Like Tree30Likes

Thread: The Little Birdy has whispered yet again.......

  1. #1
    Forum Member
    FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,401

    Default The Little Birdy has whispered yet again.......

    ........into my ear, sweet nothings of the latest NYCDOP RFP for 90+ pumpers for FDNY:

    -Three year contract, approx 50 the first year, 35 the second year, and 5 the third year....

    -In ascending order cost-wise, the three bidders were:

    -KME
    -Ferrara
    -Seagrave

    And yes, the 5-year warranty still remains in the specifications and is still a sticking point.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  2. #2
    Forum Member
    FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    10,032

    Default

    Are these all 2000gpm pumpers too?
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

  3. #3
    Forum Member
    IronsMan53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Are these all 2000gpm pumpers too?
    Yes they are.
    I can't believe they actually pay me to do this!!!

    One friend noted yesterday that a fire officer only carries a flashlight, sometimes prompting grumbling from firefighters who have to lug tools and hoses.
    "The old saying is you never know how heavy that flashlight can become," the friend said.
    -from a tragic story posted on firefighterclosecalls.com

  4. #4
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    I really think people should get their facts straight before going off about something they don't have the slightest clue about!!!

    People's lives must be that boring that they feel the need to come on forums and spread NOT CORRECT information and speculation. I am sure no matter who gets the FDNY contract that that respective builder will issue a FACTUAL press release containing all the details of the bid award.

  5. #5
    Forum Member
    CaptOldTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1999
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pumper Guy View Post
    I really think people should get their facts straight before going off about something they don't have the slightest clue about!!!

    People's lives must be that boring that they feel the need to come on forums and spread NOT CORRECT information and speculation. I am sure no matter who gets the FDNY contract that that respective builder will issue a FACTUAL press release containing all the details of the bid award.






    Forget it, you aren't worth getting on.
    Last edited by CaptOldTimer; 02-28-2012 at 11:10 AM.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

    Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

  6. #6
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Forums are nothing new to me, I just usually refrain from posting. I have learned that people's opinions mean absolutly NOTHING to me come the end of the day. I answer to no one on here or any other forum. I was simply pointing out that people always seem to jump to conclusions and run their mouths without knowing even 1/4 of the facts.

    My 21 years in the fire service has been a very rewarding and safe experience and it has all be accomplished without air my dirty laundry on a forum. 1000's of posts doesn't make a good firefigher, training, dedication and desire make a good firefighter.

  7. #7
    MembersZone Subscriber
    jfTL41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    573

    Default

    I imagine that the birdies name is Facebook since you cut and pasted from a posting on there...
    Also NYC purchasing is done by DCAS not the Department of Probation (DOP).

  8. #8
    Forum Member
    FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jfTL41 View Post
    I imagine that the birdies name is Facebook since you cut and pasted from a posting on there...
    Also NYC purchasing is done by DCAS not the Department of Probation (DOP).
    I confirmed it first by calling an authority on FDNY apparatus, I am sure you can figure out whom that is. And I thought it was the "Dept of Procurement" my apologies.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  9. #9
    Forum Member
    FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pumper Guy View Post
    I really think people should get their facts straight before going off about something they don't have the slightest clue about!!!
    Enlighten us- what exactly is inaccurate?
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  10. #10
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    You tell me what is innaccurate, you seem to be the one who has secret "authorities" that know everything. Can you point me in the direction of an official document from teh FDNY?? Pehaps then we all can review the entire proposal.

  11. #11
    Forum Member
    IronsMan53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pumper Guy View Post
    You tell me what is innaccurate, you seem to be the one who has secret "authorities" that know everything. Can you point me in the direction of an official document from teh FDNY?? Pehaps then we all can review the entire proposal.
    I can't speak for FWD, but I saw the exact same info posted in another forum by a member who has an extensive history of being SPOT ON when it comes to FDNY's apparatus issues.
    I can't believe they actually pay me to do this!!!

    One friend noted yesterday that a fire officer only carries a flashlight, sometimes prompting grumbling from firefighters who have to lug tools and hoses.
    "The old saying is you never know how heavy that flashlight can become," the friend said.
    -from a tragic story posted on firefighterclosecalls.com

  12. #12
    Let's talk fire trucks!
    BoxAlarm187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pumper Guy View Post
    I really think people should get their facts straight before going off about something they don't have the slightest clue about!!!

