Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Some help needed, please.

Hi, This request is a shot in the dark and only indirectly connected to your profession. I am hoping that someone amongst you, either an operator or a maintenance person, can help with a problem I`m experiencing.

I`m in the process of building a 1:24th scale model skylift platform ( the fire service Bronto) and have come to a grinding halt with the construction of the boom knuckle joint. Although I have researched loads of photos and videos - none actually show how it physically moves (one ram or two, etc).

I wonder if anyone can please throw some light onto the problem?

Many Thanks Jim.

(by `knuckle` joint, I mean the one at the top end of the telescopic sections that connects with the cage carrying section).

Quote Originally Posted by Stuckontrucks View Post
    Hi, This request is a shot in the dark and only indirectly connected to your profession. I am hoping that someone amongst you, either an operator or a maintenance person, can help with a problem I`m experiencing.

I`m in the process of building a 1:24th scale model skylift platform ( the fire service Bronto) and have come to a grinding halt with the construction of the boom knuckle joint. Although I have researched loads of photos and videos - none actually show how it physically moves (one ram or two, etc).

I wonder if anyone can please throw some light onto the problem?

Many Thanks Jim.

(by `knuckle` joint, I mean the one at the top end of the telescopic sections that connects with the cage carrying section).
    I assume you have already thought of going to see one in person.....

I think E-One owns Bronto....Have you called someone there and asked for a set of basic blueprints showing the knuckle; hopefully they are not "industrial secrets." I have done this before as a model builder myself and the builder was more than happy to help me out.....
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Hi Thank you for your reply.
    I live in a small town and our local fire station only supports two standard fire tenders. I have however spoken to a friend (ex British fire service) since making my original posting and he `thinks` that he `may` be able to get sight of a Bronto service manual. We can only live in hope.

Thread Information