Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Indianapolis Fire Department Hiring Process 2012

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prowland247 View Post
    Got the email today to get fingerprinted next week! You would not believe my excitement right now! Good luck everyone!
    Congrats. Nothing here either.
    Prowland247 likes this.

Forum Member

Congrats to those who get to move on. I was out of the process after the interview. it was my 1st ever with a fire dept and i bombed it. I was very nervous. I still got on this thread to see how the process is moving a long. IFD is my dream dept and hope to work there 1 day. Im only 24 so I shuld be able to participate in a few more processes. Its hard knowing that I'm gonna have to wait a few years at least but just wanted to say congrats to those who made it as far as you did and to those even moving farther. If u haven't got an email yet keep your fingers crossed.Trust me I know what it's like being disappointed from receiving that heartbreaking email. Once again congrats and good luck to all.
    Aspire likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BearDown104 View Post
    Did they already do aerial climb and I just didn't hear or did they do away with that portion or postpone it till after backgrounds? Thanks IFD for your updates. Every time my phone makes a noise I get excited!
    Aerial climb is one of the last steps if they are going to do it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by WFDDREW View Post
    Congrats to those who get to move on. I was out of the process after the interview. it was my 1st ever with a fire dept and i bombed it. I was very nervous. I still got on this thread to see how the process is moving a long. IFD is my dream dept and hope to work there 1 day. Im only 24 so I shuld be able to participate in a few more processes. Its hard knowing that I'm gonna have to wait a few years at least but just wanted to say congrats to those who made it as far as you did and to those even moving farther. If u haven't got an email yet keep your fingers crossed.Trust me I know what it's like being disappointed from receiving that heartbreaking email. Once again congrats and good luck to all.
    Keep testing even if it's not with IFD. The more you test the more you get comfortable with the process. There are other departments within the state and surrounding states that are good to work for. It took most of us several times to finally get hired somewhere. Get your EMT or Medic, find a department to volunteer, keep your nose clean etc. The key is to not give up, but to keep working towards your dream.

Forum Member

Nothing... Well, this is frustrating...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by WFDDREW View Post
    Don't give up. I am 30 and I am just getting my chance. Keep your head up.

Forum Member

THANKS for the words of encouragement I've never considered giving up I have my emt ff1&2 and soon will be getting into medic school just figuring out where i wanna take it. I agree there are great depts in the area of indy and ill be testing for 3 of those depts coming up soon. Ill work wherever I can because yes it is my dream job. and I wont stop till I get on somewhere full time to live out my dream

Forum Member

Anyone else get a "moving on" email/call?

Forum Member

Nothing here, still have hope though since prowland247 is the only one on the forum that has mentioned anything. Hopefully they still have more people to contact.

Forum Member

Just I case anyone was wondering I was notified via email on Thursday. Last time I saw people getting notifications for cpat testing a bit before I got mine.

Forum Member

Just I case anyone was wondering I was notified via email on Thursday. Last time I saw people getting notifications for cpat testing a bit before I got mine.
    Congrats again. What is your initials in case they are sending the emails alphabetically. Thank you.

Forum Member

Thanks Aspire, my last name starts with an R.

IFDFFENG20 I was wondering if you knew how many are going for finger printing? Also what are the next few steps in the process?

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks Aspire, my last name starts with an R.

IFDFFENG20 I was wondering if you knew how many are going for finger printing? Also what are the next few steps in the process?
    I don't know how many are going to be finger printed. At some point there will be conditional offers once the okay is given to hire people. Then there is usually a physical by our physician and a psychological exam and interview with a psychologist. I don't know if there will be an aerial climb.

Forum Member

I am getting worried by the hour. I have not received any email. Would there be any notification for people who did not get selected?

MembersZone Subscriber

Man, this is such a bummer. I completed the background, fingerprinting, etc. during the 2008 process, but with the mergers and poor economy my opportunity never arrived. I was really hoping to have a better showing this time around, but it doesn't look good. Age isn't my friend, so this was my last shot. Hopefully, those of you moving on will eventually get your chance. IFD is an amazing department and anyone making it through to the academy should appreciate just how fortunate they are.

Prowland247, congrats! It looks like you're the only one of us in this thread moving on. Be sure to keep us updated on your progress!

Forum Member

I took, and passed the CPAT, but haven't gotten any email to move on. The vibe I got from the proctor at the CPAT was that if we passed the CPAT then we were in great shape due to all the hiring that needed to be done. Anyone have any idea if they are still sending out emails, or if they were all sent at once last week? Not getting one during this wave has me worried due to all the budget issues.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hewartson47 View Post
    Man, this is such a bummer. I completed the background, fingerprinting, etc. during the 2008 process, but with the mergers and poor economy my opportunity never arrived. I was really hoping to have a better showing this time around, but it doesn't look good. Age isn't my friend, so this was my last shot. Hopefully, those of you moving on will eventually get your chance. IFD is an amazing department and anyone making it through to the academy should appreciate just how fortunate they are.

Prowland247, congrats! It looks like you're the only one of us in this thread moving on. Be sure to keep us updated on your progress!

I just turned 30 about 5 months ago and most definitely age is not on my side either. However, I am still hopeful that something will happen. IFD, any idea if there are more emails to be sent out? Thank you for your time.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier317 View Post
    I took, and passed the CPAT, but haven't gotten any email to move on. The vibe I got from the proctor at the CPAT was that if we passed the CPAT then we were in great shape due to all the hiring that needed to be done. Anyone have any idea if they are still sending out emails, or if they were all sent at once last week? Not getting one during this wave has me worried due to all the budget issues.
    Remember, the CPAT is only pass/fail. The scores had been determined by this point. Over 250 people were scheduled to take the CPAT. Passing the CPAT was just another step in the overall process. We need to hire for sure, but someone who passed the CPAT could be ranked #250 and I doubt the list would go this far.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Aspire View Post
    I just turned 30 about 5 months ago and most definitely age is not on my side either. However, I am still hopeful that something will happen. IFD, any idea if there are more emails to be sent out? Thank you for your time.
    My guess is that all the emails for this round have been sent out. If they hire a second class down the road, more people will be notified. I don't like being the bearer of bad news, but I don't want to give anyone false hope either.

Forum Member

Also, some may not pass the background and/or physical. Some may not take the offer to move on as well. A few who are close to the top of the list may get a shot.

I'm just really hoping they actually do hire off this list again.

Thread Information