Like Tree30Likes

Thread: The Little Birdy has whispered yet again.......

Forum Member

Default The Little Birdy has whispered yet again.......

........into my ear, sweet nothings of the latest NYCDOP RFP for 90+ pumpers for FDNY:

-Three year contract, approx 50 the first year, 35 the second year, and 5 the third year....

-In ascending order cost-wise, the three bidders were:

-KME
    -Ferrara
    -Seagrave

And yes, the 5-year warranty still remains in the specifications and is still a sticking point.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Are these all 2000gpm pumpers too?
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Are these all 2000gpm pumpers too?
    Yes they are.
    I can't believe they actually pay me to do this!!!

One friend noted yesterday that a fire officer only carries a flashlight, sometimes prompting grumbling from firefighters who have to lug tools and hoses.
    "The old saying is you never know how heavy that flashlight can become," the friend said.
    -from a tragic story posted on firefighterclosecalls.com

Forum Member

I really think people should get their facts straight before going off about something they don't have the slightest clue about!!!

People's lives must be that boring that they feel the need to come on forums and spread NOT CORRECT information and speculation. I am sure no matter who gets the FDNY contract that that respective builder will issue a FACTUAL press release containing all the details of the bid award.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pumper Guy View Post
    I really think people should get their facts straight before going off about something they don't have the slightest clue about!!!

People's lives must be that boring that they feel the need to come on forums and spread NOT CORRECT information and speculation. I am sure no matter who gets the FDNY contract that that respective builder will issue a FACTUAL press release containing all the details of the bid award.

Forget it, you aren't worth getting on.
    Last edited by CaptOldTimer; 02-28-2012 at 11:10 AM.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Forums are nothing new to me, I just usually refrain from posting. I have learned that people's opinions mean absolutly NOTHING to me come the end of the day. I answer to no one on here or any other forum. I was simply pointing out that people always seem to jump to conclusions and run their mouths without knowing even 1/4 of the facts.

My 21 years in the fire service has been a very rewarding and safe experience and it has all be accomplished without air my dirty laundry on a forum. 1000's of posts doesn't make a good firefigher, training, dedication and desire make a good firefighter.

MembersZone Subscriber

I imagine that the birdies name is Facebook since you cut and pasted from a posting on there...
    Also NYC purchasing is done by DCAS not the Department of Probation (DOP).

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jfTL41 View Post
    I imagine that the birdies name is Facebook since you cut and pasted from a posting on there...
    Also NYC purchasing is done by DCAS not the Department of Probation (DOP).
    I confirmed it first by calling an authority on FDNY apparatus, I am sure you can figure out whom that is. And I thought it was the "Dept of Procurement" my apologies.

Forum Member

Enlighten us- what exactly is inaccurate?

Forum Member

You tell me what is innaccurate, you seem to be the one who has secret "authorities" that know everything. Can you point me in the direction of an official document from teh FDNY?? Pehaps then we all can review the entire proposal.

Forum Member

You tell me what is innaccurate, you seem to be the one who has secret "authorities" that know everything. Can you point me in the direction of an official document from teh FDNY?? Pehaps then we all can review the entire proposal.
    I can't speak for FWD, but I saw the exact same info posted in another forum by a member who has an extensive history of being SPOT ON when it comes to FDNY's apparatus issues.

One friend noted yesterday that a fire officer only carries a flashlight, sometimes prompting grumbling from firefighters who have to lug tools and hoses.
    "The old saying is you never know how heavy that flashlight can become," the friend said.

Let's talk fire trucks!

People's lives must be that boring that they feel the need to come on forums and spread NOT CORRECT information and speculation.
    You tell me what is innaccurate, you seem to be the one who has secret "authorities" that know everything.
    So is the OP's post inaccurate or not?
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Forum Member

I would just like to see some sort of official document or press release. Nobody seems to be able to provide that. I keep hearing the same story....."info was posted on another forum...blah blah blah." Where is the proof??

The point is that people love to post inaccurate information just to see what kind of reaction they get. That is not fair the the City of New York, the firefighters or the apparatus manufacturers.

Forum Member

I would just like to see some sort of official document or press release. Nobody seems to be able to provide that. I keep hearing the same story....."info was posted on another forum...blah blah blah." Where is the proof??

The point is that people love to post inaccurate information just to see what kind of reaction they get. That is not fair the the City of New York, the firefighters or the apparatus manufacturers.
    Actually the point is that you keep avoiding the question of whether or not your accusation of his information being factual is itself in fact correct.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Forum Member

Time will tell.......