    People's lives must be that boring that they feel the need to come on forums and spread NOT CORRECT information and speculation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumper Guy View Post
    You tell me what is innaccurate, you seem to be the one who has secret "authorities" that know everything.
    So is the OP's post inaccurate or not?
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer


    Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

  13. #13
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    I would just like to see some sort of official document or press release. Nobody seems to be able to provide that. I keep hearing the same story....."info was posted on another forum...blah blah blah." Where is the proof??

    The point is that people love to post inaccurate information just to see what kind of reaction they get. That is not fair the the City of New York, the firefighters or the apparatus manufacturers.

  14. #14
    Forum Member
    GTRider245's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Augusta,GA
    Posts
    3,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pumper Guy View Post
    I would just like to see some sort of official document or press release. Nobody seems to be able to provide that. I keep hearing the same story....."info was posted on another forum...blah blah blah." Where is the proof??

    The point is that people love to post inaccurate information just to see what kind of reaction they get. That is not fair the the City of New York, the firefighters or the apparatus manufacturers.
    Actually the point is that you keep avoiding the question of whether or not your accusation of his information being factual is itself in fact correct.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

    -Professional in Either Role-

    Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

  15. #15
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Time will tell.......

  16. #16
    Forum Member
    FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,401

    Default

    Cut-and-pasted directly from the New York City Firefighter Brotherhood Foundation's Facebook Page

    "The bidding procedure for a new Three Year Requirement Contract order to build 2000 gpm pumpers for the FDNY, took place on Wednesday, February 22d. The total for the three year contract will be for 91 pumpers - 38 for the first year, 48 for the second year and 5 for the third year. The three firms bidding, in ascending order of price were KME, Ferrara and Seagrave. It will probably be a few weeks, while specification exceptions and other factors are examined, before a contract is actually awarded. A major part of the actual contract is the five year warranty required by FDNY. When this order is completed, FDNY will be able to replace all of their remaining 2002, 2003 and 2004 regular Seagrave 1000 gpm pumpers still in first line service. Previous contracts have been awarded recently to Seagrave for the building of seven 2000 gpm high-pressure pumpers and seven 1000 gpm rescue-pumpers (Squads)"

    Quote Originally Posted by Pumper Guy View Post
    That is not fair the the City of New York, the firefighters or the apparatus manufacturers.
    I'm sorry, I didn't realize it was such an emotional ordeal for you, perhaps you might find some benefit from some psychiatric counseling?
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  17. #17
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northeast Coast
    Posts
    3,862

    Default

    If you don't like rumors I'd suggest staying away from any forums. If we're to only report official findings of fact, the number of threads would drop dramatically. Even if FWD's info was way of base (rarely the case) it shouldn't have any effect on anyone. You certainly seem to have exposed yourself as a sore bidder or tied into one. For what it's worth,, the same info was also posted in another forum I visit, after a post regarding Seagrave getting the bid for the new FDNY Squads.

  18. #18
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Cut-and-pasted directly from the New York City Firefighter Brotherhood Foundation's Facebook Page

    "The bidding procedure for a new Three Year Requirement Contract order to build 2000 gpm pumpers for the FDNY, took place on Wednesday, February 22d. The total for the three year contract will be for 91 pumpers - 38 for the first year, 48 for the second year and 5 for the third year. The three firms bidding, in ascending order of price were KME, Ferrara and Seagrave. It will probably be a few weeks, while specification exceptions and other factors are examined, before a contract is actually awarded. A major part of the actual contract is the five year warranty required by FDNY. When this order is completed, FDNY will be able to replace all of their remaining 2002, 2003 and 2004 regular Seagrave 1000 gpm pumpers still in first line service. Previous contracts have been awarded recently to Seagrave for the building of seven 2000 gpm high-pressure pumpers and seven 1000 gpm rescue-pumpers (Squads)"



    I'm sorry, I didn't realize it was such an emotional ordeal for you, perhaps you might find some benefit from some psychiatric counseling?
    You think that a charitable non-profit organization's Facebook account is a "official" FDNY source?? Get a grip!!

