

I no longer believe any company, no matter how big they are, or how numerous their orders is above failing in today's world. I wish KME well, I just hope they didn't bite off more than they can chew.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Thread Information