Forum Member

Default newbie looking to find 650 pairs of used fire boots a home.

Hi
    I am new to this forum. I am trying to solve a problem
    I have 700 pairs of condemned ranger fire boots. Most are still in great condition. Instead of selling them a few at a time to the cement guys or to individuals at the swapmeet Id rather help the foreign fire departments that still fight fires in inappropriate protective devises like slippers etc. I know Philippines could use some help but not sure how to contact them. I wanted to know if anyone on this forum has leads to contacting a in need fire department. preferable in the pacific region
    here are some images
    http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/25130...boots?h=553c90
    thanks

Forum Member

Hello Bosuck

Ok, I don't know if you will see this or not, but I may be able to help you.
    The first thing to do is
    1- know your target, in this case you have proposed the Philippines (I would suggest Peru or some other Latin american country - It's easier)
    2- Once you have a list with 2 or 3 options, find the location of the nearest Embassy or Consulate of the target country (This way you might be given access to the diplomatic pouch to get them to your target)
    3- Get info on the state of the equipment of said firefighting forces by contacting them directly (if there is a national organization of some kind they will know - you do this in cooperation ALWAYS with the local government)
    4- Once some kind of arragement has been made you'll have to get them to the collect point and say bye bye boots.

It will be different whether its a donation or if you get something from it (In the case of donation you might get expenses coverage, and the use of military transportation under humanitarian aid of some sort) If you are selling them probably some other arragement might be needed and the local government might still help with some things.

Hope that helps and if you need help coordinating this I'd be happy to help, there are indeed alot of stuff that doesn't get a second life and they could, if not there someplace else, it's a Big World out there Regards __Joe
    Last edited by Joe FShield+; 05-24-2012 at 01:38 PM.

Forum Member

Hi Bosuck

Did you find an outlet for your boots? If any are for sale, I would be interested in a fairly large quanity of just the large sizes 12 and above. In any condition. I'm in Indiana, Jerry ph 765-661-1100

MembersZone Subscriber

I was wondering if you had found a home for all of your boots. We are in need of just a few pair of smaller size for a couple of our junior members. You can email me at movillevfd@wiatel.net if you still have some, thanks.

Thread Information