Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Indianapolis Fire Department Hiring Process 2012

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by IFDFFENG20 View Post
    My guess is that all the emails for this round have been sent out. If they hire a second class down the road, more people will be notified. I don't like being the bearer of bad news, but I don't want to give anyone false hope either.
    Well, that's unfortunate. Hopefully we will all be classmates in the 2nd class then

MembersZone Subscriber

Its pretty crazy to me that only one of us on this site made it through, and I thought I would hear about denial letters as well. Atleast I can say that I gave it all I had, I even moved up here from Georgia for the process. My GG Grandfather was part of IFD's first paid recruit class, I really wanted to continue the legacy. Hopefully this round isn't over, if it is I pray that we will get a second class from this list.

Forum Member

My guess is that all the emails for this round have been sent out. If they hire a second class down the road, more people will be notified. I don't like being the bearer of bad news, but I don't want to give anyone false hope either.
    Thank you for the info. It really breaks my heart as I hoped to be part of this class.
    Thanks again.

Forum Member

IFDFFENG20... I was wondering if you knew what text the class would be using or any other helpful tips that I could be doing to prepare for recruit school?

Also do you have any updates on if and when they are wanting to start the class?

Thanks everyone for the support!

Forum Member

Prowland What's your race/ethnicity?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fireman4321 View Post
    Prowland What's your race/ethnicity?
    White male late 20's

Forum Member

They took fingerprints of thumb and index and that was not what IMPD needs for background checks so we have to redo them.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prowland247 View Post
    They took fingerprints of thumb and index and that was not what IMPD needs for background checks so we have to redo them.
    What day did you do CPAT on out of curiosity. Thanks and good luck Brother! I'm praying I'll be a class behind you!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BearDown104 View Post
    What day did you do CPAT on out of curiosity. Thanks and good luck Brother! I'm praying I'll be a class behind you!
    My days were on Friday. Prayers sent your way!
    BearDown104 likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

IFDFFENG20,

I sent you a PM

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Prowland247 View Post
    IFDFFENG20... I was wondering if you knew what text the class would be using or any other helpful tips that I could be doing to prepare for recruit school?

Also do you have any updates on if and when they are wanting to start the class?

Thanks everyone for the support!
    I'm not sure exactly what books will be used but The IFSTA books for engine and ladder operations as well as the big IFSTA book that covers most aspects of the job (I forget the official name). Don't get too far ahead and start reading these books. They are good for basic knowledge but the IFD has its' own way of doing some things. Start working out if you aren't already. Nothing crazy, but don't be the one that shows up overweight. You will be put on a special program and risk losing your job before you even start. The Chief wants to start around the first of the year but it will likely be early spring if it happens.

Forum Member

IFDFFENG20,

I hope you are well. Do you know if any letter / email will be sent out to people who are not moving forward? I have not received any notification yet.
    I am still holding out hope that something will happen.
    Thank you.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Aspire View Post
    IFDFFENG20,

I hope you are well. Do you know if any letter / email will be sent out to people who are not moving forward? I have not received any notification yet.
    I am still holding out hope that something will happen.
    Thank you.
    Anyone that did not receive notiification is not being considered for the first class. This does not mean you are out of the process by any means. Only those being considered received emails telling them what the next steps are going to be. 50 received those letters.

MembersZone Subscriber

50 received those letters.
    Just curious, is this the top 50 in order? Or is this where the Chief was allowed to make his allotment of selections?
    CFD11 likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Hewartson47 View Post
    Just curious, is this the top 50 in order? Or is this where the Chief was allowed to make his allotment of selections?
    Chief's picks don't come until list is certified by Merit Board. This has not happened yet. He gets 20% of the picks on the certified list. Like it or not, it's the rules.

MembersZone Subscriber

Will his picks have to come from the 50 that already received letters or can he pick any of us?
    Aspire likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Will his picks have to come from the 50 that already received letters or can he pick any of us?
    By city Merit Law he can pick anyone from the qualified list. This includes those not selected for the background checks as well. I don't know how it will shake out when it comes time to make the final list for this class.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for taking the time to answer all our questions. Merry Christmas!

Forum Member

Thanks for taking the time to answer all our questions. Merry Christmas!
    Second that. Thank you very much!

MembersZone Subscriber

Prowland,

Any updates?

Forum Member

No real updates yet... there were questionnaires sent out to my references not too long ago.

The anticipation is nerve racking! I hope to hear good news soon!

Forum Member

Prowland,

Hope you get it, if you aren't on a paid department right now I would still be watching for and testing departments. I have been reading up on the issues the city is facing and it isn't pretty this year. The cops are actually thinking about hiring people with experience to short cut the expense of training people from "zero to hero" for a lack of a better wording. Just a heads up Kansas City FD is getting ready to run a test and this is gonna be a big year I think for testing of the major metro departments. Houston has opened up as well and I got a buddy that is saying that philly is going to test again. Philly is really driving for military hiring and the grant monies allocated to hiring vets. Obviously IFDengine20 will know the real deal and I am sure he will post when he hears something concrete but you could be in for a long wait, waiting for SAFER grant awards and etc. I and many others are just hoping for a second class at this point after not getting called back for background. Good luck brother

MembersZone Subscriber

Prowland,

Any updates?
    There has been some movement in terms of the City County Council finding some common ground on the budget issues from late last year. This is good for the prospects of hiring a class. The Chief is moving forward with the process. He is promoting this month and I would like to think within the next couple of months he will bring a recommendation of hiring to the Merit Board for approval. It is a real possibility. If I hear anything I will update. Took a break during the holidays because not much was happening. Good Luck to all still in the process.

Forum Member

Got the email to move on to the ladder climb! Great news!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Glad to hear, congrats!
    Prowland247 likes this.

Thread Information