  19. #19
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RFDACM02 View Post
    If you don't like rumors I'd suggest staying away from any forums. If we're to only report official findings of fact, the number of threads would drop dramatically. Even if FWD's info was way of base (rarely the case) it shouldn't have any effect on anyone. You certainly seem to have exposed yourself as a sore bidder or tied into one. For what it's worth,, the same info was also posted in another forum I visit, after a post regarding Seagrave getting the bid for the new FDNY Squads.
    I have ZERO affliation with the FDNY or any manufacturer for your information. However now I will follow this matter to see who wins the bid and what the true facts are. Then I will come back here and see what all the "know it alls" have to say.

  20. #20
    Let's talk fire trucks!
    BoxAlarm187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,312

    Default

    Edited...question answered...
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer


    Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

  21. #21
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
    PumperGuy, are we to assume you work for one of the manufacturers?

    Not even close.

  22. #22
    Let's talk fire trucks!
    BoxAlarm187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pumper Guy View Post
    However now I will follow this matter to see who wins the bid and what the true facts are. Then I will come back here and see what all the "know it alls" have to say.
    I'm still not understanding what you have your underwear in a bunch about. There were three bid submissions, and they were made public. None of us are foolish enough to think that the lowest bidder always wins, especially in the FDNY, where the bids are deeply evaluated for their compliance with the specifications.

    I'm also intrigued that you say you've been a lurker here for a long time, and now make multiple posts about this very subject after never posting before. What's your beef with this issue?
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer


    Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

  23. #23
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Guess Im curious too as to who whipped you in the *** with a twig. All he posted was that a bid process took place with 3 bidders to potentially be awarded a contract. So my question to you, since your going to follow this so closely now, is if your willing to back up your drivel and eat some crow publically should one of the three manufacturers mentioned is in fact awarded the contract? If a fouth, seemingly unknown manufacturer swoops in out of thin air and wins it, I can see your point. But right now, no offense, you look and sound like a total moron. Just sayin.

  24. #24
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northeast Coast
    Posts
    3,862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pumper Guy View Post
    I really think people should get their facts straight before going off about something they don't have the slightest clue about!!!

    People's lives must be that boring that they feel the need to come on forums and spread NOT CORRECT information and speculation. I am sure no matter who gets the FDNY contract that that respective builder will issue a FACTUAL press release containing all the details of the bid award.
    Your original post certainly indicated to me you have some sort of stake in this, regardless of what you say now. In this OP you are pretty certain FWD's info is NOT CORRECT, but have yet to provide anything to the contrary. The fact you felt the need to post this OP using three exclamation points at the end of the first paragraph and typing the NOT CORRECT in all caps contradicts nearly every other post you've made. I can say that I doubt most of us care what you find and bring back today, tomorrow or ever given your stellar entrance.

  25. #25
    Forum Member
    IronsMan53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RFDACM02 View Post
    Your original post certainly indicated to me you have some sort of stake in this, regardless of what you say now. In this OP you are pretty certain FWD's info is NOT CORRECT, but have yet to provide anything to the contrary. The fact you felt the need to post this OP using three exclamation points at the end of the first paragraph and typing the NOT CORRECT in all caps contradicts nearly every other post you've made. I can say that I doubt most of us care what you find and bring back today, tomorrow or ever given your stellar entrance.
    He got his panties in a wad because some guys on an internet forum knew more than he did.
    I can't believe they actually pay me to do this!!!

    One friend noted yesterday that a fire officer only carries a flashlight, sometimes prompting grumbling from firefighters who have to lug tools and hoses.
    "The old saying is you never know how heavy that flashlight can become," the friend said.
    -from a tragic story posted on firefighterclosecalls.com

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Bridgeton, Maine: A little birdy told me......
    By FWDbuff in forum Apparatus Innovation
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-08-2010, 05:16 PM
  2. A Little Birdy Told Me This Morning
    By MalahatTwo7 in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-05-2006, 12:14 PM
  3. A Little Birdy Told Me Da Rev
    By MalahatTwo7 in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-16-2003, 07:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register