Forum Member

Cut-and-pasted directly from the New York City Firefighter Brotherhood Foundation's Facebook Page

"The bidding procedure for a new Three Year Requirement Contract order to build 2000 gpm pumpers for the FDNY, took place on Wednesday, February 22d. The total for the three year contract will be for 91 pumpers - 38 for the first year, 48 for the second year and 5 for the third year. The three firms bidding, in ascending order of price were KME, Ferrara and Seagrave. It will probably be a few weeks, while specification exceptions and other factors are examined, before a contract is actually awarded. A major part of the actual contract is the five year warranty required by FDNY. When this order is completed, FDNY will be able to replace all of their remaining 2002, 2003 and 2004 regular Seagrave 1000 gpm pumpers still in first line service. Previous contracts have been awarded recently to Seagrave for the building of seven 2000 gpm high-pressure pumpers and seven 1000 gpm rescue-pumpers (Squads)"

That is not fair the the City of New York, the firefighters or the apparatus manufacturers.
    I'm sorry, I didn't realize it was such an emotional ordeal for you, perhaps you might find some benefit from some psychiatric counseling?

MembersZone Subscriber

If you don't like rumors I'd suggest staying away from any forums. If we're to only report official findings of fact, the number of threads would drop dramatically. Even if FWD's info was way of base (rarely the case) it shouldn't have any effect on anyone. You certainly seem to have exposed yourself as a sore bidder or tied into one. For what it's worth,, the same info was also posted in another forum I visit, after a post regarding Seagrave getting the bid for the new FDNY Squads.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Cut-and-pasted directly from the New York City Firefighter Brotherhood Foundation's Facebook Page

"The bidding procedure for a new Three Year Requirement Contract order to build 2000 gpm pumpers for the FDNY, took place on Wednesday, February 22d. The total for the three year contract will be for 91 pumpers - 38 for the first year, 48 for the second year and 5 for the third year. The three firms bidding, in ascending order of price were KME, Ferrara and Seagrave. It will probably be a few weeks, while specification exceptions and other factors are examined, before a contract is actually awarded. A major part of the actual contract is the five year warranty required by FDNY. When this order is completed, FDNY will be able to replace all of their remaining 2002, 2003 and 2004 regular Seagrave 1000 gpm pumpers still in first line service. Previous contracts have been awarded recently to Seagrave for the building of seven 2000 gpm high-pressure pumpers and seven 1000 gpm rescue-pumpers (Squads)"

I'm sorry, I didn't realize it was such an emotional ordeal for you, perhaps you might find some benefit from some psychiatric counseling?
    You think that a charitable non-profit organization's Facebook account is a "official" FDNY source?? Get a grip!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RFDACM02 View Post
    If you don't like rumors I'd suggest staying away from any forums. If we're to only report official findings of fact, the number of threads would drop dramatically. Even if FWD's info was way of base (rarely the case) it shouldn't have any effect on anyone. You certainly seem to have exposed yourself as a sore bidder or tied into one. For what it's worth,, the same info was also posted in another forum I visit, after a post regarding Seagrave getting the bid for the new FDNY Squads.
    I have ZERO affliation with the FDNY or any manufacturer for your information. However now I will follow this matter to see who wins the bid and what the true facts are. Then I will come back here and see what all the "know it alls" have to say.

Let's talk fire trucks!

Edited...question answered...
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
    PumperGuy, are we to assume you work for one of the manufacturers?

Not even close.

Let's talk fire trucks!

However now I will follow this matter to see who wins the bid and what the true facts are. Then I will come back here and see what all the "know it alls" have to say.
    I'm still not understanding what you have your underwear in a bunch about. There were three bid submissions, and they were made public. None of us are foolish enough to think that the lowest bidder always wins, especially in the FDNY, where the bids are deeply evaluated for their compliance with the specifications.

I'm also intrigued that you say you've been a lurker here for a long time, and now make multiple posts about this very subject after never posting before. What's your beef with this issue?
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Forum Member

Guess Im curious too as to who whipped you in the *** with a twig. All he posted was that a bid process took place with 3 bidders to potentially be awarded a contract. So my question to you, since your going to follow this so closely now, is if your willing to back up your drivel and eat some crow publically should one of the three manufacturers mentioned is in fact awarded the contract? If a fouth, seemingly unknown manufacturer swoops in out of thin air and wins it, I can see your point. But right now, no offense, you look and sound like a total moron. Just sayin.

MembersZone Subscriber

Your original post certainly indicated to me you have some sort of stake in this, regardless of what you say now. In this OP you are pretty certain FWD's info is NOT CORRECT, but have yet to provide anything to the contrary. The fact you felt the need to post this OP using three exclamation points at the end of the first paragraph and typing the NOT CORRECT in all caps contradicts nearly every other post you've made. I can say that I doubt most of us care what you find and bring back today, tomorrow or ever given your stellar entrance.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RFDACM02 View Post
    Your original post certainly indicated to me you have some sort of stake in this, regardless of what you say now. In this OP you are pretty certain FWD's info is NOT CORRECT, but have yet to provide anything to the contrary. The fact you felt the need to post this OP using three exclamation points at the end of the first paragraph and typing the NOT CORRECT in all caps contradicts nearly every other post you've made. I can say that I doubt most of us care what you find and bring back today, tomorrow or ever given your stellar entrance.
    He got his panties in a wad because some guys on an internet forum knew more than he did.

Thread Information