Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Smile AFG Statistics as of Round 12

Congrats to all of the winners this week.

Appropriation for 2011:

Total: $345,746,980
    OPS: $259,310,235
    VEH: $86,436,745

Awards Round 12:

OPS: 73 awards......$12,076,285
    VEH: 10 awards……$3,534,826

Total Awards To Date:

1392 awards: $279,240,863

Breakdown:

OPS: 1106 awards......$204,388,653
    VEH: 286 awards.......$74,852,210

Funds Remaining:

OPS: $54,921,582 (21%)
    VEH: $11,584,535 (13%)

Average Award:

OPS: $184,800
    VEH: $261,721

Estimated Awards Remaining:

OPS: 297
    VEH: 44

Average Awards/Round:

Estimated Rounds Remaining:

MembersZone Subscriber

This weeks award list is already posted on the AFG website.

they must have took it down, Good job on being quick. Hope they start hitting WV soon only 10 awards for a total of 800,000 in WV.

Ohio - 20mil
    Pa - 19mil
    WV - 5mil

so far this year
    Ohio - 18mil
    Pa - 20Mil
    WV - 800K

Where's The Beef?
    John & Sheila
    McMechen Volunteer Fire Department
    "Always Ready Always Faithful"

www.mcmechenvfd.com
    jdavis@mcmechenvfd.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by McMechen VFD View Post
    they must have took it down, Good job on being quick. Hope they start hitting WV soon only 10 awards for a total of 800,000 in WV.

Ohio - 20mil
    Pa - 19mil
    WV - 5mil

so far this year
    Ohio - 18mil
    Pa - 20Mil
    WV - 800K

Where's The Beef?
    I certainly feel your pain up here in NH. We have had 9 Awards this year for less than 800K and the previous few years have not been kind either

I guess i should have said where the pork? Missing Byrd that's for sure
    John & Sheila
    McMechen Volunteer Fire Department
    "Always Ready Always Faithful"

www.mcmechenvfd.com
    jdavis@mcmechenvfd.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Ronmedic View Post
    I certainly feel your pain up here in NH. We have had 9 Awards this year for less than 800K and the previous few years have not been kind either
    Ron, All as I can say is get educated! For the past 4 years Kurt Bradly has come to NH for a two day grant writing class. He is coming back to Epping NH in April. 4 out of the 11 NH awards are to former students of Kurt Bradley. I myself have been awarded 3 AFG, 1 Fire Station and 1 SAFER. I think it is worth the $350.00 bucks for the class.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mwtetreault View Post
    Ron, All as I can say is get educated! For the past 4 years Kurt Bradly has come to NH for a two day grant writing class. He is coming back to Epping NH in April. 4 out of the 11 NH awards are to former students of Kurt Bradley. I myself have been awarded 3 AFG, 1 Fire Station and 1 SAFER. I think it is worth the $350.00 bucks for the class.
    Mark,

Just as a reminder, I was at the class in our station on December 5th, and I do agree about the value of the grants class. I am actually in peer review right now, but still expect my DJ this year. After reviewing this year's AFG grant that I submitted prior to the class on the phone with Kurt, I still feel the same way about the whole AFG process. I do feel that there is something else at work and it is not just the application information as the deciding factor. I know a couple chief's who have taken the class too that have been unsuccessful as well. With more detailed knowledge for the 2012 grant I am hoping to fare better in 2012 but the meat of the grant app will be the same as previous years.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mwtetreault View Post
    Mark,

Just as a reminder, I was at the class in our station on December 5th, and I do agree about the value of the grants class. I am actually in peer review right now, but still expect my DJ this year. After reviewing this year's AFG grant that I submitted prior to the class on the phone with Kurt, I still feel the same way about the whole AFG process. I do feel that there is something else at work and it is not just the application information as the deciding factor. I know a couple chief's who have taken the class too that have been unsuccessful as well. With more detailed knowledge for the 2012 grant I am hoping to fare better in 2012 but the meat of the grant app will be the same as previous years.

Mark,

Ron you are right that there were other factors at work here this year besides just what was presented in the application. Some of my conversations with AFG confirm that. Suffice it to say that there were some lessons to be learned this year and applied for this coming years applicaton period and also some course corrections needed from AFG which we have been told will occur also.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

Kurt,

Well we finally got some movement on the homefront. We actually had the department membership show up at the town meeting a couple weeks ago in their torn and tattered turnout gear to show the town what we will be fighting fires in. Not much movement but there is a pettitioned article up for vote for half of the department getting new gear. It is pettitioned so it does not have the support of the board or budget comm but it may pass and help out some of us. I am just very frustrated with the way this year seems to be a complete turn away from basic firefighting gear and has been twisted into a shopping cart. There are still a lot of repeat winners this year even with the 11,000 computer DJ's, for what I look on as not basic firefighting gear for which the original intent of this program was all about. It now reeks of pork barrel politics at its best!!

When you come up for the Epping class, why don't I swing over and pick you up and we can go get some great clam chowder at Petey's summertime seafood?

Kurt,

Well we finally got some movement on the homefront. We actually had the department membership show up at the town meeting a couple weeks ago in their torn and tattered turnout gear to show the town what we will be fighting fires in. Not much movement but there is a pettitioned article up for vote for half of the department getting new gear. It is pettitioned so it does not have the support of the board or budget comm but it may pass and help out some of us. I am just very frustrated with the way this year seems to be a complete turn away from basic firefighting gear and has been twisted into a shopping cart. There are still a lot of repeat winners this year even with the 11,000 computer DJ's, for what I look on as not basic firefighting gear for which the original intent of this program was all about. It now reeks of pork barrel politics at its best!!

When you come up for the Epping class, why don't I swing over and pick you up and we can go get some great clam chowder at Petey's summertime seafood?
    Ron you are not the only one in that boat. I have at least three other clients, besides you, with extraordinary need and although they have all made it to peer, I am holding out little hope at this point that they are going to get funded. There are a number of things at work here which none of us can control and sometimes Ron the cards, just plain and simple, don't get dealt in our favor. Having to try several times for something is not that unusual in this program and I am quite sure that your application, adjusted for this years's numbers etc. will probablay get funded come next yea,r if submitted again. I'll take you up on that Clam Chowder when I get up there.
    Kurt Bradley

too bad they have to import clams to make their chowda from Maine.

Quote Originally Posted by islandfire03 View Post
    too bad they have to import clams to make their chowda from Maine.
    Oh now don' think you are getting off the hook there Ed. I most assuredly plan on making my way up your direction also. You have been tempting me for years now and this time I am going to take you up on it.
    Kurt Bradley

Thread Information