Forum Member

Default Miami Valley Fire EMS Alliance, OH

Has anyone taken the test through Miami Valley Fire and Ems Alliance in Dayton, OH? What were your thoughts and experiences?

Forum Member

I took the exam about two years ago because two departments I wanted to get on part-time "exclusively" use that list. The test wasn't too impressive in my opinion, a lot of scenario based questions and logical thinking. The last bit is what most would consider a civil service test.

The problem now is most agencies in the Miami Valley aren't using the alliance anymore....for full-time; Huber Heights, Miamisburg and Beavercreek (through their part-time program) were the big ones most people took the test for. Now Huber does their own process and Miamisburg isn't hiring anytime soon since they're merging with Miami Township.

If you're looking for an opportunity to work PT with Beavercreek or Washington Township though, it still serves its purpose.

Good luck.

Forum Member

Hey thanks for the info. Thats what I was concerned with, it seemed most depts do their own process. Any info on depts in Miami Valley/Greater Dayton area hiring soon? I applied for Xenia and heard rumors Piqua could be testing soon. Also I applied for Dayton about a yr ago when the test was postponed. Does anyone have any updates on how thats going? Thanks again stay safe

Thread Information