Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Indianapolis Fire Department Hiring Process 2012

MembersZone Subscriber

Good luck and try not to stress about it!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hewartson47 View Post
    Good luck and try not to stress about it!
    I passed my CPAT today! saw a glance of the stop watch and I finshed in about 8:10
    Thanks. Now I need to hit the gym really hard incase I make it to the recruit school.

MembersZone Subscriber

Nice job, that's a good time.

Forum Member

Any word on how many passed the CPAT and when the next steps will be coming?

Forum Member

Oh and I finally received my copy of first in last out. If you are in the process it will behoove you to buy this disc. It allows you to see the history and culture of IFD and where it comes from. For me, it definitely validated why I wanted to come take the test and hopefully get picked up, every other word was Aggressive interior attack it seemed like!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by CFD11 View Post
    Oh and I finally received my copy of first in last out. If you are in the process it will behoove you to buy this disc. It allows you to see the history and culture of IFD and where it comes from. For me, it definitely validated why I wanted to come take the test and hopefully get picked up, every other word was Aggressive interior attack it seemed like!
    The video won an Emmy and also won first place in its category in the IAFF annual media awards. For those of you who have stayed in the process, there have been an unusual amount of people not showing for the CPAT. I still don't know a date for hiring, but the process will continue and a list will be generated when the okay is given to hire a class. We need it for sure. Don't believe everything you hear in the media about funding for the class being thrown out. Be patient everyone.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CFD11 View Post
    Where did you get a copy of this from? I looked online but I was only able to find the one for FDNY on amazon.
    Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aspire View Post
    Where did you get a copy of this from? I looked online but I was only able to find the one for FDNY on amazon.
    Thanks
    http://www.wfyi.org/store/product.asp?prodID=wdvdfilo

Forum Member

What is the process from this point. For example, I was reading that a aerial climb was part of the process. Does everyone that passed CPAT do this or do they just take what they need, like first 50 or so? Is the list set at this point? If you dont mind answering what is a "unusual amount" of people not showing up?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by vfd269 View Post
    What is the process from this point. For example, I was reading that a aerial climb was part of the process. Does everyone that passed CPAT do this or do they just take what they need, like first 50 or so? Is the list set at this point? If you dont mind answering what is a "unusual amount" of people not showing up?
    The aerial climb will be offered to a smaller group of qualified CPAT passing candidates. Probably only a few more than they intend to hire. Or they might do enough for two classes plus a few extras just to get it over with. I don't have actual numbers of those not showing up for the CPAT but every time I talked to someone involved I was suprised that "X" number of people out of "X" number scheduled just didn't show up.

MembersZone Subscriber

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by IFDFFENG20 View Post
    The aerial climb will be offered to a smaller group of qualified CPAT passing candidates. Probably only a few more than they intend to hire. Or they might do enough for two classes plus a few extras just to get it over with. I don't have actual numbers of those not showing up for the CPAT but every time I talked to someone involved I was suprised that "X" number of people out of "X" number scheduled just didn't show up.
    Thanks for the update! Any idea when this may be? Have they requested to hire X amount of guys? Thanks again for updating us and it sounds as if the guys/gals that stayed the course, worked hard and passed have a better shot now! Congratulations to those of us.
    Prowland247 likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

There was not quite the amount of no-shows as I thought. 216 out of 251 actually took the CPAT. Some of the no shows were people who passed during the practice session, thus they didn't have to show up for their assigned times. Not sure when aerial climb will take place.

Forum Member

I have heard the Mayor vetoed the budget for the recruit class.

Forum Member

I wonder how many of the 216 that took the CPAT, passed.

Forum Member

"A third veto nixed the councilís creation of a fund that would pay for police and fire recruits next year."

http://www.indystar.com/viewart/2012...f-Indy-council

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prowland247 View Post
    "A third veto nixed the councilís creation of a fund that would pay for police and fire recruits next year."

http://www.indystar.com/viewart/2012...f-Indy-council
    Bummer, sorry to hear that guys.

Forum Member

The way I understood this is that they wanted to set up a fund for the future... There was not any actual money cut. I don't think this means that it is a no go for the recruit classes just that the money will come from another place.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prowland247 View Post
    The way I understood this is that they wanted to set up a fund for the future... There was not any actual money cut. I don't think this means that it is a no go for the recruit classes just that the money will come from another place.
    No the cities budget is pretty short this year. This process will be good for three years though

MembersZone Subscriber

Is the SAFER grant request still pending or has it officially been rejected?

Forum Member

This is very discouraging... IFDFFENG20 do you have any insight on this?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by USMC Grunt View Post
    This is very discouraging... IFDFFENG20 do you have any insight on this?
    SAFER grant is still pending. Don't be discouraged this is a bump in the road. We are in the midst of a retirement period now, with about 35 gone or soon to be. When the council and the mayor get something worked out resolving some budget issues things should clear up. Right now politics are being played. We will need to hire at some point soon unless they close a bunch of apparatus, which has not been discussed. I don't want to speculate on a time frame but just hold tight for a bit. I will update when more is known.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by IFDFFENG20 View Post
    SAFER grant is still pending. Don't be discouraged this is a bump in the road. We are in the midst of a retirement period now, with about 35 gone or soon to be. When the council and the mayor get something worked out resolving some budget issues things should clear up. Right now politics are being played. We will need to hire at some point soon unless they close a bunch of apparatus, which has not been discussed. I don't want to speculate on a time frame but just hold tight for a bit. I will update when more is known.
    Thank you for your constant update.

Forum Member

Thanks for the updates IFDFFENG20!

What is everyone doing to prepare for recruit school?

I have been doing a mix of p90x, running, weight vest training, and crossfit. It is working pretty good so far.

MembersZone Subscriber

Ranking has been completed and top scorers will be notifed for fingerprints and backround checks at some point in the near future. I'm not sure how far they will go down the list. If you are not called, don't give up. Some people might not make it through the backround checks or will choose not to continue. Also, if there is a second class at some point they will continue down the list and select more people to go through this part of the process.
    BearDown104 likes this.

Thread Information