1. #1
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    20

  2. #2
    Forum Member
    SFD_E73_RET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    KC area
    Posts
    303

    Default

    That sucks, hopefully most can retire.
    Last edited by SFD_E73_RET; 03-06-2012 at 09:04 AM.

  3. #3
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,035

    Default

    at least its not going to China or Mexico
    ?

  4. #4
    Forum Member
    FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,406

    Default

    This is actually not surprising as much of their operation has been down there already for quite a while. Conshy is in our county, and also where our county fire school is........I dont think their casting plant has been used in 10+ years.......
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  5. #5
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bryn Athyn, Pa.
    Posts
    1,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slackjawedyokel View Post
    at least its not going to China or Mexico
    I understand that they have been getting many of their castings from China for some years.

  6. #6
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chiefengineer11 View Post
    I understand that they have been getting many of their castings from China for some years.

    Interesting, Any idea if Waterous or Darley are still casting their own pumps and parts in the USA?

  7. #7
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chiefengineer11 View Post
    I understand that they have been getting many of their castings from China for some years.
    No kidding? Damn -gonna have to research our next pump (apparatus) purchase. I always prefered a Hale pump - but I will purchase a waterous or Darley if that is true.
    ?

  8. #8
    Let's talk fire trucks!
    BoxAlarm187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TFD-PIPEMAN View Post
    Interesting, Any idea if Waterous or Darley are still casting their own pumps and parts in the USA?
    To the best of my knowledge, Waterous continues to cast their own. I'm not sure about Darley.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer


    Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

  9. #9
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bryn Athyn, Pa.
    Posts
    1,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, Waterous continues to cast their own. I'm not sure about Darley.
    When I went to Waterous' school six or seven years ago, they said they were getting all of their castings from foundries in the region.

    I have no knowledge at all about Darley, but with the amount of business they say they do in China...?

  10. #10
    MembersZone Subscriber
    npfd801's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Somewhere in Illinois
    Posts
    2,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chiefengineer11 View Post
    When I went to Waterous' school six or seven years ago, they said they were getting all of their castings from foundries in the region.

    I have no knowledge at all about Darley, but with the amount of business they say they do in China...?
    I swear that I've heard Darley casts here, but I can't prove it. I'm going nuts looking for proof.

    Our quint we bought as a demo has a Waterous pump. If I have my say, everything else we buy will be Waterous based on how well (and quiet) the Waterous unit performs.
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

  11. #11
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by npfd801 View Post
    I swear that I've heard Darley casts here, but I can't prove it. I'm going nuts looking for proof.

    Our quint we bought as a demo has a Waterous pump. If I have my say, everything else we buy will be Waterous based on how well (and quiet) the Waterous unit performs.
    The single stage Hale Q Max is also a very good pump.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Hale pump, P50-4.
    By dadman in forum The Engineer
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-10-2006, 08:57 AM
  2. DeWalt plant closing
    By gregblewett in forum University of Extrication
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-18-2003, 04:43 PM
  3. Hale Pumps
    By MalahatTwo7 in forum The Engineer
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-20-2002, 06:43 PM
  4. hale vs. waterous
    By tmr91 in forum The Engineer
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-24-2000, 02:14 PM
  5. Hale MIV Valve
    By Spirk in forum Apparatus Innovation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-02-2000, 09:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register