Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 439
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Indianapolis Fire Department Hiring Process 2012

  1. #241
    MembersZone Subscriber Firedawg42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Coastal GA
    Posts
    67

    Default

    http://www.firehouse.com/news/108193...ics-may-retire

    Wow, that's a ton of retirements. I won't be going up to apply, my dreamjob is Indy, but just a heads up for you guys that have the Chicago Fire fever. I wonder how many retirements IFD has coming up? In other news, the waiting game is a hard one.


  2. #242
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    255

    Default

    There are a lot of people waiting on final processing. If they don't throw our test out..

  3. #243
    MembersZone Subscriber Firedawg42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Coastal GA
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nbsmith28 View Post
    There are a lot of people waiting on final processing. If they don't throw our test out..
    Throw our test out? Why would they do that?

  4. #244
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firedawg42 View Post
    Throw our test out? Why would they do that?
    I'm not sure there is a short answer that can adequately answer that....certainly not one that is PC. You should check out the "Chicago Fire 2006" thread. You won't believe the ridiculousness of some of the issues.

  5. #245
    MembersZone Subscriber Firedawg42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Coastal GA
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hewartson47 View Post
    I'm not sure there is a short answer that can adequately answer that....certainly not one that is PC. You should check out the "Chicago Fire 2006" thread. You won't believe the ridiculousness of some of the issues.
    Has someone mentioned this with our IFD process or are we bringing up what ifs?

  6. #246
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firedawg42 View Post
    Has someone mentioned this with our IFD process or are we bringing up what ifs?
    nbsmith was referring to the Chicago list and, being on both lists, I misread your comment. The issues in question are all unique to the process in Chicago. Sorry for the confusion.

  7. #247
    MembersZone Subscriber Firedawg42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Coastal GA
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hewartson47 View Post
    nbsmith was referring to the Chicago list and, being on both lists, I misread your comment. The issues in question are all unique to the process in Chicago. Sorry for the confusion.
    OK, thanks for the clarification. It felt like I had a polish sausage lodged in the lining of my heart for a second!

  8. #248
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    255

    Default

    He's correct I was talking about the Chicago exam. I guess Indy is moving along hiring I heard like 30 this year. But I really don't remember for sure

  9. #249
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    37

  10. #250
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hewartson47 View Post
    Hopefully, the 2nd try went well. PM if you need any more help.
    Thanks for asking. Unfortunately, I was not allowed to take the 2nd try because of the note from my PCP.
    I was not fully recovered from the dehydration then. The Captain told me they dont want to be liable.
    I feel so much better now and I am ready to take this on Wednesday.
    I will let you know. I just hope this stupidity of mine does not work against me when they are deciding.

  11. #251
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Good luck and try not to stress about it!

  12. #252
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hewartson47 View Post
    Good luck and try not to stress about it!
    I passed my CPAT today! saw a glance of the stop watch and I finshed in about 8:10
    Thanks. Now I need to hit the gym really hard incase I make it to the recruit school.

  13. #253
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Nice job, that's a good time.

  14. #254
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Any word on how many passed the CPAT and when the next steps will be coming?

  15. #255
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Oh and I finally received my copy of first in last out. If you are in the process it will behoove you to buy this disc. It allows you to see the history and culture of IFD and where it comes from. For me, it definitely validated why I wanted to come take the test and hopefully get picked up, every other word was Aggressive interior attack it seemed like!

  16. #256
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CFD11 View Post
    Oh and I finally received my copy of first in last out. If you are in the process it will behoove you to buy this disc. It allows you to see the history and culture of IFD and where it comes from. For me, it definitely validated why I wanted to come take the test and hopefully get picked up, every other word was Aggressive interior attack it seemed like!
    The video won an Emmy and also won first place in its category in the IAFF annual media awards. For those of you who have stayed in the process, there have been an unusual amount of people not showing for the CPAT. I still don't know a date for hiring, but the process will continue and a list will be generated when the okay is given to hire a class. We need it for sure. Don't believe everything you hear in the media about funding for the class being thrown out. Be patient everyone.

  17. #257
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CFD11 View Post
    Oh and I finally received my copy of first in last out. If you are in the process it will behoove you to buy this disc. It allows you to see the history and culture of IFD and where it comes from. For me, it definitely validated why I wanted to come take the test and hopefully get picked up, every other word was Aggressive interior attack it seemed like!
    Where did you get a copy of this from? I looked online but I was only able to find the one for FDNY on amazon.
    Thanks

  18. #258
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aspire View Post
    Where did you get a copy of this from? I looked online but I was only able to find the one for FDNY on amazon.
    Thanks
    http://www.wfyi.org/store/product.asp?prodID=wdvdfilo

  19. #259
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7

    Default

    What is the process from this point. For example, I was reading that a aerial climb was part of the process. Does everyone that passed CPAT do this or do they just take what they need, like first 50 or so? Is the list set at this point? If you dont mind answering what is a "unusual amount" of people not showing up?

  20. #260
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vfd269 View Post
    What is the process from this point. For example, I was reading that a aerial climb was part of the process. Does everyone that passed CPAT do this or do they just take what they need, like first 50 or so? Is the list set at this point? If you dont mind answering what is a "unusual amount" of people not showing up?
    The aerial climb will be offered to a smaller group of qualified CPAT passing candidates. Probably only a few more than they intend to hire. Or they might do enough for two classes plus a few extras just to get it over with. I don't have actual numbers of those not showing up for the CPAT but every time I talked to someone involved I was suprised that "X" number of people out of "X" number scheduled just didn't show up.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New Albany Fire Department Hiring Process
    By potentialff in forum Indiana
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-17-2007, 01:15 PM
  2. Indianapolis Fire Department Hiring
    By IFDFFENG20 in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 124
    Last Post: 11-16-2007, 10:34 PM
  3. Austin Fire Department Hiring Process Canned!
    By myessem in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-10-2005, 04:31 AM
  4. Hiring process in Indianapolis
    By fire1035 in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-04-2005, 01:36 PM
  5. Indianapolis Fire Department is Hiring
    By IFDFFENG20 in forum Illinois
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-31-2003, 06:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts